The online racing simulator
Quote from maxelmar :And still... you havent fixed the "probable error in graphics driver" thing.... youre pathetic

Give the man a break, Scawen and co have been working ridiculously hard on this patch making this great game so much greater. Geez...
Thx Scawen
Quote from maxelmar :And still... you havent fixed the "probable error in graphics driver" thing.... youre pathetic

With that sort of attitude it's no wonder he hasn't gone out of his way to address your issue.
Thanks for the comments and I'm pleased the patch is running well.

Quote from themagicman258 :thankz for patch z but 1 thing i hate/dislike the chase cam it dosent move freely or whatever u call it cus its not good for drifting or enything

There is an option in the View settings for that.

Ridiculous to expect me to fix your graphics drivers.
Damn this game looks so good

and I got a massive FPS jump too....

Before they used to hover at like 230 with 1920x1200

now it just locks at 333FPS ROFL!

Sweet~!

Looks incredible too
@Cue-Ball & AndroidXP - my appologies, guys!

The reason why the car handled differently in Y and Z patches is because I didn't set the controls evenly

I'll say no more...
Quote from mantis9 :I have a small problem, but it may be my computer.
When running LFS in a window that is smaller than my monitor,
everything slows down massively, like 2fps and the cursor is lagging badly.
Not just while racing but in every part of LFS, and any other programs I have running! Full screen or windowed but maximised its fine, bouncing of the 100fps limiter.
Anyone experienced this? Or have any ideas?
Id update my graphics drivers but my card is so old new drivers are not written for it anymore.

I think that is quite common that windowed works considerably slower... havent you noticed that previously? And why would you want to run LFS in windowed mode daily?

Quote from Cue-Ball :As long as a server is running demo-only content, anyone can join it now. So, as long as you only have Blackwood and the XRG/FBM/XFG enabled, Demo users and S1/S2 users will be able to connect and play.

Has max amount of players changed on demo servers too?
My honest opinion. Mostly graphics-wise because i didn't drive any car yet...

XFG : Awesome Interior changes. Nice steering.
XR's : Nice steering too... but the interior looks mostly like the old one ( not criticising tho )

Formulas are nice too, loked the new XR RPM LED meter...

I Think you should apply the new steering to all road models, leaving that aluminium one to the GTR classes... and a nicer interior do the UF1... It's dashboard looks more of a stripped-out-race-car dash than a road car...

nice improovements must say.
Well, what can I say?

A huge thank you for this patch, guys.

I'm seeing an improvement in starting grid framerates, I love the replay controls and it's great to be able to fine tune the AA, AF and mip bias settings in-game.

Top bombin', chaps!
Quote from hsshoura :Damn this game looks so good

and I got a massive FPS jump too....

Before they used to hover at like 230 with 1920x1200

now it just locks at 333FPS ROFL!

Sweet~!

Looks incredible too

Yikes ! 333 !

Mine have gone up from mid 50's to mid 80's at South City with a full grid of Ai, on max settings (i think ?) and i was mighty impressed with that !. But 333 !, Come on Bud, you're just being plain greedy, why not share a few

But yeah, the game looks so good these days, pah who needs DX10, or even DX9 for that matter.
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
Quote from deggis :I think that is quite common that windowed works considerably slower... haven't you noticed that previously? And why would you want to run LFS in windowed mode daily?

Never noticed it previously and like I said, its not in windowed mode in general, its in un-maximised windowed mode, if that makes sense.

I don't want to run LFS in windowed mode, I can live perfectly happily without ever putting it in un-maximised window mode, its a very minor inconvenience.
I only mention it because its a new thing to me,
I thought someone else might of come across it,
and tbh, Im curious as to why its happening

edit - guess what, its stopped doing it, everything is back to normal
Ignore me, I wasnt here, you didnt see me right :hide:
Quote from Mazz4200 :But yeah, the game looks so good these days, pah who needs DX10, or even DX9 for that matter.

n00bs who think that using DX9 or DX10 will automatically fill the game with eye candy and bling, that's who. (Nonetheless, from what I've read, I believe ultimately DX9's features will be needed to bring about the kind of graphical effects and lighting that people seem to expect for S3).

Thanks devs for the new patch. Although it's felt like a long time coming (and to be fair, it has been), it delivers some much needed/appreciated things. AA/AF, replay controls, new interiors, etc. Most of all, when I upgraded my main LFS installation tonight, I felt the urge to race again - something I've not felt with LFS for a while now. Maybe it's the AA, maybe it's the new interiors, maybe it's the further general refinements. Or maybe (most likely), it's a combination of all of them. I hopped on CTRA Race1 tonight in the XFG with it's new interior and had a couple of great races. Patch Z runs flawlessly on my machine and FPS is up while the game looks better - a rare feat for most games.

It's nice to see some sort of visual/content updates to match the technical/physics side of development. Hopefully these will continue to come as S2 begins to take shape and get closer to being final.

Now, if only there was a new track on the horizon...
Thank you Scawen! Can the rollcage colour be made in the skin still?
Quote from Dudles :I Think you should apply the new steering to all road models, leaving that aluminium one to the GTR classes... and a nicer interior do the UF1... It's dashboard looks more of a stripped-out-race-car dash than a road car...

No update to UF1 yet and UFR is just experiment and WIP as Scawen said. UFR is not even mentioned in the list of changes Altough not sure does that modern LCD display taken from XRR fit it (if its there to stay).
wow! did not see this coming!
rev limiter is slightly higher in the fzr than it was before

I only noticed this because I've been driving it like crazy

I love the new patch, the cars drive wonderfully.
Quote from Cue-Ball :With that sort of attitude it's no wonder he hasn't gone out of his way to address your issue.

I want to take back what I said about the devolopers being pathetic, not very respectable of me.
But I've waited long for a decent answer or a fix for this problem, nothing yet, a new patch gets you all excited but still you can't enjoy the game (and the new patch)
Thanks Scawen,

I like the new patch

Nice graphical improvement and i like the XR-GTR dashboard, gauges and the NOS? or Fire Extinguisher? hahaha nice to see that.

Nice improvements in Suspension tweaks.

But can we make the Frame Rate much higher even if PC's running in 64mb or 128mb video graphic cards, (e.g. Laptops with only 64mb or 128mb integrated video cards) so even out of town with the lappy on it can still play LFS Just a quick and a little question on this..

Thanks a lot
Thanks also in advance for the reply.
I don't find where (when logged in S2) we can see the demo server?
Thanks a lot
Quote from maxelmar :I want to take back what I said about the devolopers being pathetic, not very respectable of me.
But I've waited long for a decent answer or a fix for this problem, nothing yet, a new patch gets you all excited but still you can't enjoy the game (and the new patch)

It's not hard to update your graphics drivers. nVidia card? Drivers are at www.nvidia.com

ATi card? Drivers will be found at www.amd.com
Why did the dashboard change for XRR and UFR, they are eh, not my liking
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Why did the dashboard change for XRR and UFR, they are eh, not my liking

Because they are GTR cars. The UFR is rough and unfinished though.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Why did the dashboard change for XRR and UFR, they are eh, not my liking

Yeah, the old XRR cockpit definitely looked more race-car like...

:doh:
S2 license....

I click on CTRA Race 1....

Loads up skins, etc, and gives me a pop-up....

"Host is S1"

And I'm back at the server list.

It happened to me twice, then the third time I was able to get on the server. I could understand a "Host is full" message (of which it was not full), but the "Host is S1" and that's it was strange.

I tried the third time just to get a screenshot and it let me on the server....

Great job Scawen and Co. (that's NOT sarcasm, this line has nothing to do with above ) Love the combined demo/S1/S2 list. Makes it look like we have many racers in the US with all the demo hosts.... Demo requiring registration, best thing that's happened to LFS since April 06 updates.

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG