Rubens Barrichello
Jenson Button
Adrian Sutil
Kazuki Nakajima
Sebastien Bourdais
Timo Glock
Nelsinho Piquet
Giancarlo Fisichella
Yes i still keep my opinion about everything Ive said about Hamilton. HUGE ego, talks too much, talks in deals and does silly stuff etc

But I'm not going to be hard headed, EXCELLENT drive by Lewis!

@Intrepid..

Old Massa? 2-3 of the spins he had out of the ..4-5? where track related not even turning or locking up, not him..

I found him a good driver being in a Sauber and all.
refering to what he was like a few years back.
Lewis and Massa are technically equal first. Exactly equal results just different tracks. Out of the 3 where Kimi can keep the 2nd place out of the 3 top drivers.
Hamilton had the race by the first lap to be perfectly honest, the pass on Heikki seemed rather easy to me, weather he was told to move or more likely down to pace it was still to easy. From that moment on he had that race in his pocket and I never felt the result was in doubt. He finished so far ahead of everyone else, mainly because everyone else was falling of the track.

Don't get me wrong it was a good race from Lewis, but I still stand by my descion that it was'nt a drive to rival the best races seen at Silverstone.

BTW Intrepid, just because I did'nt rate Hamiltions drive as high as you, does'nt make me a Kimi fan.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Hamilton had the race by the first lap to be perfectly honest, the pass on Heikki seemed rather easy to me, weather he was told to move or more likely down to pace it was still to easy. From that moment on he had that race in his pocket and I never felt the result was in doubt. He finished so far ahead of everyone else, mainly because everyone else was falling of the track.

And that is part of the skill of wet weather driving.... keeping the car in the right direction ... the fact he he LAPPED up to 4-6 seconds quicker than anyone on the same tyres just adds to it.

Even Ross Brawn, Schumacher's ex-right hand man. felt the need to mention Hamilton in his post-race interview.

This is just on race, that's all, but you have absolutely discredited yourself by try to argue with what is the COMPLETE obvious.
Quote from Intrepid :And that is part of the skill of wet weather driving.... keeping the car in the right direction ... the fact he he LAPPED up to 4-6 seconds quicker than anyone on the same tyres just adds to it.

Even Ross Brawn, Schumacher's ex-right hand man. felt the need to mention Hamilton in his post-race interview.

This is just on race, that's all, but you have absolutely discredited yourself by try to argue with what is the COMPLETE obvious.

You seem to think I was sayintg that Hamiltion was rubbish...I was'nt.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie : He finished so far ahead of everyone else, mainly because everyone else was falling of the track.

....and that is exactly the point. The rest of the "best drivers in the world" couldn't keep it on the tarmac. Lewis did, and did so a lot faster than anyone else.

Quite frankly it was a stunning drive.

I'm sick of all this anti-Hamilton shit you hear in this place. The guy isn't the greatest driver we've ever seen, he still makes silly mistakes far to often, but he's still learning, and with more experience he will get even better.
I honestly don't know where all this "he's got a huge ego" , "he thinks he's a god" nonsense comes from.
The guy is young and confident. There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't believe in yourself you never win anything.
I think he's actually quite humble, and just a nice bloke.

I'll never understand all this crap spoken about him
It's all in some of your petty little minds.
I'm going to be unprofessional of my opinion for just a quick moment.

To all the Hamilton hate fans, in traditional Scottish style...

Get it up yae!!!

That is all!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Were we watching different races? You don't finish a minute ahead of the competition by chance. When all the other cars are spinning, not spinning is indicative of a good drive.

I don't understand this attitude that when one driver wins it's through superiority, but when Hamilton does it, it's luck. Rikernun might've beaten him on fresh inters at the first stop, or he might not - who was fastest on fresh inters at the start of the race? And Lewis was fuelled longer after the first stop.

Exactly. This was irrefutably an excellent performance. Total dominance, a class apart on the day. He was setting a pace that nobody could get near without going off the road. If Kovalainen had done it instead, he would receive massive praise from everybody.

Massa was awful, but his car seemed bad - as if, given his poor grid position, he had decided to gamble with dry settings.

Always better when it rains.
Quote from sinbad :Exactly. This was irrefutably an excellent performance. Total dominance, a class apart on the day. He was setting a pace that nobody could get near without going off the road. If Kovalainen had done it instead, he would receive massive praise from everybody.

Massa was awful, but his car seemed bad - as if, given his poor grid position, he had decided to gamble with dry settings.

Always better when it rains.

I think that was Massa' possible problem. You never see a championship leader win 1 race, and get lapped twice the next in last place. Waiting to hear what his comment is.
We will just have to see what everyone says about Hamilton in a couple of years. He has achieved to tracks what he wanted to win at, thats Monaco and Silverstone (Home GP)
What exactly is wrong with Hamiltons attitude he tells it as it is, nothing wrong with speaking your mind. It doesn't matter what he says it's what he does on the track what matters, he is no MP or someone similar who has to speak what is their job he has to race and thats what he gets paid for, not talking. Do any of you here have his tallent no. He may be good but what he has achieved so far is good for someone who hasnt been in F1 for long.
For someone who has only been in F1 for a season and a half and only 22 and is beating the top dogs is a bloody good achievement isnt it? Yes he may of started off with one of the best cars in the sport but he has worked bloody hard to get where he is today, he comes from a poor background now he is loaded and one of the best on the grid, that shows how much he wanted it doesn't it.

Well I am not going to argue over the matter because when he is a multiple world champion we will see what everyone says about him then, he is mentioned a lot because he is one of the best British drivers to come into the sport in recent years and I have read interviews with other British drivers and they have said the have great respect for the guy, one person who has packed Hamilton is DC, he has said he is one hell of a good driver and he is there is no denying it.
So remember his job is to race not to have a great attitude.

Well I am going to stop now and just read what others say about him because they dont like the way he has just came into the sport and started beating the 'Top Dogs' in the sport.
Quote from aoun :Lewis and Massa are technically equal first. Exactly equal results just different tracks. Out of the 3 where Kimi can keep the 2nd place out of the 3 top drivers.

Countback. You're doing it wrong

Wins : 3 each
2nd places : 1 each
3rd places : 1 each
5th places : 0
5th places : 1 each
6th-9th places : 0
10th places : Hamilton 1, Massa 0.

Hamilton leads by most 10th places. Tight, but still a lead
Quote from duke_toaster :Countback. You're doing it wrong

Wins : 3 each
2nd places : 1 each
3rd places : 1 each
5th places : 0
5th places : 1 each
6th-9th places : 0
10th places : Hamilton 1, Massa 0.

Hamilton leads by most 10th places. Tight, but still a lead

lolz so finishing in 10th place aint so bad after all
Quote from sam93 :
For someone who has only been in F1 for a season and a half and only 22 and is beating the top dogs is a bloody good achievement isnt it? Yes he may of started off with one of the best cars in the sport but he has worked bloody hard to get where he is today, he comes from a poor background now he is loaded and one of the best on the grid, that shows how much he wanted it doesn't it.

I wouldn't say 'poor'. his oldman had to work bloody hard but he certainly wasn't poor.
Quote from Intrepid :I wouldn't say 'poor'. his oldman had to work bloody hard but he certainly wasn't poor.

Wasn't far off from being poor
Well I was actually there when he raced Cadets, he wasn't poor. He was friggin AWESOME, but certainly not poor.

His dad made som,e HUGE sacrifices, but if Hamilton didn't do racing his family would have had a decent few quid in the bank.

imagine the outrage if that was a certain 'other' driver. Have to admit I can imagine the paps are friggin annoying
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hamilton just dominated everybody. Obviously he's still a bit of a noob at times as we saw in Montreal and Magny Cours, but when the rain comes you can see what a talent he's got. Nice to see the crowd getting behind him too - I think this race will be a big psychological boost for him for the next few races.

He actually seemed quite humble in the press conference for a change, too. I think the recent backlash from the press has improved his "media face", he seemed to be more himself infront of the cameras.

Heidfeld was awesome, Barrichello was awesome, all three of them drove perfect races today. Great to see Barrichello doing his little clown routine on the podium again, and the crowd were cheering as loud for him as they were for Hamilton. Still a very popular driver.

Sums it up quite well really. An uncharacteristically good drive from Hamilton, but Driver of the Day has to be Barrichello by a long way. Kimi was on it too, but his race was ruined by Ferrari sticking with used inters, presumably in the hope that it was going to dry out quite quickly. No idea what was up with Massa though - had they left him on a full, agresssive dry setup, or did have a faulty throttle position sensor?
Quote from tristancliffe :Sums it up quite well really. An uncharacteristically good drive from Hamilton, but Driver of the Day has to be Barrichello by a long way. Kimi was on it too, but his race was ruined by Ferrari sticking with used inters, presumably in the hope that it was going to dry out quite quickly. No idea what was up with Massa though - had they left him on a full, agresssive dry setup, or did have a faulty throttle position sensor?

Barrichello was the decision maker of the day, not so sure about 'driver' of the day. If he was on Inters, or everyone was on extremes he would have been no where.

Kimi's race was ruined by himself. He couldn't live with Hamilton's wet weather pace, and the difference was amazingly measured in seconds and not tenths. Bad choice by Ferrari, but it wasn't as if his pace was awesome once he was on inters... far from it.

As for it being uncharacteristic. well... would I be wrong in saying Hamilton has won 3 out of the last 4 wet influenced races? I would say his drive wholly characteristic. He just has trouble with pitlanes! lol
Quote from Intrepid :Barrichello was the decision maker of the day, not so sure about 'driver' of the day. If he was on Inters, or everyone was on extremes he would have been no where.

He was running as high as fifth on inters when everybody else was on inters. In a back-of-the-grid car. Barrichello's been mighty at Silverstone before, and he was again today.
Massa spun, and almost hit a rabbit!
Quote from h3adbang3r :Massa spun, and almost hit a rabbit!

Lol 2 people almost hit a rabit. I don't remember who the other one was :P The person locked the brakes I think and went into the sand and drove over the sand and the little rabit ran away lol. Poor rabit.

And a rabit ran across the track as Hamilton was passing and bearly missed him lol. Damnit that coulda been dangerous lol.
Apparently when Massa nearly decapitated the bunny, Anthony Davidson (who was commentating on 5 Live) said if it was him, it would've been stuck in his radiator.
Quote from Intrepid :Barrichello was the decision maker of the day, not so sure about 'driver' of the day. If he was on Inters, or everyone was on extremes he would have been no where.

Apply your own words for once: he WASN'T on inters and others WEREN'T on full wets so Tristan's comment is fully valid...

Formula 1 British 2008
(370 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG