The online racing simulator
Patch Z Killed my LFS
(17 posts, closed, started )
Patch Z Killed my LFS
I Just installed LFS Patch Z, since I installed it - LFS Wont Load, just a black screen, I have to CTRL + ALT + DLT to get out of it. I have reinstalled the game and all that bullshit.

Wicked

My Specs Are:

Windows Vista Home Prem
2.4ghz Intel Quad Core
3GB Ram
2 x 9800GX2

Any Ideas?
try a fresh install.
#4 - Jakg
Can you go back to Patch Y and test if it does it or not?

Gut feeling - GFX drivers...
Quote from Jakg :Can you go back to Patch Y and test if it does it or not?

Gut feeling - GFX drivers...

Patch Y is the same - I have the latest Drivers - Think ill go play rFactor.
So 15 mins after asking for help, you already give up?
You ran it as admininstrator?
Quote from _EvoLuTioN_ :Patch Y is the same - I have the latest Drivers - Think ill go play rFactor.

I think LFS is a relatively simple to install and configure. And it works for most people. If it does not work for you then you need to do smth differently. After you get over your emotions I'm sure you'll get it to work. Like they said: try a fresh install.
#9 - Jakg
So you went from Y -> Z and now LFS doesn't work, and now it appears Patch Y doesn't work, either...

"The latest drivers" doesn't help, either, as nVidia have various "latest" drivers, on their site and released on other ones, and also vary between "US English" and "UK English" which are often many versions old...

With such a new card, and such a finnicky configuration (Tri-SLi) i'd say try totally removing ALL nVidia drivers, and then re-installing the latest leaked (sort of) drivers which include PhysX support which lets you use the third card for PhysX in games that support it (might sound bad but the improvement from SLi to Tri-SLi is fairly small...).
Where do you have your game installed ? If it's installed in Program Files (x86) then do this :

1.Delete your game
2.Go to "C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)" and delete the map Live for Speed
3.Reinstall your game
Try to rename the cfg.txt to reset all settings in LFS and see if it helps.
Quote from Jakg :
(Tri-SLi)

When has the quad-sli become tri-sli?

He only said he has 2x GX2's
are you using the bloom addon, the one that shows GTA in text top left?

Mine crashed until i removed the eb something bloom addon
#14 - Jakg
Quote from (FIN)Eza :When has the quad-sli become tri-sli?

He only said he has 2x GX2's

Oh. I stand by what I said - moreso with QuadSLi...
Good one this since I had the same. Black screen and nothing.

Just press Escape and it comes up with the first screen!

Fooled me for about a minute.
Forget it chaps, he gone off to play rFactor.
If only I could punch him through the monitor! I would say: Stop playing that bullsh*t, come back and solve this problem...
This thread is closed

Patch Z Killed my LFS
(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG