The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Boris Lozac :I hope so, that means we could send all cruisers over to iRacing.. :shhh:

Or we could send all idiots to Serbia. Oh wait, you are already there :shhh:
No need to get offensive, his comment was just a light-hearted poke at cruising community.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Or we could send all idiots to Serbia. Oh wait, you are already there :shhh:

It was a joke, what's with the response? your mouse died or something, no cops on the cruise servers... what..
Just came from a race with Lucian Cimpean - that guy is seriously too fast around LS. After lap 1 he dipped into 1.49's once, and from then on he only drove low 1.48's, with the fastest lap a 1.48.092. I couldn't drive that fast even if there were a hundred horny supermodels waiting for me at the finish-line...

2nd place, but I claim victory over the other Earthlings, and he can take the trophy home to Zeta Reticuli or wherever his mothership docks
A few questions -while waiting for an invitation-

(would be welcomed if anyone send to me one)

When using cockpit view,are there any adjustments that could be altered?From the screenshots i noticed that i might need to push the screen a bit forward.

And for G25 users how do you have your wheel in the profiler and in game setuped?

About extra cars and tracks:could i buy Skippy even though im rookie and practise with it?
Quote from sosna :When using cockpit view,are there any adjustments that could be altered?From the screenshots i noticed that i might need to push the screen a bit forward.

Currently only fov is adjustable in the game. It would be nice if you could adjust the seating position forwards and backwards without altering fov and so have some people suggested. Whether it will come is currently unsure, but I would hope so.

Quote from sosna :About extra cars and tracks:could i buy Skippy even though im rookie and practise with it?

You can drive whatever you own offline in testing sessions, afaik. But all online events are offlimits, I think.
Quote from sosna :And for G25 users how do you have your wheel in the profiler and in game setuped?

~60% overall force
0% spring
0% damping
0% centering spring

900 degrees and let game adjust the car specific settings accordingly so that it's automatically 1:1 rotation ingame.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Or we could send all idiots to Serbia. Oh wait, you are already there :shhh:

that's not really needed here¬!
Quote from Jertje :Just came from a race with Lucian Cimpean - that guy is seriously too fast around LS. After lap 1 he dipped into 1.49's once, and from then on he only drove low 1.48's, with the fastest lap a 1.48.092. I couldn't drive that fast even if there were a hundred horny supermodels waiting for me at the finish-line...

2nd place, but I claim victory over the other Earthlings, and he can take the trophy home to Zeta Reticuli or wherever his mothership docks

Damn was that in the rookie solstice? I finally broke into the 1:48's last night with a 1:48.81 and I see where I can gain time, but almost a full second... I'm not so sure
Quote from Crommi :No need to get offensive, his comment was just a light-hearted poke at cruising community.

Yeah, I'm laughing my ass off here. While we are at it let's make fun of all the other people that we cannot understand too. Let's send all the gays to play iRacing!? Seriously, I've had enough of the cruisers/drifters bashing. And if you want, you can continue, but I warn you it will be met with hostility. P.S. I don't cruise and drift - this is for everyone who can't think further than they can throw.
Quote from Linsen :You can drive whatever you own offline in testing sessions, afaik. But all online events are offlimits, I think.

Yes. Any car or track that you purchase can be used in offline test sessions at any time. To do online practice sessions with other racers though, you need to be eligible for the series the car competes in.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Yeah, I'm laughing my ass off here. While we are at it let's make fun of all the other people that we cannot understand too. Let's send all the gays to play iRacing!? Seriously, I've had enough of the cruisers/drifters bashing. And if you want, you can continue, but I warn you it will be met with hostility. P.S. I don't cruise and drift - this is for everyone who can't think further than they can throw.

Wow, Road Rage.
Let's stick to iRacing. I am very close to 3,0 safety rating and nowhere near the times you guys are driving... Still looking forward to the Skippy
Thanks Linsen and Crommi,all clear now.

I hope an invitation will come soon!
Quote from jasonmatthews :I read somewhere that because of the netcode on iracing the gears and braking points are completely wrong. Also the replay uses a different gear ratio or something like that which means that the replays atm are useless to learn from except for the lines. Can't find the post now....

Yes, this is true for "remote" driver replays that you watch in-game. However, "local" replays (replays of one's own car) are accurate, and videos posted by the drivers themselves therefore have the correct gears, braking points etc.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Let's stick to iRacing. I am very close to 3,0 safety rating and nowhere near the times you guys are driving... Still looking forward to the Skippy

I couldn't resist and bought the skippy last weekend (after chaining myself to iRacing for a whole year :schwitz, but didn't have much time to give it a proper try. I did take a few laps around LRP, though, and found it a blast to drive! It's very, very adjustable on the throttle, displaying a huge amount of lift-off oversteer if you're not careful. But it's predictable on the limit and relatively easy to catch.

I'm sure it'll be even more fun once I'm actually driving it fast.
Quote from Technique :Damn was that in the rookie solstice? I finally broke into the 1:48's last night with a 1:48.81 and I see where I can gain time, but almost a full second... I'm not so sure

Yes, that guy is no joke, and neither are his last 8 race results :P
More or less all of them were won by at least 10-15 seconds.
Actually, yesterday the guy did 6 races and won all of them, so on top of being ungodly fast, he doesn't need to sleep. Maybe it's the Stig?

Also, yesterday I 'patiently' tried to learn a new car and a new track at the same time:

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... d=113903&custid=18145

I'm quite happy that practice incidents don't count :>
VIR in combination with the Skippy can serious go die somewhere in a gutter, it's as if every single tiny dust-speck on the track will cause the car to go ass-first into a cow somewhere, and the slides seem to be absolutely uncontrollable. Right now I'd feel more comfortable driving a 1000bhp car with no bodywork around the Nurburgring...while blindfolded with my closest friends and relatives on the backseat.

What steering locks are you guys running? I have a DFP with 540 lock, which works great for the solstice, but it seems so sensitive for the Skippy - is that just the car?

Edit: Alright, I set the lock to 900 and the car is much, much, much easier to drive. I drove a 3.09 on my first incident-free lap. There are still some turns though, especially the last or second to last corner, where the slightest lock on the wheel will cause the entire world come crashing down, but it can be managed.

I didn't like how I had to struggle to get a 1.50 on LS with the Solstice though, but a couple of laps later I had a mid 1.49 with a fairly rough lap, so I guess the 900 degrees do help a bit in the fast turns.
Quote from Jertje :VIR in combination with the Skippy can serious go die somewhere in a gutter, it's as if every single tiny dust-speck on the track will cause the car to go ass-first into a cow somewhere, and the slides seem to be absolutely uncontrollable. Right now I'd feel more comfortable driving a 1000bhp car with no bodywork around the Nurburgring...while blindfolded with my closest friends and relatives on the backseat.

What steering locks are you guys running? I have a DFP with 540 lock, which works great for the solstice, but it seems so sensitive for the Skippy - is that just the car?

I use 900 degrees and the game then changes it to suit each car. The same as setting it to 720 in profiler and 720 in LFS with wheel turn comp to 1.
Anyone know what the state of play is with regards to when they'll be handing out the next wave of invites ? I've been signed up with them for an age and a half now and not received one chuffin email from them. Seems like pretty poor customer support if you ask me, and it's starting to p*ss me off to be honest !
I would pm George Kuyumji, I did and got one in a few days
Quote from jasonmatthews :I would pm George Kuyumji, I did and got one in a few days

Ahh, i see, one of them "it's not what you know, but who you know" things.

Cheers, might just do that
This is pure speculation, but I'd expect the next wave of invites to go out at the beginning of next season or so. So, that would be like two or three weeks from now.
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Omg I forgot to ask my dad to buy it with credit card again I'll have to wait till we come back from our little trip I guess.

Can't wait! lol
Well, I'm committed for a year guys
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG