The online racing simulator
GT2 versions of GT1 cars.

I know the script exists and does a pretty good job on CTRA and other servers, but it would be much more widely used if it was already in game. Also, you can't tell GT1 from GT2 on server unless it is in server name.

GT2 racing is MUCH closer racing and fewer mistakes and crashes. GT1 are nice cars but the skill levels required leaves large variations and a spread field. Nothing more fun than swapping positions with 5 or 6 cars in a close pack for a 5+ lap race.
server filters...
I am one of those that aren't as active in the moment, so sorry if I state something that has already been discussed previously:

it's about the filters for the multiplayer server list: I am a huge fan of that "curising" filter that was introduced recently and now here is my thought on that:

why not make another filter for seperating drifters from racers??

it would be a huge improvement for those who - like me - feel the need for a ride in lfs from time to time but are interested in the less popular cars for racing. For me, I'm more interested in having fun in cars with road-going tyres. But when I find myself in deselecting cruise and restricting to the non-single-seater and non-slick-tyres-vehicles then there almost only appear to be drift-servers set up for those cars. And that means I'm having a hard time to filter out the relevant servers that are open to real racing with my very own eyes an my right hand on my mouse.
I think the possibility for ruling all those drift-servers out of sight would hugely benefit all people out there that want to go "street-racing" but DO NOT WANT TO END UP ON A DRIFT SERVER. For example nearly 95% of the servers that do feature the LX-class are drift-servers. Finding one server in that list that isn't and has people playing can be a real pain - and I think it even might discourage many racers to try and search for such combinations later on, as well.

Yes, of courser there is always the one to three ctra-servers nowadays where such racing does actually exist. But I do not always want to compete with other licensees - i.e. to worry about my license status. Sometimes I just prefer on fooling around in a real race that doesn't harm my status on ctra and/or that allows for some completely different car-track-configurations than those offered on that special server at the given time.

Maybe it is even a good idea to offer filter-tags for closed-league racing, public servers or team-servers within the filter-system in multiplayer-menu, so there will be less of a question about "should I join here or is it probably about some serious league I didn't here or read about previously?".

Well as stated above: seperating real racers from drifters - and thereby allowing for a more straight-on lfs-online experience is my main concern for now.

Just my 2 cent.

Thank you for you time

[D-R-T] DrBen
I agree. However, shouldn't change cruising filter to "Not race server" filter? That would include both cruising and drifting (And also destruction derby).

The problem is that why should drifting servers flag their server as "not race server"? What do they earn by doing so? I can understand cruising, because then drivers can drive the track in both direction without a message saying that is is a wrong direction.
Thx for you reply Gekkibi
Quote from Gekkibi :... However, shouldn't change cruising filter to "Not race server" filter? That would include both cruising and drifting (And also destruction derby).

Yeah but that would quite simply switch the odds of the lfs experience around, now being a pain for any drifter or cruiser. I would prefer making it easier thus more accessible for all the popular types of racing.

Quote :The problem is that why should drifting servers flag their server as "not race server"? What do they earn by doing so?

The drifters would - given the situation that almost approximately 70% of the servers with road-car combos are in fact labelled as drift-servers - not gain as much for the time-being, of course. But in the long run I think they, too, will have a better experience as well, since they can then chose their preferred form of racing in exactly the same manor as anyone else.

Given the fact that the most popular types of racing atm are:
{proper track-racing; drifting; cruising; drag-racing; rally-X;} I would systematically introduce those categories as server-tags + a tag for "other" to offer a seperate tag all the other types of racing that I didn't think of in that list. Jump & bump racing for example can be distinguished by looking at the offered track which shows up in the server list what-so-ever. Drifting can only be "seen" when looking at the server-name - but sadly not always are server-names including that much information.

That's why I think offering a tag for the most-common forms of motor-racing would enhance the acceptance of my suggested distinguation of race-types. Of course this leaves the choice in the hands of the user to filter the list of servers to his liking or, for example, go without any filters, at all.

Again, my main theme is to safe the occasional racer and the power user a lot of unnessecary time picking out a suitable server, when going for "a quick race".

Greets
[D-R-T] DrBen
Pit entry/exit lines, Racers get a drive-through if these are touched
Pic: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ntrollines.jpg
Drive-Through, Racers that are serving a drive though must stay on the pit "fastlane"
Pic: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/fastlane.jpg
Pit stops, when preforming a pit-stop/stop-go the racer must not travel more then 8 meters (example) then in the pit box or yellow zones
(I posted these in the other post but they could be grenal inprovements)

Illegal Passes, Pases that are made by going off track should be deemed illegal and must be reversed or a drive-through will result
Cutting Corners, if too many corners are cut the racer is served with a drive-through
Reserve Fuel, Incase the main runs out before the pits.. roughly should have 1 lap, but should have an attached pentaly (+5 sec on laptime)
Call it bump or whatever, just saw something that need updateing

"+ More than 8 shadows at a time" <-- Y20 = 16 shadows, or am i wrong?

Btw, add "timestamped chatmsg" or something
Quote from Xalies :Illegal Passes, Pases that are made by going off track should be deemed illegal and must be reversed or a drive-through will result

There's nothing illegal (in real life) about pass by going off the track.
(as long as there's no cutting involved of course)
Connection List Order
It would be great to be able to have the ingame connection list into a useful order.

On CD1 we allow votes as its a public server but have a problem with stupid "vote to kick" users

Someone clicks a username to kick or ban often gets the wrong person as the list has re-sorted itself. (We have all done it)

Other lemmings then follow pressing 1

Currently the list order on a busy server is a nightmare as it moves far to much

It should be in order of when they joined, oldest on the top, newest at the bottom, that way the list movement would be at its minimum.

Latency bars should also be part of the connection list as its almost imposible to work out who has a connection problem from the bars to the list.

When someone who leaves they should stay in the list for X seconds but be marked as left (Colour change pehaps), if they rejoin they retake their place in the list

These changes would cure the "I clicked the wrong person" problem but not the stupid votes

To cure that the connection list could have V1, V2, V3 etc against those who have voted, where V1 started the vote.

We could also do a quick "Stop the vote" key say press 1 again so if some votes by mistake the vote started can stop the vote by pressing 1 again
I have read this first post, and i didn´t see a suggestion of improvement of the grass textures, because as it is, i really really don´t like it at all..
In fact i find it very ugly. If this has already been posted, (I think it has), Sorry
Grass textures can already be modified, so, simply make your own?
I want Rallycross cars with 550-700 bhp. 4x4.
And many moore Rallycross tracks, with long jumps and highspeed corners.

Can i donate money so my wishes will be granted?
Quote from AndroidXP :Grass textures can already be modified, so, simply make your own?

No, but i mean that there are only nasty grasswalls and a flat texture, so now it looks like a golfers cours
Instead i'd like to have a more detailed overall grass texture, where you can actually see the grass poking out everywhere, to get a more 3D feel to it.
Quote from Stiggie :Instead i'd like to have a more detailed overall grass texture, where you can actually see the grass poking out everywhere, to get a more 3D feel to it.

Crysis?
Quote from ealoken :I want Rallycross cars with 550-700 bhp. 4x4.
And many moore Rallycross tracks, with long jumps and highspeed corners.

Can i donate money so my wishes will be granted?

I have said it many times before, but I say it again , a BIG +1 for more rallycross contest in LFS.
I don't think donating more money to the crew would help, but if it did I would donate like 200 bucks for 2-3 more rallycross tracks with some new cars aswell
Would be good to see the brake rotors begin to glow red as they get hot ..
Ok, as no one can either react seriously, or react at all on my other suggestion, here's another, simpeler one.
How about having the rear lights to interfere with the front lights, as in making a part of red light up in the rear, like in a real car?
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 7ORF4&feature=related
Here the rear light only goes red when the fronts are on..
Quote from Stiggie :Ok, as no one can either react seriously, or react at all on my other suggestion, here's another, simpeler one.
How about having the rear lights to interfere with the front lights, as in making a part of red light up in the rear, like in a real car?
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 7ORF4&feature=related
Here the rear light only goes red when the fronts are on..

Those aren't car lights, they're strobe lights and are probably wired to go on together.
In a way you're right, but the lights in LFS I think are meant to be high beam lights, to warn other people, and in that case the rear lights don't go on.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Those aren't car lights, they're strobe lights and are probably wired to go on together.
In a way you're right, but the lights in LFS I think are meant to be high beam lights, to warn other people, and in that case the rear lights don't go on.

I know they are, but in a real car it does the same thing.. i took a bad example there, i know
But about the signal lights, however, if night racing is going to be added, which ofcourse is for Scawen do be decided, it could be a nice idea, as you can actually see the rear lights of the car, to locate where he/she(?) is. And ofcourse, it's more realisic anyways. Just an idea, what do you think?
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
Some reactions would be nice
Stiggie,

I am sure if/when we get night racing in LFS part of that upgrade will be to include real lights on the cars. Not just the brake, blinker/hazard and flash to pass driving lights we have now. When that will be is anybodys guess.
Hi.

One more physics thing: longitudinal acceleration and grip of tyres is wrong.

Scawen said it himself in one Post:

Quote from Scawen : But we know the longitudinal tyre forces need some improvements, for example the well known thing that in many cars the acceleration seems too good if you just wheelspin.

It shows he is aware of it. This post was in March 2007 ... so I hope something will be done soon :-)
Setup stats
Setup stats:

It sure would be nice to know..

1. the best lap time for a setup
2. number of laps

..for each track.

I am not good at organizing setups, but some stats in the setup file would help me pick the best setup when a particular combo is driven not to often.
Improvement suggestion: "Get Track info (SO6/FBM) by Hotkey"

If people join the server there is often asked for the name of the combo they joined. What about a possibility to get this information by pressing a hotkey while in spectation mode(!).

I always join the race, press F7 to see my Lapstatus and to see the name of the combo. But I always have to join first, this causes problems for all others...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a suggestion already existing:
"+ Make race length, wind and weather (etc.) viewable while spectate"

perhaps it is close to mine...
Why not just do this? :

1. Join race
2. Open talk window, usually with "t"
3. Write following : /w pb
4. Now you get a message, if you have done 0 laps it tells "no PB found for this car/track" , or at least something close to this.

When it's allready this easy I don't see the need for a easier way. The only thing I miss is a chance to see PB (or what track it is) from spectator veiw. Could be done easly with beeing able to get up PB by writing /w pb FOX , then it would show the PB for that track with that car, and you could see what combo it was aswell.
Because I want to prevent the "join", as described above.

The "join" causes problems to the server (the well known lag-problem by jumping into the pits) and this shouldn't be necessary to see this info.

Would be easy to implement (I guess).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG