The online racing simulator
Repeat crasher in LFS servers? what can I do?
some kid came into a server a little while ago and was wreaking havoc on everyone.. I have a replay saved

What do I do with this replay? I remember reading somewhere when signing up for S2 that you can have your licence removed if you are reported enough for being a problem in servers....

And should I upload the MPR here?

Thanks,
Sam
#2 - G!NhO
Just search the kid, and ram him back as hard as you can
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
#3 - zsmy
voting not ever helps , and if he have few frends at server too, u got urself baned .
you can upload mpr here ? (Valid file extensions: bmp col dds doc eng gif jpe jpeg jpg lyt mp3 mpr odt pdf png psd raf rar set spr txt zip)

the working of wracker baricade i not know , and i havnt a link ...

finaly only admins can ban chrashers for long time .
sometimes i gave tham restrictions by lapper (100kg+50%, by autokick) , it works fine . but needs time to edit .
Quote from G!NhO :Just search the kid, and ram him back as hard as you can

And how does this help me? I paid money to RACE on LFS servers... Not play kentucky derby or something

Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Just vote to ban him from server. If enough people votes for it, he will be banned from server. If he is banned from enough servers (dunno the number), his "license" will be temporarily revoked automatically (for a month?)
From patch Z that should also work on demo players I think ? Well he can always register for new username, but he might get fed up with it...

Unfortuneatly the graceful server admin decided to disable vote ban and kick so that was not an option

Quote from zsmy :voting not ever helps , and if he have few frends at server too, u got urself baned .
you can upload mpr here ? (Valid file extensions: bmp col dds doc eng gif jpe jpeg jpg lyt mp3 mpr odt pdf png psd raf rar set spr txt zip)

the working of wracker baricade i not know , and i havnt a link ...

finaly only admins can ban chrashers for long time .
sometimes i gave tham restrictions by lapper (100kg+50%, by autokick) , it works fine . but needs time to edit .

In my opinion, voting does help, its just abused sometimes

And the MPR is 3MB in size, when I zip it, it only goes down to 2.09MB.... limit is 1.95MB which is lame.

How else can I get the file since this website does not accept RAR files
Upload it on a fileupload site, and send us the link.

For example: www.2shared.com,

Simple, but effective .
I hope you haven't uploaded it anywhere yet since the thread will get locked/deleted when you post the replay here. Naming and shaming isn't allowed on this forum.

Your only opportunity is to contact the owner of the server and send him the replay.

AFAIK, there is a new wrecker barricade planned/worked on but it's not finished yet.

Oh, and just ignore G!NhO.
Quote from zeugnimod :I hope you haven't uploaded it anywhere yet since the thread will get locked/deleted when you post the replay here. Naming and shaming isn't allowed on this forum.

Your only opportunity is to contact the owner of the server and send him the replay.

AFAIK, there is a new wrecker barricade planned/worked on but it's not finished yet.

Oh, and just ignore G!NhO.

Can anyone confirm this?
#9 - Dac
just avoid him. if hes a regular then chances are people will already be aware of his antics.

edit: its also a good excuse when your not on form :P
Quote from hsshoura :Unfortuneatly the graceful server admin decided to disable vote ban and kick so that was not an option

In my opinion, voting does help, its just abused sometimes

while i didn't quite read the thread, i wanted to put in my 2c...

if LFS had separate voting mechanisms where the admins could disable "vote for restart" etc, without disabling "vote to kick/ban", i myself would have left voting enabled. i had a server running on my network and i had someone come in and shift-Q me after i had posted a nice qualify time. let's just say i wasn't too impressed as i whipped around the track and posted another qualify time.

shameless crosspost: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=863761
#11 - th84
Quote from hsshoura :Not play kentucky derby or something

WOW!! Patch Z is awesome! I didnt even know we had horses now!
Quote from th84 :WOW!! Patch Z is awesome! I didnt even know we had horses now!

GTFO... useless post

Quote from bunder9999 :while i didn't quite read the thread, i wanted to put in my 2c...

if LFS had separate voting mechanisms where the admins could disable "vote for restart" etc, without disabling "vote to kick/ban", i myself would have left voting enabled. i had a server running on my network and i had someone come in and shift-Q me after i had posted a nice qualify time. let's just say i wasn't too impressed as i whipped around the track and posted another qualify time.

shameless crosspost: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=863761

Im not sure I undestand... so if you disable any vote feature, all are disabled?
that was my impression, but again, i could be wrong.

edit: if i am wrong, then rstmin needs to be adjusted. the maximum value is waaaay too low. 300 seconds seems way too low to disable restart votes, especially if you've got a 100 lap race.
quoting lfs\docs\commands.txt:

"/vote X :no / yes (allow guest voting)"

this effects kick & ban votes only. restart, quali & end votes (shift+r/q/x) are not en- or disabled by it, they are always on. the only thing you can do to make sure noone ruins your qualification before it´s over: make the server private. afaik putting a possibility to disable race-related votes into the game has been suggested.

edit: i doubt you´ll do a 100 lap race with just one or two people on a public server. just in case you decide to do something like that on a non-private host with .. lets say 8 ppl, you could still vote-kick people who vote for restart. like if one tries to restart, it only takes 4 to kick him
Quote from hsshoura :GTFO... useless post

Yeah, th, stop spamming useless posts. Who do you think you are? :arge:
Quote from hsshoura :Can anyone confirm this?

Yes. I can confirm that. Naming and shaming is not allowed on the forum.

I know! :O Specially the new Pony is awesome aswell!

Demolition Derby rather than Kentucky methinks
Quote :the only thing you can do to make sure noone ruins your qualification before it´s over: make the server private

Not strictly speaking true, it is possible to cancel votes via insim but there is no application created for this purpose at this time. The problem then is detecting sensible conditions under which a restart vote should be allowed. I experimented with this back in the STCC days but the system was unsucessful and ultimately scrapped as a nuisance.

Quote : And how does this help me? I paid money to RACE on LFS servers... Not play kentucky derby or something

The best advise I can give you is to race on another server. Server admins are all keen to get rid of crashers but if the server doesnt have a live admin or a published means of reporting foul play (ie: CTRA) then move on. The big server operators all have either live admins or replay reporting, that's why they're popular.
Quote from Becky Rose :Not strictly speaking true, it is possible to cancel votes via insim but there is no application created for this purpose at this time. The problem then is detecting sensible conditions under which a restart vote should be allowed. I experimented with this back in the STCC days but the system was unsucessful and ultimately scrapped as a nuisance.

The best advise I can give you is to race on another server. Server admins are all keen to get rid of crashers but if the server doesnt have a live admin or a published means of reporting foul play (ie: CTRA) then move on. The big server operators all have either live admins or replay reporting, that's why they're popular.

Good advice..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG