The online racing simulator
Quote from DrFred :why? to give advantage to manual clutching racers?

I quess so... but most likely because it fitted in with the introduction of the FBM which prompted Scawen then to revisit the clutch and I guess he has an ongoing vision of bringing LFS closer to reality as the sim progresses. He tends to focus on one area at a time.

Next on his list is improving collision physics and damage modelling, I'm looking forward to that
nice! i love it! finally auto shifting is handicapped, like in no other sim
+1 now clutch using is much more "fun".
#503 - L56
Quote from mantis9 :
Ignore me, I wasnt here, you didnt see me right :hide:

O Hai Mantis, yer hidin is not doin so gud! I seez u under teh tabel!!

kthxbye

On topic: yes progress is slow, but it IS being worked on. YAY!

Yes also need to take breaks from LFS because I get frustrated without no any real newness, but hey....LFS stays my baby seeing I am with it since new players joined on grid on the middle of the track during races. That was fun!

If you don´t like it, take a break, come back later. I´m going to follow my own advice! I feel I already had my 24 euros worth, everything else is extra.

Does anyone care about my opinion God I hope not!
really really nice patch!
thanks Scawen !!!

can't wait for FZ5 and FXO interiors
Sorry of my english but i have a question over Patch Z.
I can`t see any replays recorded on Patch Y. Justs says video obsolet.
Its rare because other replays recorded on Patch X or Y can be see.
Any sugerence?
Spanish to d_cury: Eso es por los cambios de los interiores, que invalidan los spr
Quote from d_cury :Sorry of my english but i have a question over Patch Z.
Any sugerence?

there are physics change on some cars (see first post), so for some cars (GTRs, xrt and rb4 I guess) you cannot see old replays with Z version.

Anyway, sweet patch!
Quote from Glenn67 :I noticed Scawen says that hotlaps need to be reset for XFG but cant see any mention of physics changes listed for the XFG. Has the new interiors affected the physics? And does it effect it much?

I think the "size" of the interiors affects weight - either way it's a tiny difference but enough for a replay to go OOS
Because that's other version, and like, you can't play with Z version in Y version servers, that's the same about replays.
Maybe you just said the same in Spanish, im just wondering.
Quote from feat :Because that's other version, and like, you can't play with Z version in Y version servers, that's the same about replays.
Maybe you just said the same in Spanish, im just wondering.

Yes, basically is what I said.

Maybe I could have wrote it in english too
Quote from d_cury :Sorry of my english but i have a question over Patch Z.
Any sugerence?

replays in z patch u can looking only if u have test patch y30 to y33 and z patch happend this me too i now
Thanks folks! i lost my replays
LOL download patch Y man. Por no hace backup.
You know, I always wanted outdoor carpet on the floor of the GTi.

Love the work Eric, especially love the XFR interior it's beautiful, now we just need the others!

not to sure about the GTT's wheels though, not very.. dunno they just look weird to me.

Also once again, great work from you Scawen, tons of coding, and LOVE the replay capabilities now, not that i'll have much use to them lol but hey you never know, great work everyone, it's awesome, now I just can't wait to go home tomorrow and play with it all
i like the wheels, their neat!
wtf?all my previous replays obsolute after my lfs upgraded to this patch.i also can't change steering wheel and seat(dds files).i try replace it but it still look standard patch z steering wheel and seat
wtf? read the annoucements!
Quote from dcm_wc :wtf?all my previous replays obsolute after my lfs upgraded to this patch.i also can't change steering wheel and seat(dds files).i try replace it but it still look standard patch z steering wheel and seat

It's called progress my friend

Replays offen become obsolete after a major patch, and the reason your dds files no longer work is because the interiors have changed.
Quote from danowat :It's called progress my friend

Replays offen become obsolete after a major patch, and the reason your dds files no longer work is because the interiors have changed.

i see.so have to wait someone make new interior things for patch z
Yup, might even be some new ones kicking around already, just check the misc addons forum
there is one with a diarrea color
Thanks Scawen, Victor and Eric!
The only thing a person REALLY NEEDS to do is die. And even that is more like a "must" than a "need". So give the big letters a rest.

It is really nice watching a replay of a close race. See how you defended your position or how the other guy defended against your attacks and how you could have done something better.
A 14 day brake from lfs and this is what i get

My god im just so excited
These enteriors look great ive took the XR and RB4 for a spin and i think there is a good difrence i have a more balanced feel now
I haven't played LFS for about 4 months. I use a gamepad, and just before the last patch was released I was really getting the hang of LFS. Admitedly that was with me flatshifting, but I was used to a semi-auto box on 1nsane (offroad game).

Then patch Y was released and it screwed up the way I was driving, I had a bit hissy fit and stopped playing.

In a moment of boredom I downloaded and tried patch Z - what a difference! The car is so much more drivable now. I just back-off the throttle a little for each gearchange and it works great. Something must have been changed in the programming, because there's no way I would have stopped playing at patch Y if it drove like this.

Anyone else who uses a gamepad notice any difference? Or is it just me taking a break and re-discovering great physics?

Great work devs, and thanks for still making it possible for 'part time' players with gamepads to participate.

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG