The online racing simulator
So, using mouse with pedals is also a cheat? Not so confortable by the way
Quote from pecholobo :...

how come you only ever show up in threads about hotlap exploits?

Quote from scipy :Erm, way to go wit the double standards there. Phlos makes a setupfield to basically help out the community to get WR sets (which are pretty much useless for anything else except hotlaping) and then he is lynched in the forums and people spam his site, BUT when Victor makes a LFSW hotlap analyser thingy that basically does the same thing - reveals setup information then he is praised for a good job with helping out the community to learn more about sets? And when people start complaining about how they don't want their setup information revealed the only argument fallacy used is: "Oh if you don't want to help out your community then don't upload hotlaps to LFSW". Just cut the shit and get off ur high fanboi horse.

ahem... i have never used phlos setup site but unless i understood something wrong his tool ripped the entire setup from the replay and not just the bits that are and have been officially documented on the lfs website for god knows how long
http://www.lfs.net/?page=RAF
Remark. G25 have 500 Hz USB. DFP 125 Hz. Users G25 is cheaters, they play LFS in 4 time frequently.
Quote from aIM BLR :Remark. G25 have 500 Hz USB. DFP 125 Hz. Users G25 is cheaters, they play LFS in 4 time frequently.

Are you serious?!
Töki (HUN), cheaters no, scan USB yes.
#56 - Worm
Hello drivers,

IMO, this script is a real shit(and cheat)... and there is no reason to use it.
When pecholobo beat my wr on fe2/FXO ( i did 1.16.97) with this script i was so desapointed because my lap was good ( ok except maybe the last sector ). Now, the best way is to beat these people who use this script. Just maybe to open the mind of these guys...
This script remind me the button clutch in the old version of LFS.... It was not really a cheat, but everbody knows that it so bad to use it. If you want to be respected dont use it and that s all. If you want to be cheater and not considered as a driver, so use it.
I look at it this way:

If it can be done within LFS (for example through the script system), then it's not a cheat.

If you rely on a 3rd party software to alter LFS functions, then it's a cheat.
Quote from pecholobo :the people who uses a mouse to take the direction control, more rapid and precision is not cheater? does not do traps? accelerate and brake with a button in a better reaction time that with a few pedals is not a trap? Is not the stabilizer of keyboard an advantage? and the steering wheels with axes in the paddles that activate the analogical axis at the same gear change time is not an advantage?

I don't think mouse is better than good well set wheel. I do use mouse in LFS, but I feel mostly comfortable with racing go-kart wheel (like formula, you don't need to let the hand off to make full turn), than mouse, than 700+ degree road car wheels.

I would take gas/brake pedals instead of buttons every time. While the reaction with button is a bit faster, I could earn lot of hundrets of second during braking into turn and soft work with gas to handle over/under steer near car limit. The button thing makes me to compromise my setups and change my racing line to compensate that.

I have no idea about the rest, but IMO good wheel is better than mouse + gas/brake on keyboard. Especially with formula cars, weak road cars are easy to put near limit no matter what controller you use.
Quote from r4ptor :I look at it this way:

If it can be done within LFS (for example through the script system), then it's not a cheat.

If you rely on a 3rd party software to alter LFS functions, then it's a cheat.

I largely agree with that - however any avoidable and unreasonable unfair or unrealistic advantage (like clutch scripts_ should be knobbled at an appropriate oppertunity. Using scripts to do pit limiters and so-on is fine, but not clutch operation. I have a hunch how these scripts may work.

In athletics sprints, if a runner leaves within 0.1 seconds it is deemed to be a false start as it is practically impossible to react in that time. Maybe some form of system which notices suspectly fast gearshifts could be added. Maybe not delete them unless it is obvious, but put an "under investigation" flag next to them.

Re the G25 and DFP speeds business - I'm not sure if LFS takes the inputs at full speed as the physics work at 100Hz (IIRC).

Mouse simply cannot be an advantage, sorry. Totally imprecise. Throttle and brake buttons cannot really be an advantage as it's digital - ever tried driving the FO8 with a digital throttle? Smoke followed by Labour Party level spin.
If you ask me, I would prohibit the use of this script. I wouln't let them upload their hotlaps... Hotlapping is a challenge, and it can't be called challenge when more and more hotlappers begin to use cheat. That's it, it's not fun anymore.
Quote from Worm :IMO, this script is a real shit(and cheat)... and there is no reason to use it.
When pecholobo beat my wr on fe2/FXO ( i did 1.16.97) with this script i was so desapointed because my lap was good ( ok except maybe the last sector ). Now, the best way is to beat these people who use this script. Just maybe to open the mind of these guys...

Just take a look:
http://www.lfsworld.net/rafa/? ... f2=csimpok_FE2_FXO_117150
You lose almost all of the time on the chicane of last sector, where there is no gear change.
I don't care about this kind of cheat/exploits or what ever it is, but some of you should show a little more respect to drivers who are, at least, as fast as you are.
There are filters when showing hotlaps, may be a filter for manual clutch will calm down some of your egos

Just one though: What happens with real life drivers who change gear without clutch, just doing it at propper revolutions? are they cheating?
Quote from anibarro :
I don't care about this kind of cheat/exploits or what ever it is, but some of you should show a little more respect to drivers who are, at least, as fast as you are.

Maybe, by using this script ( cheat ). Respect them?! No way.
Quote from anibarro :Just one though: What happens with real life drivers who change gear without clutch, just doing it at propper revolutions? are they cheating?

I don't think it's comparable
Quote from anibarro :Just take a look:
You lose almost all of the time on the chicane of last sector, where there is no gear change.

Just one though: What happens with real life drivers who change gear without clutch, just doing it at propper revolutions? are they cheating?

This is an ability that your gearbox gives to you and it depends on the driver’s skill to do if we are talking about a normal H pattern one.
ffs scripting takes no driver’s skill…

As for the example you give...

If he is slower than "you" only at the last sector, that means that "you" are slower than him on the rest of the track because "you" spend "your" fast shift advantage and still be as fast as him.

use some common sense plz
Quote from duke_toaster :I largely agree with that - however any avoidable and unreasonable unfair or unrealistic advantage (like clutch scripts_ should be knobbled at an appropriate oppertunity.

If Scawen doesn't want the script system to be used like this, then it shouldn't be possible to do - but other than that, if it is possible, then I wouldn't say it's unfair nor would I see it as advantage, since all LFSers would be able to do it. Realistic or not.

Quote from kaynd :
ffs scripting takes no driver’s skill…

And that matters because...? Most ppl currently change gears with auto clutch and a click on a button/paddle/shifter. Where's the skill, or even effort in that?
Quote from r4ptor :If Scawen doesn't want the script system to be used like this, then it shouldn't be possible to do - but other than that, if it is possible, then I wouldn't say it's unfair nor would I see it as advantage, since all LFSers would be able to do it. Realistic or not.

Apparently it is done using the Logitech Profiler, I thought it would be the scripting system as well.

I suppose it would also be pretty simple to make an ignition cut sequential for all cars.
Turn off engine > button clutch press > change > button clutch unpress > turn on engine.
#67 - Worm
Quote from anibarro :Just take a look:

What is the point with my post?
And if you read my post correctlyi didnt say that about the last sector
You know, i was just giving my opinion, if you want i can jsut use this script and you will see the difference. And maybe you will undesrtand.

ANd we are just talking. Everybody knows that you are good driver and pecholobo too, that s why we dont understand why you use this script.
Quote from Worm :You know, i was just giving my opinion, if you want i can jsut use this script and you will see the difference. And maybe you will undesrtand.

Why don't you? I mean it would be good just to see how much of a difference we are actually arguing over here because I haven't seen any real hard evidence so far.

We need a comparison between squential shifting with auto clutch and shifting with a script. The earlier comparison in this thread compared auto gears with sequential shifting so doesn't answer the question at hand
#69 - Worm
ok, i will do it with the RB4 on aston antional.
Maybe not today but during the week.
Since it makes win time in on-line and hotlap mod with a no-official addon, it IS a cheat
I think that Scawen saw this topic and will do an anti-cheat for this
Quote from Worm :ANd we are just talking. Everybody knows that you are good driver and pecholobo too, that s why we dont understand why you use this script.

I've never used that "script", I'm not a good driver, just and average one, but I use to race against arrechee and zanini, who does, and can't see the point to call them cheaters. Is not something like "wallhack" on counterstrike, is something that is on the game and would like someone to explain me why exits such an option (button clutch) in LFS. What is button clutch supposed to be for then?
Quote from Worm :ok, i will do it with the RB4 on aston antional.
Maybe not today but during the week.

I look forward to you reporting back don't foget once you have set your best time with the script to then do a few laps without it to ensure that the difference is the script and not improvement in your driving

I personally believe that people are putting more emphasis on this script thing than is warranted, but I could be very wrong so would be keen to see.

With setup tweaks on the other hand I believe an improvement of 0.2 sec a lap is easily achievable with the right tweak (admitedly finding the right thing too tweak on a setup isn't easy though )

Quote from Sir moi 407 :Since it makes win time in on-line and hotlap mod with a no-official addon, it IS a cheat
I think that Scawen saw this topic and will do an anti-cheat for this

One could use that same logic to say it's not a cheat... Creating a script is a normal function in many wheel profiler software packages, so there for using a script can't be a cheat. Just being devil's advocate here
Quote from aIM BLR :Remark. G25 have 500 Hz USB. DFP 125 Hz. Users G25 is cheaters, they play LFS in 4 time frequently.

Oh ffs, stop talking yourself out if this.
Anybody answer me, why time autoclatch 230-250 ms, but no 150 ms?
I on my risk say: time autoclutch 150 ms almoust close problem scripts (cheaters).
Didn't even know this sort of thing existed . . . .Although I'm not surprised.

Kinda makes me look at the false aliens (apart from real aliens, who do exist. I have some faith left) in a kind of sympathetic light. I can see why some people would use it, like I can see why ferrari give huge amounts of money to Bernie's special yacht fund in the Bahama's. Not technically illegal in so many ways, but certainly not really in the spirit of things.

Maybe I shall have to add a new insult to my hot keys . . . 'Scripter!!' then maybe if we as a community ostracize these people then we can make the use of scripts so 'uncool' it fixes itself as a problem.

Is this a cheat?
(625 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG