The online racing simulator
Demo Servers Showing.
(18 posts, started )
#1 - Kaw
Demo Servers Showing.
ello.

Im quite annoyed with the displaying of 1 million xfg @ bl1 servers.
Is there a way to turn of the showing of DEMO servers at the find servers part in multiplayer. Oh please say yes!

Thanks.
#2 - Dmt
turn off xfg and fbm in the server list? :P
Indeed, so ****** annoying

And turning off XFG/XRG/FBM in the server list isn't a good solution<>
#4 - bbman
Scawen changed the way the servers are displayed in the host list for the sole reason to bring everyone together... So I don't think it'll change, he doesn't undo things very often...
Quote from bbman :Scawen changed the way the servers are displayed in the host list for the sole reason to bring everyone together... So I don't think it'll change, he doesn't undo things very often...

Yeah, I don't know why. If you want to drive on a demo host, just go to the demo section. Now u can't even see the normal s2 servers, because everyting is spammed with the demo hosts
So very true. We need another filter button called demo down there.
#7 - Kaw
Quote from kamo2000 :So very true. We need another filter button called demo down there.

And drift, Conedodgers and CTRA also. Nah j/k. But a Demo one would be pleasent
I don't really mind the demo servers. Sure there is pleanty of crashing and complaints, but I have yet to see one wrecker. Also I love FBM at Blackwood.

We really need a drift server button though.
Tutorial: How to filter for S2 racing servers.

Step 1: Filter for # connections.

Step 2: Join Conedodgers in the first listed server or join CTRA in the 2nd listed server. All other servers below that will be drift or demo servers with the exception of [FM]Oval, but who wants that server anyways....

(Just kidding, [FM]. Only said that as a joke because of the unnecessary bashing you guys take here on the forum.)
Drift button is like welcoming them, but we dont want that... do we?
The Demo servers on the list annoy me so much. There's so bloody many of the cheapskates ruining our lovely list! All I see now is a few S2 servers dotted around a huge list of 13/13 BLGP servers.

This also means we can't run ourselves a small BL1 XFG race without demo's being able to join.

I think the old demo/s1/s2 ticky box should be brought back. Much easier for everyone.
Quote from mcintyrej :This also means we can't run ourselves a small BL1 XFG race without demo's being able to join.

I thought adding a layout, even just one cone, would make it so they couldn't ?
don't think it should go back to how it was but a demo filter button would be a welcome addition, tis pretty annoying seeing all the demo hosts and not being able to find the server you're looking for
I don't have a problem with seeing the demo servers, but I can see that I filter button would be a good idea for those that don't want to see them.
It's not that I don't want to see them, more that the server list takes so bloody long to refresh nowadays with them included.

I miss BFS
Quote from mrodgers :Join Conedodgers in the first listed server or join CTRA in the 2nd listed server. All other servers below that will be drift or demo servers with the exception of [FM]Oval, but who wants that server anyways....

(Just kidding, [FM]. Only said that as a joke because of the unnecessary bashing you guys take here on the forum.)

Uncool! What about the rest of the dedicated racing fans who you also slapped in the face with that statement? You're obviously not looking close enough - I have no problems finding populated league- and pickup racing servers.
Quote from mcintyrej :The Demo servers on the list annoy me so much. There's so bloody many of the cheapskates ruining our lovely list! All I see now is a few S2 servers dotted around a huge list of 13/13 BLGP servers.

To be fair over the last few days I've had some ace racing on a BLGP server with XFG's. Probably THE most fun I've had than on any S2 race server. Racing is tightly packed with lots of fantastic fighting for places, not much contact, and havent seen a single wrecker.

There was a server with the XFG, XRG and FBM enabled and there were only XFG's and XRG's being used, in the interest of fairness. Many a time have I seen S2 servers with all cars enabled, the ones interested in fun racing go for the UFR's and XFR's, then you get the typical ones going straight for the BF1 to boast about the size of thier e-penis.

To be honest I think S2 licensed racers are very quick to jump on the "bloody demo racers" bandwagon, but how many of you have ACTUALLY raced with them?

Nick
Quote from felplacerad :Uncool! What about the rest of the dedicated racing fans who you also slapped in the face with that statement? You're obviously not looking close enough - I have no problems finding populated league- and pickup racing servers.

Why is that a slap in the face? I typed sarcastically the truth. Here's a list I typed in another thread last night as I had the server list up.....

Current servers
21 at AS3/GTR
Demo
12 at AS3/GTR
Demo
Drift

9 at Oval
Demo
Demo
Demo

7 at CTRA SO1
Drift
Drift
Demo
Drift
Demo
Demo
Drift
Demo
Demo

Surprisingly, Conedodgers had no one on last night. But then, 2 other servers took up the slack and had AS3/GTR. Though, those 2 are I believe Argentina or Brazil servers which are high ping for us up north and upon checking on the server out of interest, most of the racers only had 500ish laps at AS3. Not your typical AS3/GTR runners.

So, last night for US/Canada, we had our choice of..... CTRA only as all other servers had only 3 or 2 racers, which isn't a race in my opinion. ADDED: Sorry, there was the oval, but majority opinions here also lump oval into the AS3/GTR problem too. You either love oval or hate oval and there is only one option in all of LFS if you are an oval fan. That's a different topic than the circuit racing that majority are looking for.

Quote from dontpannic :To be fair over the last few days I've had some ace racing on a BLGP server with XFG's. Probably THE most fun I've had than on any S2 race server. Racing is tightly packed with lots of fantastic fighting for places, not much contact, and havent seen a single wrecker.

My years of LFS has been like this: 6 months of S2 servers - 6 months of demo servers - 6 months S2 - 6 months demo - repeat.....

It's true, in all my 3+ years of LFS, the best racing aside from league racing, has been on the demo servers.

Quote from mcintyrej :This also means we can't run ourselves a small BL1 XFG race without demo's being able to join.

You would have to set the server for only 12 connections (or whatever demo is) for them to be able to join. Leave the connections at S2 levels and demo users won't be able to join, unless I am mistaken.

Another note on demo servers, now with the registration requirement, the wreckers/cheaters are near non-existant. A few still run through the side of the chicane barricades to cheat. But if banned, they will stick with the registered names.

Demo Servers Showing.
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG