The online racing simulator
New VW gets 235mpg
(63 posts, started )
New VW gets 235mpg
Thats the most butt-ugly'iest thing ive seen from vw.

If they could put that into a golf... then i may reconsider buying one.
You would look such a berk

Haha :P
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Thats the most butt-ugly'iest thing ive seen from vw.

If they could put that into a golf... then i may reconsider buying one.

If they make a golf that weighs 660lbs and has that kind of drag coefficient, maybe.
Make it into a Golf or a Jetta and people might actually buy them.
#7 - sam93
Have they been watching something like Thunderbirds, looks like something you would see in that type of program/film
Well they must have the odd shape because of aerodynamical reasons.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Yeah, you'll have queues behind you further than the eye can see.

Doesn't seem to be holding up the traffic that much - there's plenty of space on the left lane.
if it was 20000€ and it did 55mph and 282mpg..... then..... thats one hell of a car (im guessing about the speed dont kill me:tilt
Quote from shaun463 :well They Must Have The Odd Shape Because Of Aerodynamical Reasons.

O Rly?
I'm glad that they keep trying different ideas that show some real progress, but, where's my 80mpg EcoRacer from 2 years back???
#14 - JJ72
What? this is not even new.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Quote from JJ72 :What? this is not even new.

I've seen it before too, over a year ago if I recall correctly. It's the private car of the VW director, and it's called the V1 or something. Well, a short name with a 1 at the end.

Unless my memory's playing up again
Quote from hrtburnout :I've seen it before too, over a year ago if I recall correctly. It's the private car of the VW director, and it's called the V1 or something. Well, a short name with a 1 at the end.

Unless my memory's playing up again

I do not think a German company would be wise to call ANY of their products V1.

Nice concept...now let's see it used in a world like where I live; potholes, snow five months of the year, and psychotic mommies in Ford Excursions who do not use side mirrors.
Quote from jj72 :what? This Is Not Even New.

Ahem.

Quote :vw Unveiled The Slick Two-seater Concept Six Years Ago At A Stockholder's Meeting In Hamburg. To Prove It Was A Real Car, Chairman Ferdinand Piech Personally Drove It From Wolfsburg To Hamburg. At The Time, He Said The Car Could See Production When The Cost Of Its Carbon monocoque Dropped From 35,000 Euros (about $55,000) To 5,000 Euros (about $8,000) -- Something He Figured Would Happen In 2012. With Carbon Fiber Being Used In Everything From Airliners To Laptops These Days, Vw's Apparently Decided The Cost Is Competitive Enough To Build At Least A Few Hundred One-liters.

edit: wtf, why is the forum capitalizing every word in a quoted block of text?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :edit: wtf, why is the forum capitalizing every word in a quoted block of text?

jordans disease
that is actually quite sexy move aside smart cars hello vw
Quote from jayhawk :I do not think a German company would be wise to call ANY of their products V1.

vw also named their top of the range car after a greek who completely failed at riding the sky and died in the process... while in retrospect the name suits the car quite well dont for any moment assume that vws marketing department isnt capeable of such stupidity

and to quote dilbert:
Dilbert: How about Sisyphus? The guy who pushed a rock up a hill for eternity? That fits this project.
Pointy-Haired-Boss: Hmm, I like it. It conveys a sense of playfulness.
Dilbert: It's supposed to convey a sense of futility.
Pointy-Haried-Boss: You have to look at it from the rock's point of view.

Dogbert: As you probably know, all the good product names have been trademarked by companies who are competent.
Wally: Competent? How are we going to compete with that?
Dogbert: There's still plenty of names left in the area of Greek mythology, bodily secretions, diseases and everything involving intestines.

also to add some buying advice... if you want a bentley buy a used phaeton... you can get them in perfect nick for around 20k€
OMG, that's ugly
Looks like a modern version of a Messerschmitt KR200 I like it though, but the rear seat looks like only a midget would fit in there :P
I don't understand why they use a tiny diesel engine, small petrol engines run much quieter, smoother and cleaner (at the expense of a slightly higer fuel consumption, that's true).
-
(wark) DELETED by wark : missed info
#23 - wark
It might be safe, but what will scuff another car's bumper will make it a total loss.
And the number plate reads: Wobbly!
Read the comments in the original posted link. People talking about safety, then explaining how F1 drivers survive 200+ mph crashes and those cars are very small. As if F1 crash survival has nothing to do with the tubular rollcage framing, racing seat, 5 point harness, hans device or similar, full helmets, fireproof racing suits, etc etc. Nope, all the safety of F1 crashes comes from the CF bodies..... sheesh....

New VW gets 235mpg
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG