The online racing simulator
made new fern bay track(cobblestone)
got bored and make a new track. im pretty sure it's cobble stone but not sure. the only thing missing is the mixture between road and track but i use mspaint so i can't mixed and fade stuff so that's up to whomever wants to try.here's the new road:

few more fixes to come... but looks good so far
http://rapidshare.com/files/127641258/MYfernbay.zip.html
Attached images
new fernbay.jpg
new fernbay2.jpg
Invisible textures FTW!
Screenies or it didn`t happen.
it's my first track i need some feedback. please criticize in all honesty
Quote from jonny dank :it's my first track i need some feedback. please criticize in all honesty

looks liek westhill now lol.
the other texture obviously isn't working so how bout this
Attached images
myfern bay.jpg
It`s inventive, and due to a certain fluorescent dragstrip, it isn`t the worst track retexture ever, but try and think more realistically. Cobblestones on a racing surface???

What`s the overall plan you`re working on? Cruise or race textures?
i wasn't really approaching it as a race or cruise track, i was just looking for a higher res texture that made lfs look a little bit better, made a bunch of roads, and imo the cobblestones look the best. There is still way more work to be done, i was just wondering what people thought because there's no use making one that isn't going to be used. Out of a million things on this forum that supposedly cause "unrealism" this one actually does, so if your looking for a realistic track then it's not here, but i intend to make all the tracks look better and fernbay is probably the only one that's going to be unrealistic but who knows. right know im working on lines, fading, and making it look better from a distance(spectator view). If anyone would like to help I'll post the pics for editing because im having trouble making it look more flush and my lines....:banghead:
Attached images
mycobblestone.jpg
Might sound too simple, but FB just really needs a very light dusting of sand, some minor cracks in the road surface and a patchy, slightly neglected look. Cobblestones are a little silly

10/10 for the idea tho. I`d never have even considered it. If the game was more suited to having random roads, and areas to drive around in, it might possibly have worked quite well.

As for the spectator thing. If the textures are well made in the first place and at a high enough resolution, the distance you view them from won`t matter. A good texture is a good texture.

One thing tho, take the extra step and download paint.net or the gimp. Having layers available makes everything a lot easier. Learning to use the extra tools they have also vastly improves the final quality.

Good luck.
i have paint.net and photoshop demo, call me crazy(you will) but i just prefer mspaint! It's always more work, more time, but i really like using it. shading, shadowing, auto cutting backgrounds, stuff like that would be greatly useful but for some reason I'm stuck on mspaint. anyway i have a nice cobblestone road and a good tarmac version which looks really good when driving fast and when it's got some fresh rubber on it!.There are quite less blurry too! I'm sure they aren't the best but i really like them and i used really good high res textures so i think there is a future for these. enjoy and as always feel free to edit!
edit:new curbs to match tarmac!

http://rapidshare.com/files/127726970/FernBayroads.zip.html

another lighter tarmac, looks pretty good:http://rapidshare.com/files/127932330/asphalt2.zip.html
Attached images
new tarmac.jpg
new cobblestone.jpg
lighter tarmac.jpg
Attached files
JA_Curb2.dds - 1.3 MB - 200 views
JA_Curb.dds - 1.3 MB - 276 views
just doesn't work...
from these pics i am starting to realize how great the lfs is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG