The online racing simulator
Live For Speed S1
(34 posts, started )
Quote from Matrixi :Most propably it does steer differently (or feel, which I'm guessing you are talking about). Every game has its own game engine which means every game has its own feeling to it. Currently, as far as I know, LFS is the only "game" that delivers the feel straight from the road to the steering wheel. That means there is no pre-canned FF effects and pre-set steering feel that other games have. Most of those games you listed are pretty much arcade too, which means they have very arcade'ish feeling to them.

If the reason why you prefer keyboard over wheel is the different feeling between games (which I can't understand as a problem really), then use keyboard for those arcade games you listed and learn to get used to the feeling of LFS with your wheel.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5674
Originally Posted by tristancliffe
Unless of course in the next patch Scawen allows S1 licenced people to race on S2 servers when only S1 content is being used

Quote from AndroidXP :I know this has been suggested quite often already but I simply had to quote this for emphasis.

I have to agree here very strongly, i feel this should be looked at in the next patch or in future patches, so people who cant afford S2 or just have demo can buy S1 and get some racing with the S2 Community surely this can only be beneficial for all parties.

i hope and like to think that the situation wont be the same when S3 comes about, just think..... you could buy S1 or S1 & S2 but everyone is playing s3 and then we are talking £36

Getting this implemented sooner rather then later can only be a good thing for LFS and the Devs and all racers demo or fully registered. I`m sure this also would help with the learning curve this game has.

Id DEFINATELY be racing S1 alot more if this was an option i prefer road cars.
He wants LfS to be one of these arcade racing games, which will never happen... So, he took the only option left for him and leaves... Good choice, I think... I think, we don't need somebody who wants LfS to be arcadey...
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Originally Posted by tristancliffe
Unless of course in the next patch Scawen allows S1 licenced people to race on S2 servers when only S1 content is being used

I have to agree here very strongly, i feel this should be looked at in the next patch or in future patches, so people who cant afford S2 or just have demo can buy S1 and get some racing with the S2 Community surely this can only be beneficial for all parties.

i hope and like to think that the situation wont be the same when S3 comes about, just think..... you could buy S1 or S1 & S2 but everyone is playing s3 and then we are talking £36

Getting this implemented sooner rather then later can only be a good thing for LFS and the Devs and all racers demo or fully registered. I`m sure this also would help with the learning curve this game has.

Id DEFINATELY be racing S1 alot more if this was an option i prefer road cars.

If you have a look at the LFS website, they stopped selling S1 licenses. Now it's S2 or nothing even though it's still in alpha state. It's probably safe to assume they don't intend to allow that kind of content-limited unified server access(as opposed to the current license-level segregated access) or that they didn't plan for it and it would be too much work to add now. Who knows, maybe they'll fix it for S3 so S2 owners can join S3 servers when only S2 content is being used.

See also this thead.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=3463#post3463
Quote from Victor :i'm not giving any answer to this thread here, but i just wanted to note that all of the people who posted in this thread are S2 licensed, except for 1 guy, Gabkicks.

no-one has mentioned yet that _it actually is a problem_. So, is it? So far I'm not convinced it is. Why are the S1 hosts empty? Maybe because there are barely any active S1 racers in the first place. So why should we go through the trouble of rewriting the whole unlocking code, to provide a non-existing usergroup with an additional feature?

Just shining light from a different perspective here.

Just curious, how many active S1 licensed racers are out there and what's the main reason you aren't S2 licensed? Financial reasons, waiting for physics patch, waiting for S2 Full?

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
I think that money is often a reason, but not as most people think - "I have no money to buy LFS S2". I'd say, according to my experiences, that it's rather a problem of accessibility: There are so many people who simply don't have a credit card, specially young ones. (like us tiny ) lol illepall
In Germany, you can - thx to Flo - also buy LFS by bank transfer, but there are many other countries on this lump of rock. And it's still not easy to convince parents of buying a game which hasnt been released yet (and which will not be shipped as a DVD, as usual).
I remember my parents saying something like "If you think they will really make that public... it's your money if they dont".

Probably only the devs know the actual amount of S1 racers, and according to vic, the amount of them (and I mean only the active ones) seems to be rather small. Compared to the S2 ppl, it's not much, so it makes sense to keep this system until the S3 release.... well Im thinking to much ahead now
Quote from tinyk :Just curious, how many active S1 licensed racers are out there and what's the main reason you aren't S2 licensed? Financial reasons, waiting for physics patch, waiting for S2 Full?

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

me, me, me .
anyone who want to get pwned in LX4, contact me via PM!
k-play.de-Burn out Zone server has all cars and track can be changed.

PS. Did few testruns few days ago.
Attached images
S1_0.3H.JPG
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
-
(Renku) DELETED by Renku : quoted message deleted
but why on the old .3 S1? perhaps that's part of the problem? s1 owners dont realise they can download s2 and still unlock the s1 content??
.. get a non-FF wheel then if you are afraid it will handle differently, that way you dont have to worry what it feels like, because it all feels the same

Live For Speed S1
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG