The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Crommi :Just noticed that qualify times for Adv. Solstice suck balls. They are scheduled 10 minutes after race start, so you have to skip race if you want to run 4 qualify laps. On the otherhand Adv. Legends qualify sessions are 10mins after the race so you can finish the race, grab a cup of coffee and go get some hotlaps done while waiting for road race session.

Hmmm, well qualifications are every hour, and races are every 2 hours, so you can always pop in for a qualification 50 minutes before a race starts, and be left with 20 minutes of break-time before the race
Quote from Jertje :Hmmm, well qualifications are every hour, and races are every 2 hours, so you can always pop in for a qualification 50 minutes before a race starts, and be left with 20 minutes of break-time before the race

Yeah, but I still have to skip either road or oval race to qualify for Solstice. :weeping:
I am NOT I repeat NOT an oval racer

I'm decently fast for the field I was in, 16.45 was my qualifying time I believe...but that just wasn't fun at all.

2 laps in, I'm on the inside going for third and 4th place comes down and runs into the side of me. (I watched the replay, I held the inside).

lap 3, first place spins right in front of me and I T-bone the ever living hell out of him.

lap 10 or whatever after resetting my car and going a lap down I get too far onto the apron and get sideways, rear ended and then plowed into...and thats probably the last time I'll ever race on the mini ovals lol.

I can't wait to see how many incident points I get...I was racking up those 4 pointers
I know, thats why I gave up on oval racing. I had 1 really really bad race, and I don't like it now.
Just stick to the Legends and you'll be fine. Run a qualify to get out of the midfield madness and you might make it through. Rookie version does get quite boring however, so I'd recommend unrestricted Advanced version.
I can't get into the Advanced Legends car either. Just don't enjoy oval one bit unfortunately. Usually I zone out around the middle of each race and then end up just counting down the laps until the end. But the Advanced legends is a fun car on the road courses at least.
heya I will appreciate if I can try out this game ^_^
Quote from Michael Denham :I can't get into the Advanced Legends car either. Just don't enjoy oval one bit unfortunately. Usually I zone out around the middle of each race and then end up just counting down the laps until the end. But the Advanced legends is a fun car on the road courses at least.

Indeed, that car is a blast to drive with a road setup! Are they going to do a road series with it? That would be sweet. You can REALLY steer the car with the throttle. Might even be more fun than the skippy, it's a dangerous bugger.
Don't suppose anyone has any spare invites?
Quote from creativesurgeon :Don't suppose anyone has any spare invites?

You can't join now anyway. I don't know when the next "wave" will be.
dawesdust_12
No longer welcome

=/ I'm just wondering, does iRacing feel a bit like nKpro? Because from the video's, the skip barber looks kind of like nKpro's Formula 1600 in terms of handling.
Quote from spanks :I am NOT I repeat NOT an oval racer

I'm decently fast for the field I was in, 16.45 was my qualifying time I believe...but that just wasn't fun at all.

2 laps in, I'm on the inside going for third and 4th place comes down and runs into the side of me. (I watched the replay, I held the inside).

lap 3, first place spins right in front of me and I T-bone the ever living hell out of him.

lap 10 or whatever after resetting my car and going a lap down I get too far onto the apron and get sideways, rear ended and then plowed into...and thats probably the last time I'll ever race on the mini ovals lol.

I can't wait to see how many incident points I get...I was racking up those 4 pointers

I'd go again if I were you! I got a few good laughs out of the story
Quote from F3ckB9LL :heya I will appreciate if I can try out this game ^_^

Quote from creativesurgeon :Don't suppose anyone has any spare invites?

Here we go again...

1. Go to iracing.com
2. Click "Membership"
3. Click "Register for updates"
4. Fill the form and submit
5. Have patience and wait.
Quote from evilpimp :dawesdust_12
No longer welcome

=/ I'm just wondering, does iRacing feel a bit like nKpro? Because from the video's, the skip barber looks kind of like nKpro's Formula 1600 in terms of handling.

I think so, the skip barber reminds one of netkarPro, the Legends car has a taste of LFS feeling
Quote from Crommi :Here we go again...

1. Go to iracing.com
2. Click "Membership"

5a. And wait, and wait, and wait a bit more. Then after 6months or so and you've had enough, and are just about to go get a Second Life account...wait just a tad bit more.

I just did some laps with the adv. legend on the Summit point raceway. Only way I can describe the experience is "properly scary". The track has lots of huge bumps and few very good corners, both fast and slow, the only thing really missing is the elevations. The corners themselves are not really that hard but it is the bumps really that elevate the combo on new level. It's damn scary with the legend because the little thing gets so easily sideways that it's almost tiring. I mean, I just did over 20 laps and I smiled so much that my face hurts
Quote from George Kuyumji :I think so, the skip barber reminds one of netkarPro, the Legends car has a taste of LFS feeling

mk thanks I have a feeling im gunna love this !
raaaaggeeee.

It seems that after the first race, no amount of speed or consistency can help me get another good result. This time around I started in 3rd, and the person in 1st "missed his start" - I clipped him while trying to get around him, got slowed down as a result, and at this point I naïvely thought I'd get away with a loss of position and a bit of manageable damage - wrong! someone behind me obviously missed what was going on and slammed into me at full speed, I spin out and instantly reset.

I then drive my hot-headed ass around the track and spin out before start-finish again (my own fault this time obviously, but like I cared at this point :razz - resetted again, drove my hot-headed ass out of the pits and crossed the yellow line - stop and go! I served it 2 laps later and from then on I drive balls to the walls with good consistency but it mattered nothing.

Sh*t happens... I guess?
Quote from Crommi :Here we go again...

1. Go to iracing.com
2. Click "Membership"

Here we go again. Another nice remark from the LFS community.

I only asked, given the previous enquiry, and previous messages asking if anyone wanted an invite. Excuse my not wishing to sift through seventy pages of reviews, complaints, remarks etc.

Thanks for clearing it up - though I already had the foresight to register for updates. I would have been lost otherwise, huh?
Quote from Hyperactive :I just did some laps with the adv. legend on the Summit point raceway. Only way I can describe the experience is "properly scary". The track has lots of huge bumps and few very good corners, both fast and slow, the only thing really missing is the elevations. The corners themselves are not really that hard but it is the bumps really that elevate the combo on new level. It's damn scary with the legend because the little thing gets so easily sideways that it's almost tiring. I mean, I just did over 20 laps and I smiled so much that my face hurts

Indeed, it's like the LX6 experience only at least twice as much fun and dangerous. You HAVE to steer with the rear to be fast so it's a constant balancing act alright.

As a side note, I've concluded that iRacing's long/lat force combining is superlatively implemented. The tire physics in this thing are 10/10.
No need to be sarcastic, unless someone has extra invite left (unlikely), that's the only way to go. If you check the unofficial iRacing forums on RSC you see invite request topics being made every day where people are begging for invites that no one has.

As soon as there's any info about new wave of invites, we'll let you know.
Hi Crommi,

Fine - and thank you. I didn't know this, and I appreciate you clearing it up.
Quote :Hi folks,

I'm seeing a few posts from people who seem 'hurt' they haven't had an invite yet, or confused as to why they haven't gotten one. I thought I'd post this and hopefully answer any queries you might have.

What is the invite process?

Firstly, the people who beta tested were asked to provide a maximum of 10 names and email addresses. We checked for duplicate emails and made sure each email address would get one invite, then mailed out the invites. Obviously (as we expected), some emails bounced and most people didn't provide 10 names, so we sent out a small number of the mailing list subscribers to bump that list a little.

Since that time, we have invited a few VIP's (real-racing drivers, etc), a few media persons and also have sent out two waves of emails that were selected at RANDOM from the mailing list. The mailing list is here: http://iracing.com/contact/register.php?lc=3 - If you are not subscribed yet, please do.

From now until the time when the doors open fully, waves of emails will be sent out depending on what the development team say. The numbers per wave and the time the wave happens may vary, but by the end of the Summer everyone on the mailing list should have gotten an invite.

It will not happen in any particular order (honestly, they are not in the order they were registered now anyway, as we moved from one piece of software to another for list storage). If you are registered, you have done all you can. If you are not chosen in the next wave, wait for the one after that.

The next wave will be coming this week.

Now, WHY are we doing this?

The worst case scenario for any paying customer is for the service to be unavailable outside of any planned maintenance. This process of release isn't anything new, some of you might remember that GMail was launched in a similar fashion (and infact still is named 'beta' officially). We are increasing the membership as quick as our process will allow, we will not rush at the expense of existing members.

Tim.
iRacing.com

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=323516
About oval racing...

I have done few oval races and the oval bug has bitten me again. I don't really like the oval races with the legends, it feels wrong to waste such a lively little beast on going circles but the late model on bigger tracks is a whole different thing. Although it looks like they are running the short ovals only... :/

How well does iracing do all the oval racing related stuff, mainly aerodynamics? Is the oval fun with the late models, or more fun than with the legends? I'm asking because I really liked doing some oval races on nascar2003 but never really got into it because it felt a bit wrong. But giving it "a second" shot with iracing is really tempting.

(how is the late model on road courses? :tilt
I just had my worst race in my whole life.. EVER.

Solstice at Lime Rock

The thing started with extremely long waiting time for the grid to form and then the lights took an awful long time to change... When they changed, I nailed it. But the lights changed to red. So my race is already ruined before it even started. This must be my second ever false start in my life (including LFS).

Then I wait like a nice boy for the green lights and drive in the pack to the pits. But no wait, the guy in front of me forgets how to drive in every corner. The only reason I set a qualy time is to be ahead of dumbasses like him. So in the final corner he gets so much out of shape I end up driving off the track to avoid him. I spin (+2 points). Wait for the pack to pass. Then point my car at where I think the pit entrance is, but it's not there. (I never drove into the pits before. BIG MISTAKE). Then a car comes suddenly out of nowhere and grazes me (+4 points=6). He spins out of control. I decide to drive another lap and have another go at the pit entrance (so now my lap wont be scored). When I get to the spinner I slow down to let the poor guy go ahead of me, because I feel guilty for his spin. He then proceeds to try to spin the car in a violent manner so that he comes across track and right in front of me. I T-bone him. This happened so fast and I was not expecting it. I just hit the brakes, I was coasting anyway, but I still hit hard. (+4points=10). I finally get to the pits and guess what. I dont know what to do. I try stopping like in LFS and I also used the escape key. Still no use. I drive back out again for another lap that wont be counted. The second time I get to pits I finally see the guy with the lollipop. I serve my penalty and off I go. I go out of pits and suddenly see the leaders in my mirror. In that time I accidentally cross the pit exit line. ((( Another black flag. But this time I know what to do.

I commence lapping the car around the circuit untill at one point one of the leaders comes to pass me. I let him in the inside of the first corner, but hey what's that, he veers into me. No worries, its +0 points. A very light touch. Now wait a minute, oh no my suspension is bent (((( And there is still 10 laps to go (((

Some laps later I come across a moving chicane. He really was a moving chicane, god damit. I approaced him so fast I could not believe it. In order to avoid him I go off (+2points)

Race total 18 points. 6 laps behind. And smth like minus 10 for my licence. I now stand at 2,39 (((((((((((((( I'm never getting to 3,00 and I deserve to get there for sure.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG