The online racing simulator
Call of duty 4
(298 posts, started )
Can somebody tell me if PS3 online is good for this game?

Because GTA4 Online dissapointed me
The Call of Duty games always excel at online play. I got CoD4 for the online because of how everyone talked up the old versions and was well impressed. It's almost like the campaign is just a bonus

I understand that the PS3 version used to suffer a little from lag and jerkiness, but I think that's been fixed now. I can't say for sure because I play the 360 version.
Quote from chanoman315 :Can somebody tell me if PS3 online is good for this game?

Because GTA4 Online dissapointed me

Hi Just to let you know the online side of cod 4 on ps3 is awsome fun loads of diffrent game styles to pick from and some of the maps are awsome . Also its so so easy to get online with it
Is CoD4 worth it for the online then? I got hooked and completed the offline campaign on a friends computer, genuinely for once

What are servers like? Does it offer MOHAA style online gameplay without having to spend hours buying weapons and things which seems to have become common place, TF2 and the Battlefield Reality mod are the only FPS games I occasionally play online and I'd like something that I can just pick up and play that is reasonably realistic but doesn't take half an hour to find the enemy or have an RPG element to it, which is why scripted reasonably realistic non-linear shooters like CoD offline is perfect for me.
Its good but varies on servers.

Personally the maps are too small for 32 players and more, and the game is miles better on 'Hardcore' servers where you get no crosshair and you die pretty easily.

I got to rank 55 pretty easily, just earned myself a Golden Ak-47 a couple of weeks ago, that took some doing (150 headshots will all the assault weapons).

There are annoyances online though, such as nooby unlocks/perk, like grenade spam, and the ability to drop a live grenade when you die.
Quote from spacedskunk :
There are annoyances online though, such as nooby unlocks/perk, like grenade spam, and the ability to drop a live grenade when you die.

The worst annoyance online are hackers/cheats..it's really demoralising to be on a server when some guy shoots you in the head from the other side of the map...through about 6 walls!
Try only going on servers you trust, with admins that instaban the cheats..another tip is to go on servers with killcam enabled..its a pain, but in my experience the cheats tend to stay away from them.
Killcam is a bit annoying for me, since I play the stealthy UAV jamming, silenced pistol type running around like a ninja rabbit!
My Sneaking kit its a silenced MP5 with x3 frag double tap and dead silence

Get a good ammount of kills if you know where to run
Quote from spacedskunk :Killcam is a bit annoying for me, since I play the stealthy UAV jamming, silenced pistol type running around like a ninja rabbit!

I play Hardcore so I don't see the killcams. Makes Creek an absolute nightmare level though

Can't seem to get away from bloody Martyrdom perk, which drives me crazy. Not when the enemy uses it, but when my team mate gets sniped down beside me and takes out the rest of us. Muppet. I don't use it because I'm not lame.
And of cours ein HC mode we get no marker to show where the grenade is either

Random grenades don't bother me so much though, because it's easy enough to avoid them.
martyrdom and last stand suck, real players use a M4
The game is the nicest FPS I've played yet.I'm rank 55 and own a nice golden AK-47.
Quote from Billeh :Hi Just to let you know the online side of cod 4 on ps3 is awsome fun loads of diffrent game styles to pick from and some of the maps are awsome . Also its so so easy to get online with it

K,.. im gonna get it.. if there's a lot of people playing it .... i dont know but i think i got used to Xbox Live people, because i think 360 it's more popular .
Quote from chanoman315 :K,.. im gonna get it.. if there's a lot of people playing it .... i dont know but i think i got used to Xbox Live people, because i think 360 it's more popular .

I gave up on COD 4 on-line with the 360 mainly because I was always team killed by the yanks, and also the sodding whining brats on there were doing my nut in.
My M4 is too good. I love my clamores, but I'm doing so well with my M4 (deep impact and stopping power FTW!) that I am constantly running out of ammo.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I gave up on COD 4 on-line with the 360 mainly because I was always team killed by the yanks, and also the sodding whining brats on there were doing my nut in.

because you played hardcore right? that's why i didnt play there ... never
Quote from Rappa Z :My M4 is too good. I love my clamores, but I'm doing so well with my M4 (deep impact and stopping power FTW!) that I am constantly running out of ammo.

Bandolier perk 4tw!

I presume your on a console because the M4's a tad crappy on the PC, for me anyway, its the gun that took me the longest to get the 150 headshots for the golden AK. Out of all the assualt rifles now though I use the G3, brilliant weapon.
Finished COD4 for the 2nd time earlier when got some spare time, seen people complain alot on fps issues but sit is fine for me in all parts off the game.... been getting between 30-190 all of the time @ 1440x900 max settings plus 16AA/16AF

AMD Phenom 9840 @2.5
Nvidia 8800GT
x2 Raptor 36GB (Raid0)
2GB ram (PC6400)
Creative X-fi Audio
Anybody fancy CoD4 for £100?
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
My M4 is too dam good, right now I'm averaging more than half my teams points because it's such a good gun. Problem is my team always sucks and even if I get half of the neccesary kills for the win we still lose.
i really like the shotgun in small maps, and i got red tiger with the m40a3 sniper

i am lvl 46
M4 ftw

Though i wish there was a way to get that nice Sniper skin in some of the maps without being a sniper and loosing the Jam UAV perk but oh well Good fun game at the best of times.

Love Broadcast great map
Quote from AstroBoy :M4 ftw

Though i wish there was a way to get that nice Sniper skin in some of the maps without being a sniper and loosing the Jam UAV perk but oh well Good fun game at the best of times.

Love Broadcast great map

Overkill perk no?
AK FTW!!!! Shame i have to complete other challenges to get it Gold, I had blue tiger there, then prestige mode and digital FTW!!!!!, M's are way too good, i love em, i only need headshots ...
cool game
I miss CoD4 so much, my XBOX is dead

Call of duty 4
(298 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG