The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
ooh a nice pleasent surprise when i got home from night shift, and i'm off work for the next 2 days
Errr...

C'mon guys. These posts are no longer informative for the LFS community. They belong on the iRacing forums.
Quote from OldBloke :Errr...

C'mon guys. These posts are no longer informative for the LFS community.

As opposed to 2000 posts on if the pricing of iRacing is fair or not. That was very informative, wasn't it!?

C'mon guys. These posts are no longer informative for the LFS community. They belong on the iRacing forums.

this is general racing talk...go away its our thread

also, the iracing forums are very...basic, and ugly
Quote from StableX :thanks very much for that. I see going in to the right hander and up over the hill you stay in 3rd and stay there for the next corner. I've been going to 4th then 3rd for both of those. Also the first right hander on the lap you are a lot faster around there than I am.........

thanks again

I did try experimenting a bit with 4th gear, and I know that some of the really fast guys switch to 4th, and then back into 3rd when they're going uphill, but I personally haven't had good times with that strategy, although honestly I have not experimented with it a lot (meaning, enough to make a fair opinion ;p). As far as I can see myself, I probably lost about 2-3 tenths of a second in the last two corners, and as I don't know the losses or gains in the uphill corner I'm more keen on improving that sector

As for the first corner, I genuinely don't know if the turn-in just looks fast, or if I go into it that fast every time. It looks a bit scary on the video either way.
Probably due to that speed it's a hard turn to judge, especially the entry point, and nearly all of my bad race results on Lime Rock are due to going wide in T1, hitting the grass with my rear tire and sliding merrily across the grass, waving gently at the pack going past until the barrier stops me. I think a lot of the speed comes from the point where you release the brakes though, and how you trailbrake ever so lightly into the corner when you 'aim' the car into it.

Anyway, let me know if that helps, I'm very bad at explaining such things
Quote from spanks :this is general racing talk...go away its our thread

also, the iracing forums are very...basic, and ugly

Seriously. If you want to build the iRacing community then it's best done there, not here.
I don't see a problem in having an "iRacing from LFS's perspective" on here, which is essentially what this thread is... We have nkP and rF threads as well, so what's the problem with this one?

Anyone needing an invite PM me with his email addy I've got 1 spare and none of my teammates want it...

Edit: Invite gone
If anyone has an invite they don't plan on using, please let me know (Unlikely, but worth a try!)
I can shave again! Hurraaaaah

I kinda agree with this part, but at the same time....

Quote from OldBloke :Seriously. If you want to build the iRacing community then it's best done there, not here.

...if you have a problem with the posts here, you could always not check the thread I didn't read it once until I got my hands on iRacing and was able to contribute with something based on my experiences, so the 2000 speculative posts made before iRacing was released didn't bother me whatsoever.

And I think it's a useful thread for those interested in learning about iRacing from the perspective of long time LFS players. Although we are giving iRacing a go, we are interested in making the comparison to LFS with friends we've made over the years here. That is better done in the LFS forum than the iRacing forum.

It's a shame when there is such a high percentage of absolute BS on this forum that a perfectly constructive thread like this is a problem for someone.
i agree - i find this thread very helpful in deciding about iracing. just waiting for an invite now...
Yeah, I can only see this thread as being helpful for people making informed decisions.
Sure the thread has gone off it's original topic. But you have to give props to the LFS community for keeping all the related iRacing topics to this one thread. Be happy there isn't ten different threads about it.

Of all the places I can read about iRacing I find that I enjoy this one the most. iracing forums seem to be riddled with "WTF you hit me!" threads and RSC is about "Anyone got an invite?" Even if I haven't posted much here I find it refreshing to read the LFS communities thoughts on iRacing.
Quote from Gil07 :I don't see a problem in having an "iRacing from LFS's perspective" on here, which is essentially what this thread is... We have nkP and rF threads as well, so what's the problem with this one?

Anyone needing an invite PM me with his email addy I've got 1 spare and none of my teammates want it...

Edit: Invite gone

Noooooooooooooooooo why do people only post about spare invites when I'm sleeping :'(
lol
-
(Gil07) DELETED by Gil07 : .
Quote from Jertje :Oh my... I nearly had a heart-attack when this happened to me last race :>

http://blip.tv/file/1070856

Why do people keep uploading to these wierd sites why not Youtube, can't find the damn plugin for this blip.tv
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why do people keep uploading to these wierd sites why not Youtube, can't find the damn plugin for this blip.tv

Windows Media Player? :P

It's been flashified now anyway, works same way as Yout00b.
! I got a promo code. Dunno if I should say from who but thanks so much!

I should be getting it after the maintenance thing. Looking forward to this
Quote from evilpimp :! I got a promo code. Dunno if I should say from who but thanks so much!

Yes, Another Canadian. Looking forward to racing with you. Make sure you come say hello in international. Mention your LFS name so we know who you are in there.
lol, I just, erm, "picked up" my first win.

Attached images
first_win.gif
The hell happened in T1? :P
Oh, you know, cars spinning left and right. Luckily I was able to drive cleanly through all that and pass a couple of guys, which were actually not spinning, along the way. But as you can see, it didn't stop there. I was out of the thick of it by then, though, and claimed an easy victory. Zero incidents, too.

Strange thing is, the field was not rated that bad. Still rated below 1.600, but I've raced with packs below 1.500 and that was cleaner. Just one of those races, I suppose.
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Quote from Linsen :Strange thing is, the field was not rated that bad. Still rated below 1.600, but I've raced with packs below 1.500 and that was cleaner. Just one of those races, I suppose.

Just wait until you get into Skip Barbers, I'm just being destroyed there with +2000 rating grids.
Quote from evilpimp :! I got a promo code. Dunno if I should say from who but thanks so much!

awesome. you've been massively patient
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG