The online racing simulator
"Please upload your skin at www.lfsworld.net"
Hi, since last patch I always get this message in the chat "Please upload your skin at www.lfsworld.net"!

Well, I'm a freaking demo-racer, I CAN'T UPLOAD MY SKIN!!!!

This should be removed or you give us demo-racers the rights to upload our skins!

I don't need to upload my skin nor do I want to get this message, it annoys me!
You can, since the last patch.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :You can't, since always.

I seem to recall the demo users were now granted auto skin downloading with Patch Y? Or was it only a one-way thing (can download others', but not upload their own), or am I just drunk again?
Quote from Scawen in Patch Z thread :Licensed demo racers system :

Demo racers now need a user name and GAME password to go online
Unified List of Hosts - S2 users can all Demo / S1 / S2 hosts
Demo / S1 racers can see all hosts running Demo / S1 content
Demo racers now automatically download skins but not upload

Means if a S1/S2 user enters a demo server (even though technically there aren't any "demo servers" any more, but I'm using it as an example...), the demo users will auto-download the S1/S2 skins. So he shouldn't be getting the message
Hmm... seems I'm just drunk again then. Being at work right now, that's probably not a good thing...
Well I tried logging in on lfsworld.net and clicked on "my car skins" or what it's called and it said that I need to be S1 or S2, sadly!

And, what do you mean with
Quote :even though technically there aren't any "demo servers" any more

I mean I can see, that there are much lesser servers, where I can particitpate, but 2 servers were still up and I was able to join them!

I like a lot of improvements with this patch, mostly the new replay-features, but this message keeps annoying me and it distracts me while driving!
Well there are two simple solutions:
  1. Get S1/S2 or
  2. Don't use a custom skin
#9 - Bean0
Quote from morpha :Well there are two simple solutions:
  1. Get S1/S2 or

Or..

Use a skin already on LFSW
Ask a S1/S2 licensed friend with spare skin slots to upload.
Or rename the custom skin to the same as a default skin (or a random uploaded skin).

Then when LFS checks the database it'll find a skin with that name and won't prompt for an upload. Other racers will download the wrong one, but that's not a big deal.
Quote from Stuffi :And, what do you mean with
I mean I can see, that there are much lesser servers, where I can particitpate, but 2 servers were still up and I was able to join them!

Before Patch Z, in the multiplayer menu, there were 3 options for Demo, S1, or S2 servers. We could join them all, but when clicking one, we couldn't see the other server types. In Patch Z however, there's only one list. Instead of having demo or S1 specific servers, they are just S2 hosts running demo or S1 content.

EG, if I set up a S2 server on BL1, using the XFG, you'd be able to join it. But if I switched the track to south city, or allowed non-demo cars, you'd be kicked, as it's no longer demo-only content.

It's supposed to stop segregation of demoers, but I don't think it'll work...
Quote from morpha :Well there are two simple solutions:
  1. Get S1/S2 or

Yeah sure, "if people don't buy our game, we go on there nerves and don't let them use their custom skins without getting annoyed!"
Well I don't think, that this is the way the developers think about it!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Before Patch Z, in the multiplayer menu, there were 3 options for Demo, S1, or S2 servers.

Ah ok I now know what you mean
#13 - JJ72
but well maybe some might want to know whether their skin is online and if they are running naked. cos sometimes even if you are using a public skin it might not be uploaded.
Yea, but it should just be disabled for demo users, as they can't upload skins
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yea, but it should just be disabled for demo users, as they can't upload skins

But the defaults and a lot of public skins are uploaded. Some demo racers might not want to look naked, and would prefer to know if the skin they have chosen is not being seen by others.

It also demonstrates the feature that is unavailable to them, something a demo user who doesn't use the forums might not know about.
Quote from Stuffi :Hi, since last patch I always get this message in the chat "Please upload your skin at www.lfsworld.net"!

Well, I'm a freaking demo-racer, I CAN'T UPLOAD MY SKIN!!!!

This should be removed or you give us demo-racers the rights to upload our skins!

I don't need to upload my skin nor do I want to get this message, it annoys me!

Must of been... 20 times iv said this...

DEMO = DEMONSTRATION

buy s2 and have the rights of freedom on LFS!
Quote from Bean0 :But the defaults and a lot of public skins are uploaded. Some demo racers might not want to look naked, and would prefer to know if the skin they have chosen is not being seen by others.

It also demonstrates the feature that is unavailable to them, something a demo user who doesn't use the forums might not know about.

Yeah, but one or two advices would be enough and without sound, if you ask me!
Quote from Jordan2007 :DEMO = DEMONSTRATION

What a wise man you are, if you can't read you'd better look for another thread.
My improvement suggestion was about improving the demo and not about improving the game! And why should they implement a message which politetly invites someone to do something what he can't do!

Annoying messages for demousers isn't a good advertising for a full version!

And even then it would be cleverer to pop the message "Plz get s1 or s2 to upload your customs skins" and not to confuse demousers, because they think, that they might be able upload their skins!

The other thing is, that demos normaly are available before the fullversion. So lets make an example, a Gta 100 demo, where you only can visit town 1 of 4! If there would pop up a message every 2 minutes which would tell you, "Visit town 2, 3 and 4 to get better weapons", would that make sense?

Well whatever, the only thing I wanted or asked was, if it is possible to remove this message because I think a lot of demo-users are anoyed and maybe have other reasons not to buy s1 or s2! Would be great

thanks
I think that that only happens with a skin which isn't uploaded, if you rename it to a skin which IS uploaded or just as default skin (as said above) you'll probably don't get that message.
I'm in full agreement with the OP. The error message is from a time before demo racers could download skins in-game, so demo users should get a different failure message to reflect their abilities.

In general, having the message pop up more than once is irritating, regardless of whether you are licenced or not.
I haven't seen the message recently, but it must have changed.

Didn't it used to be 'Your Skin has not been found on LFSWorld', which would apply to all users ?
Quote from Bean0 :I haven't seen the message recently, but it must have changed.

Didn't it used to be 'Your Skin has not been found on LFSWorld', which would apply to all users ?

Yeah something like that, I'm to lazy to change my language ingame to check whats the english message, but in german it says I should upload the skin at lfsworld.net!

@Bob Smith
ah thats interesting, I didn't know that this existed before the last patch, but now you said it, so it makes sense to me!

well lets see if something changes with the next patch but maybe I have S1 or S2 until then, don't know, there is a lot of stuff I need the money for in the next few months! we'll see!
Quote from Bean0 :Or..

Use a skin already on LFSW
Ask a S1/S2 licensed friend with spare skin slots to upload.

this is ktm skins
Attached images
XRG_ktm.jpg
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
Quote from mr-teppo :this is ktm skins

Buy S2, upload skinds, nobody does it for u? Deal with it.

Btw, holy mother of a sweet bump.
Quote from hazaky :Buy S2, upload skinds, nobody does it for u? Deal with it.

Btw, holy mother of a sweet bump.

Anyway, just a suggestion by him

"Please upload your skin at www.lfsworld.net"
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG