The online racing simulator
Need quick reply ASAP, Office 2007 Problem
(34 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
I am finishing off my last ICT Coursework of this year but when I normally open the file it opens fine but now it is showing errors.
It is not able to load up the screenshots I have in document and this is stopping me from finishing my coursework what must be submitted today.
lol Sherlock you're doing that at 1:35am?? Bit late /me think.
What does this error tells?
Could maybe help with a little more info
#4 - sam93
#5 - sam93
Quote from The Very End :What does this error tells?
Could maybe help with a little more info

The error appears when I load the document up, provided some screenshots.
Attached images
Office_2007_Error.JPG
Office_2007_Error_2.JPG
:scared:
What the heck, never seen a error like that before. Just a big red X all over place. I am not much familiar with the 07 version of word, but still haven't seen a error like that before.
Tried to re-install the game?
#7 - Jakg
W...T...F...

Try re-saving in a different format...?

Honestly no clue...
he put on the X himself so we dont see his coursework

Am i right?
Try if the file opens correctly on another pc or with openoffice.

Apart from that: I have never seen that "feature"
Quote from DevilDare :he put on the X himself so we dont see his coursework

Am i right?

I haven't put the X through it, that came up because it said it couldn't load it, part of the error.
It's probably because you're screen shots are linked to the picture files, rather than being embedded in the document. It sounds as though the original files might have been moved so that the path to link to them has been corrupted. Check the original files are still in the same place as they were when you inserted them into the document. Maybe you've opened the document on a different computer, in which case you need to get the pictures from the original computer.
That is one tight Error 'X'.
Quote from Drafter :It's probably because you're screen shots are linked to the picture files, rather than being embedded in the document. It sounds as though the original files might have been moved so that the path to link to them has been corrupted. Check the original files are still in the same place as they were when you inserted them into the document. Maybe you've opened the document on a different computer, in which case you need to get the pictures from the original computer.

It is nothing to do with the above, for the screenshots I have just pressed Print Screen and Copied it into the report.
It wont be that I opened the document on a different computer as on all of the 5 reports I have done this year I have opened the documents on my desktop, my notebook, school computer and my dad's laptop and it's been fine so I don't know what has happened but it is deffently not any of the above that you have suggested.
It doens't matter where the original documents are what I have took screen shots of as they are just screens of spreadsheets etc that have had to be included into the report.
Save as a different format, and try to load again...maybe
Cry, then rewrite it all again.
Unless you can get a repair util for Office 2k7 your best bet might be to try to pick through the XML to recover what you can, if the import option when it detects the corruption has the option just to import text I'd do that and bring the spreadsheets etc. in again.

I would hazard a guess that unless you had a crash then if this file has been on removable media (usb stick etc.) at some point that's probably where the corruption came from.
^ could be right Mike.

Have you used Office 2007 all the time, or used 2003 or something, for example at school.

You saved it as a word document, right?

Are you really still at school????

Jeez!
#18 - Jakg
Hey - I only broke up today!
Quote from Jakg :Hey - I only broke up today!

Deary me :S

We broke up like 3 weeks ago

I havnt been at school since May
#20 - Jakg
You've done your GCSE's though, us 6th formers to more work and don't get a massive holiday...
so Sam did u FAIL?
Quote from Jakg :You've done your GCSE's though, us 6th formers to more work and don't get a massive holiday...

My school has 6th form too

Ah well - you're probs back after us anyway
Quote from sam93 :The error appears when I load the document up, provided some screenshots.

looking at the second screenshot, i would say your files corrupted. do you have a backup? (shame your not using vista, then you could have used the previous versions feature)
#24 - Jakg
Quote from J@tko :My school has 6th form too

Ah well - you're probs back after us anyway

Yes, but 6th formers (here, at least) start A2 levels in June, then work 'till then end of the term and then carry on A2 in September...
I think the file did currupt but I submitted the file anyway, I am not to worried about the mark I get on my Task 5 as I have done enough work in the other 4 tasks to make up for the marks and I have also included enough in task 5 what hasn't ended up currupt.
If this isn't good enough to gain enough marks I will just make sure I make up for it in year 11 lol. I have been told already that I will most likely get A" in my ICT Double Award anyway, still going to work my ass off though.

I wont know about the work was ok until next year because I broke up this tuesday.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG