The online racing simulator
#1 - Migz
What Is This? :| What Would It Be Called? (Audio device thing)
I'm kinda in a muddle.

Next to my computer i have like a tower of three devices for audio.

Equalizer
Cd Player
Volume control.

but their all very old now, and so my brother asked me to find some new ones on the internet to buy. But thing is i cant find any. I'm guessing I've got the name wrong for it or something.

I've not searched for the cd player because im sure that'd be an easy thing to find. But the equalizer and the volume control i cant find.

A friend of mine told me to search for an "amp" but all i got was guitar amps, although there was one along the lines of the volume control but it didnt have many switches and dials. And i need lots of switches and dials to customize the sound

So im asking if some of you know if theres a website that deals in this? or has alot of these things on? I tried amazon but there was nothing on there. Or perhaps im using the wrong keywords when im searching for them so perhaps you could tell me the correct one

Ta very much

Pic's of my current setup included.
Attached images
CIMG0007.JPG
CIMG0008.JPG
CIMG0009.JPG
CIMG0010.JPG
Try "amplifier". I'm not sure if equalizers are made a lot now. But if you have a good amplifier you don't really need one. Denon is good, NAD too.
zOMGWTF!!
I see Xpox 360's are now part of a common stereo system!

(OT..What you need is a AMPLIFIER!)
#4 - amp88
#5 - Migz
Quote from Darkone55 :Try "amplifier". I'm not sure if equalizers are made a lot now. But if you have a good amplifier you don't really need one. Denon is good, NAD too.

I tried that but there werent many results.

Quote from Bladerunner :zOMGWTF!!
I see Xpox 360's are now part of a common stereo system!

(OT..What you need is a AMPLIFIER!)

i knew someone would say something like that.
And no XD its not part of the common stereo system its not part of anything its unplugged, it doesnt work. (xbox = (n))

Quote from amp88 :If you're looking to replace them all you might do best looking for "hifi separates". Separates is the common term (at least in the UK) for buying these separate components (CD Player, amplifier etc).

http://www.richersounds.com/pr ... amp;pgroup=HI-FISEPARATES

That is exactly what i needed a link to a site full of them
How much are you planning on spending?
I'm running all NAD stuff, my speakers are Mission though. We are talking thousands of pounds worth of equipment. I swear by NAD and it is really the only thing I will use. When it comes to the DJ side of thing, I stick to Technics, so I have Technics separates in my bedroom and NAD separates with Mission speakers downstairs in the front room.
I worked for Mission briefly, if there's blood on the foam inside, it's mine!
Ooooh Gotta love Mission speakers, my Uncle doesn't really like them, but they suit the NAD stuff really well.
Quote from The General Lee :How much are you planning on spending?
I'm running all NAD stuff, my speakers are Mission though. We are talking thousands of pounds worth of equipment. I swear by NAD and it is really the only thing I will use. When it comes to the DJ side of thing, I stick to Technics, so I have Technics separates in my bedroom and NAD separates with Mission speakers downstairs in the front room.

I had Mission speakers for some time, probably not the best, but I didn't really like them. Could have had something to do with the acoustics of my room tho.

My father's got Dali (which is NAD I believe?) speakers and they sound so amazing. Really good stuff indeed. Together with this http://www.project-audio.com/bild.php?xperience.jpg piece of art it's just so amazing to listen to good music..!
Technics is kind enough to provide the exact name of the device on the front, right next to the Technics logo
The unit on the bottom is called a receiver. An amplifier usually doesn't have much buttons (tone controls are the Antichrist of the hifi world), some don't even have a volume control (volume is controlled by an external input selector). A receiver is usually crammed with features and provides input selection etc.
Quote from kingfag :The unit on the bottom is called a receiver. An amplifier usually doesn't have much buttons (tone controls are the Antichrist of the hifi world), some don't even have a volume control (volume is controlled by an external input selector). A receiver is usually crammed with features and provides input selection etc.

Integrated amplifiers almost always got tone controls. i think you are refering to power amplifier wich requiers a external pre-amplifier (in wich you plug in your cd player and such).
Quote from kingfag :An amplifier usually doesn't have much buttons (tone controls are the Antichrist of the hifi world).

This is true, my uncle recently payed a wopping ammount for an amp (Marantz I think is the manufacturer) and it barely has any controls on it whatsoever. There are some equalizer dials on there, but its best not to use them so you get the perfect tuned sound for how the music was originally recorded.

Sounds amazing though, worth the money if you listen to a hell of a lot of music it like me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG