The online racing simulator
Freakin' Women drivers!!
(62 posts, started )
Freakin' Women drivers!!
Am I right or am I right?illepall

This is an IRL at Watkins Glen topic
This race is making me feel a lot better about the IGTC's safety car shenanigans, let me tell you what.

p.s., you're not right.
So what happened?

Danica Patrick wrecked half the field under safety car?
Nah, she got on the gas a bit too hard leaving her pit box and did a half spin into the pit wall (& nearly hit some of the Ganassi guys).

Scott Dixon (championship leader), however, did spin by himself under the SC and take out Ryan Briscoe.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Nah, she got on the gas a bit too hard leaving her pit box and did a half spin into the pit wall (& nearly hit some of the Ganassi guys).

Boooo, after reading the thread title and the first post, I expected something more epic.
Shortly after Danica's booboo, Milka Duno had a nice brainfart under a safety car period.
This thread demands some video coverage of what happened
Quote from PAracer :Shortly after Danica's booboo, Milka Duno had a nice brainfart under a safety car period.

Though I think it's an embarrassment that she's out there in general, that looked more like a simple case of the guys in front of her accordioning, her trying to avoid, and someone already being there. Hard to assign blame.

That race was a mess all around.
LOL, danica should not be allowed to drive after that... she could seriously have injured quite a few guys. She's made higher then average opsies compared to other drivers (maybe the exception is IDE ).
It's amateurish driving like that which makes Indy racing less interesting than F1 for me.

Hopefully as a result of the merge, the series will grow and develop and attract more talent.
Lots of habitual road racers in that bunch, too.
Quote from Lateralus :It's amateurish driving like that which makes Indy racing less interesting than F1 for me.

Hopefully as a result of the merge, the series will grow and develop and attract more talent.

They shoulda merged the other way for it to become more interesting...

The Mindy FHonda is a crapwagon that should never have been built. The technology on open wheelers has outgrown ovals for a decade, and the result is that Mindy only delivers 'point and stab' drivers, preferably ones that have good marketing value, like Danican't and Milka Dunno.

The DP01 was built for road and street courses, with an optional oval package with neutral wings, no ground effect, and the ability to stay on the ground going backwards at 180 mph.

But hey, the idiot grandson (FTG) would never allow anything related to ChampCar to exist beyond 2008. So, we wait for the first Mindycar that goes flying off into the grandstands.

Who knows, I'll try to have a chat with Kat this weekend at Zandvoort to see if she's planning on heading there (I'll advise her not to). At least they'll have a woman who can drive in the damn series. Would be sweet if she, Bobby D, and PT could team up with a good crew and give them hell. Preferably under the guidance of Paul Stoddart.

Who knows, maybe in 2 years FTG's family funding gets cut off, and we can get back to organising real racing instead of a toy for the idiot grandson.
Nice!!!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Ummmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHIVKAmFat8

Bonehead move on his part, sure. No human is above error. But just a few weeks after that mistake he showed his genius in the wet in Silverstone. There isn't any genius in IRL right now, except for maybe one or two which have yet to show their real talent.

Quote from TagForce :They shoulda merged the other way for it to become more interesting...

I agree. I was disappointed to hear that the merge would happen in this manner.
She seems to be making this pitlane driving a habit, second pitlane incident in not-so-long: see first time.
It's an open-wheel fetish we can never hope to understand.
Quote from xaotik :It's an open-wheel fetish we can never hope to understand.

At least they didn't have the little antenna on the nose cone at that time.
Quote from PAracer :At least they didn't have the little antenna on the nose cone at that time.

Who knows - maybe in a Newton Vs Apple mythical sort of way that accident inspired the newer Ferrari nosecone-with-a-hole.
Quote from JamesF1 :She seems to be making this pitlane driving a habit, second pitlane incident in not-so-long: see first time.

Couple of races ago, she overshot her pitbox... Then she comes on the radio "Tell me what I need to do different next time!"

Well.. Woman.. How about you brake a little earlier and less hard.

Or in Kentucky in 2007, when she got new tires, left the pit, spun, got new tires again, left the pit, and spun again damn near hitting the safety truck... "I have no idea what happened!"... Well, cold tires, woman, you spun on cold tires because you should be taking it easy.

The woman can't drive.
nice rack though... I mean...yea, nice rack.

Freakin' Women drivers!!
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG