The online racing simulator
Gear number
(16 posts, started )
#1 - kirmy
Gear number
I think that all road cars on lfs should have the gear number, on the dials removed, a cant think of any road car in real life that has the gear number indicated on the dials, it would certainly make for some interesting moments in corners, what do you guys think?
Quote from kirmy :I think that all road cars on lfs should have the gear number, on the dials removed, a cant think of any road car in real life that has the gear number indicated on the dials, it would certainly make for some interesting moments in corners, what do you guys think?

Yet another suggestion that I agree 100% with
Not everyone has a G25 with shifter where you can see what gear you are driving. I'm against
+1
-1 from me. In real life you can reach down and feel what gear you're in, or if necessary, look where the gear lever is. When you don't have that option on the computer (as we don't all have G25s), you need an on-screen substitute.
Quote from marzman :Not everyone has a G25 with shifter where you can see what gear you are driving. I'm against

You really don't need to know what gear you are in (At least I didn't when I used paddles).
But if that's really necessary, I think we all can count to 7.

If I had a paddle shifting race car IRL, I would not miss the gear indicator...
How often do you check what gear you are in when driving a road car?
Option to enable/disable it on the HUD

Then if you are driving in interior view, and want a gear indicator, you can enable it on the HUD and it appears somewhere onscreen, or you can turn it off, so none shows !

There we go, debate on that

Sarge.
(Most) sportbikes don't have a gear indicator and they're all sequential.

I don't care either way, though. I think they're nice to have.
Quote from frokki :You really don't need to know what gear you are in (At least I didn't when I used paddles).

If I had a paddle shifting race car IRL, I would not miss the gear indicator...
How often do you check what gear you are in when driving a road car?

Wel, you need to count and sometimes i miss a gear (don't know if that's my crappy wheel or if that's simulated, but i'm happy when i have a visual on that in the roadcars because that's quicker then noticing you revs are all wrong. You could replace it with a visual shifter, but i think this is ok too.
Quote from Equinox :Option to enable/disable it on the HUD

Then if you are driving in interior view, and want a gear indicator, you can enable it on the HUD and it appears somewhere onscreen, or you can turn it off, so none shows !

There we go, debate on that

Sarge.

I agree, but then you have people whining because it's unfair that they don't have the visual because the choose not too and other do have it what gives them an advantage.
#11 - Dac
+1 for this and i dont have a G25 i have a momo. i think it will make you a better driver by relying more on the sound of the engine.
Id say -1, its fine to have them (I CAN count to seven , but sometimes I just need to look at them, as I already need to concentrate on the Braking and turninin Point)
Making it optional gets my vote, nice one Sarge.

Sam
Quote from kirmy :I think that all road cars on lfs should have the gear number, on the dials removed, a cant think of any road car in real life that has the gear number indicated on the dials, it would certainly make for some interesting moments in corners, what do you guys think?

Toyota MR2 Spyder
Various exotic sports cars...
Any car modified for the kind of adjustability available in an LFS car
if i could really be bothered with it i could fetch more examples.
Quote from frokki :You really don't need to know what gear you are in (At least I didn't when I used paddles).

I get confused even with 6 gears on my bike...

Quote from Equinox :Option to enable/disable it on the HUD

Ur genius! Can you release the genius in you and let it marry me?

Gear number
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG