Nick Heidfeld
Christian Klien
Jacques Villeneuve
Vitantonio Liuzzi
Scott Speed
Tiago Monteiro
Christijan Albers
Bahrain Grand Prix: Poll
Who do you think will be in the top eight points paying positions?

i'm assuming i'll be able to set it so people can pick more than one option but PLEASE ONLY CHOSE 8 DRIVERS.

thank you,

let the best 8 win.

Speedfreak227

Edit: i couldn't fit the SUPER AGURI drivers but come on.......... i think not.
most bookies are giving really good odds on Rubens Barechello, i'd suggest putting money on him over Button for a top 5 or maybe a top 3 finish... watch this space
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
My prediction - neither Mclaren finishes the race. Honda, Renault and Ferrari top 6.
does anyone know why the percentages aren't working?

speedfreak227
percentages are working here

gentlefoot.. have you gone mad lol? honda? dunno i havent watched any of the serie for this year.. but honda wasnt looking to good at all last year lol
Honda are looking pretty strong this year according to winter testing and practice on Friday Nuse, so it might pay to watch the race if you can.
Quote from XCNuse :percentages are working here

gentlefoot.. have you gone mad lol? honda? dunno i havent watched any of the serie for this year.. but honda wasnt looking to good at all last year lol

F1 is a fast changing world my friend. Did you not learn that from 2005 and Ferrari's performance compared to '04? And before you say, "but they were 3rd" just remember the massive amount of points they got at the US GP that, lets face it, they would not had got under normal circumstances.

Not that I'll be writing off Ferrari in '06. Far from it.
6/8 (damn ralf schumacer and fisichella )

Quite well actually

Seems the Mclaren is continuing where they left last year It will be interesting to see what the cause for dnf will be tomorrow
He get's his chance to shine this season, i think people should watch out for Massa, top 4 end of the season
Quote from Clownpaint :God, Massa is so underrated! Only 16 think he will be in the top 8.

He never really set the world alight when he was at Sauber though, and he got himself a reputation for not being the most consistent driver in his early F1 years. Massa changed his driving style a lot last season, so maybe that's helping with his new found pace.

Still, he did surprise me by being so close to Schumi's time in the final session but I'm holding off on the plaudits until he proves he can match him over a race distance - which is where it counts.
Quote from Clownpaint :He was superb last year over a race distance, I remember him quite frequently popping up with a suprise 4th or 5th. He really needs to iron out his imperfections and keep learning though, I think he has great potential.

He only finished in the top six twice last year and only in the points four times but I will admit there were some stellar performances in those drives, especially considering he was in an fairly ordinary car. The consistency was there as he seemed to finish 10th more often than not.

Massa only beat Villeneuve by a single point too, which considering Jacques floundered for most of the year isn't really that impressive.

I'm not trying to run down Massa, I just find it hard to believe that his record and performances over the years have been enough to justify a paying ride at Ferrari. The cynic in me can't help but think his position was helped by the last name of his manager.

Still, considering my record for armchair punditry I'll no doubt be eating humble pie this time tomorrow.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#12 - JJ72
Haha even when JV win a championship we say it's flukey.
Massa battling for 10th place? Who saw that coming?

He was doing well until he made a complete hash of it in turn one. I hate to say it (well, a little) but even Villeneuve in the BMW looked more promising than young Massa did for much of the race.
I'm honestly surprised Massa has fans (outside of Brazil). I've been to a few grands prix and haven't seen a single soul in a Massa cap or even sing his praises on a message board until now.

I think you're almost truly unique el Clownpaint.
Looks like it's gonna be Schumi, Alonso and Räikkönen battling for the c'ship again. Button will do mediocre, won't deliver anything spectacular; Massa won't be fighting for wins. Perhaps Rosberg and a couple of others mixing the pack occasionally but..

I hope I'm wrong though, so we'd get more people driving for the win.
Rosberg's performance will be largely dependant on how Cosworth can develop their engine over the year, and sadly, I doubt they the resources to match Ferrari or Renault.

Williams have always gone well at Monaco though, so they might be the team to beat once we get to some of the slower European tracks.
I doubt this race represents ferrari's performance for the rest of the year for 2 reasons - 1. Barrichello finished 2nd in the first race of 2005 with that weak car so it's not representative of true pace especially when you consider the next --> 2. ferrari did more winter testing at bahrain then any other team, they where well setup to get the max they could this weekend but they wont have that advantage for the other 18? races.

Schumacher will as always get more performance out of the car then would seem possible and i'm sure its better then last years car but doubt they can keep up with the other top teams on true pace. Schumacher will keep trying to play mind games and try to convince people ferrari has something up their sleeve but it only seems to work for the spectators since his intimidation tactics arent working on renault or alonso, they call his bluff every time.
Quote from WorldFamous :Rosberg's performance will be largely dependant on how Cosworth can develop their engine over the year, and sadly, I doubt they the resources to match Ferrari or Renault.

Resources aren't everything though - look at the Mercedes engine over the past year or two. Even with the backing of DaimlerChrysler they haven't always been able to produce an engine that was reliable or the most powerful.

I've heard good things about the Cosworth V8, and I'd love it to shove Williams back up to the front of the grid - not just to prove the doomsayers wrong, but also to raise a big two fingers to BMW.
-
(XCNuse) DELETED by XCNuse
According to my reckoning....

Well done to sil3ntwar - all 8 correct

Followed closely by shim, ButterTyres and Brilwing with 7 correct.

Bahrain Grand Prix: Poll
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG