The online racing simulator
Quote from flymike91 :So if you've never seen it, it doesn't exist?
http://www.raceabout.fi/index_3.html
I for one believe that RAC is a real car and not an elaborate hoax

no what i said was as i've no first hand knowlage of them i cannot be sure that they are the same as in real life, so it makes no difference to me if they are real or not as long as they feel real, wasn't a critasism of lfs but rather the opposite, that the fact that iracings cars are real isn't important to me as apart from 2, i've never come across them and on this side of the puddle are very unlikly to and as such they are no more desirable than lfs' fictional cars
Quote from George Kuyumji :Can you imagine sitting in a Force Dynamics Simulator and this bug happens :scared:

No, but I can imagine a wet spot on the wall that used to be me...
Quote from tinvek :no what i said was as i've no first hand knowlage of them i cannot be sure that they are the same as in real life, so it makes no difference to me if they are real or not as long as they feel real, wasn't a critasism of lfs but rather the opposite, that the fact that iracings cars are real isn't important to me as apart from 2, i've never come across them and on this side of the puddle are very unlikly to and as such they are no more desirable than lfs' fictional cars

I agree with you, fictional cars does not bother me either, this is what I was trying to say in the first place. Having cars replicated from real life in a game does not make a game any better. The cars in LFS handle like they would if they were real life cars because LFS simulates the way a fwd/rwd/awd spec car would behave. The cars are artificial but behave like they would in real life, if that makes any sense I must ask though .. have you ever driven a BMW F1 car ? because you are saying that you have first hand knowledge of that car but you do not for the MRT or RAC
no

what i meant was ive seen one running in real life so its got a bit more relevance to me
Quote from Juls :Think about people who use a force dynamics 301. I doubt they will miss this bug.

Yeah, all two of them.
Quote :Having cars replicated from real life in a game does not make a game any better.

That's true, really (well, depending on your stance)- but recreating things from reality probably requires a bit more discipline and will be held up to higher scrutiny, since there's something solid to actually compare with. I think that's part of the art and science of simulation, getting things right down to minute details. That doesn't take anything away from any of the fantasy cars in LFS imo, as ultimately they're all virtual, but those cars probably haven't quite gone through some of the rigour that the cars in iRacing will have needed to have gone through in order to feel accurate. It's just a slightly different discipline, that's all.
Quote from Electrik Kar :That's true, really (well, depending on your stance)- but recreating things from reality probably requires a bit more discipline and will be held up to higher scrutiny, since there's something solid to actually compare with. I think that's part of the art and science of simulation, getting things right down to minute details. That doesn't take anything away from any of the fantasy cars in LFS imo, as ultimately they're all virtual, but those cars probably haven't quite gone through some of the rigour that the cars in iRacing will have needed to have gone through in order to feel accurate. It's just a slightly different discipline, that's all.

very very well put.

real cars which has thousand of hours spent in design and engineering must have more solidity than something drawn up by one guy who never had professional practice. It's not really about whether a car exists in real life, but the extra texture...the depth in it just makes the difference.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG