The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y32 - Final Test
(124 posts, closed, started )

Could it be still brighter? Similar to the red light colour in BF1. I feel that old one is easier to spot, that orange kind of colour at least looks brighter.
Brighter? You might as well have some fireworks, an explosion in the fuel tank and fifty million strobe lights.

I always wonder why people want such massive bright lights. You don't really need a light. Just look at the redline
#28 - Dmt
When you touch the tire, then there is some kind of bug!
Attached images
bug.JPG
Quote from JO53PHS :Brighter? You might as well have some fireworks, an explosion in the fuel tank and fifty million strobe lights.

Eh...

Quote :I always wonder why people want such massive bright lights.

Blame real life, e.g. http://www.motorauthority.com/ ... /01/porsche_gt3_cup06.jpg

Quote :You don't really need a light. Just look at the redline

Point is that eyes would spot it without actually staring at it all the time...
Quote from deggis :

Could it be still brighter? Similar to the red light colour in BF1. I feel that old one is easier to spot, that orange kind of colour at least looks brighter.

Well, I guess I should have said redder rather than brighter. It now has red to maximum and the green a bit reduced so it is less orange, and now the same colour as the red LED lights of the gear indicator.

I think this is a bit easier to see in your peripheral vision, there was something a bit washed out about the orange, though I'm not certain it achieved all that Dru wanted. It is still not popping out at you, to say the least.

Although the red channel of the shift lights are now at maximum, the whole texture is toned down by the colour Eric chose for the dash texture, so it is duller than on some other cars.

One thing I can tell you when I drove the real FBM, as I went down the straight at Bruntingthorpe, I could hardly see the red LED gear indicator at all. That was quite inconvenient as I wanted to know what gear I was in. Being a learner I did not always know. On the other hand I could clearly see the LCD display although it was small even in reality. Well that's not so relevant when we are talking about a car with a roof, but anyway red LEDs aren't THAT bright in the day time. I toned down the BF1 dash a little today as it seemed to be burning red holes in my retinas. It's still bright but won't damage your eyes like looking at someone using a mig welder.
#31 - TG44
i'm 75% ready for racing on manual/sequential shift if i just hear the engine... the remaining 24% is filled by looking at the redline and the shift light adds the last % if i happen to forget to shift i'm ok with it the way it's always been
As mentioned by Boris already, it's completely unrealistic to shift with help of the shift light anyway

Quote from Boris Lozac :The perfect shift light is unrealistic alltogether, i wouldn't mind if it was removed from the sim. There are no shift lights in real life that vary on your setup, they basically just switch ON when they reach certain RPM, but in LFS it actually sugests you when is the perfect time to change gear, depending on your setup. If i'm wrong, someone could correct me, if i'm right, it would be a nice thing to be removed and make like in real racing cars...

#33 - Equi
I allways listen to the sound of the engine when racing
I never even have the time to look at the dashboard.
Only few times i acualy look when drifting.
Peace Equil out ^^,
Maybe changing the placement of shift light would help? Anyway after replacing the 'einstein of torque' type of shift light by rpm shift light it will become just a place where you look 1 second before it lights up, to change gear with more precisson - IMHO.

Bug on purpose?:

Animation of switching hands while turning the wheel has changed?
Now it is no more realistic. You catch the wheel at 12 o'clock, not at 3 or 4.
It looks like woman style of turning, as in some pre S1 versions, with woman driver model.
#35 - Dru
Quote from Scawen :Well, I guess I should have said redder rather than brighter. It now has red to maximum and the green a bit reduced so it is less orange, and now the same colour as the red LED lights of the gear indicator.

I think this is a bit easier to see in your peripheral vision, there was something a bit washed out about the orange, though I'm not certain it achieved all that Dru wanted. It is still not popping out at you, to say the least.

Although the red channel of the shift lights are now at maximum, the whole texture is toned down by the colour Eric chose for the dash texture, so it is duller than on some other cars.

Hi Scawen,

Yes it is a little better but to me it is still either in the wrong position and/or the contrast is wrong.

I've done a quick mock up... hope you can see it, the reason is - i don't understand why the brightness of Y24 patch can not be mirrored in Y32 - even against the weird blue bezel.

The pictures i have in order is:

PAtch Y32 - dull red light under gear selection which is still not clear.

PAtch Y24 - bright light on black background clearly inditiable by periferal vision as there is nothing with the same colour around it.

My proposal - Have it on the top of the Speedo display, similar to the PL button. This way even though its still on the blue bezel it is in a position which will be identifiable by periferal vision.

BTW i've just copied and pasted the light from the PAtch Y24 into it.

Again, sorry for being silly, but why is the light in patch Y30/32 not able to be as bright as in Y24? even with the different colour bezel - it is still clearly brighter?

Cheers and regards,

Dru.
Attached images
speedo lights.jpg
On a PI System 2 dash, the two LEDS on the right of the LCD are the warning lights - alarm and overrev. Most people use the overrev as a shift light. The PI system can also drive an external LED for each of those, so you can have an LED in your line of sight, and on the dash itself.

I know this because I've just bought a Dallara with a PI system 2 dash (and I hate the PI software!).

I can take a photo of the dash at some point if people want to make a hires texture of it.
o/t, but feel free to take as many pics as you can be bothered with, Tristan

Cheers
not really an issue but more of a constant annoyance:
every time i had to reunlock lfs after installing a patch it defaulted back to not loading a track at startup
shouldnt it be able to remember my settings before it locked itself to demo?
Hi,
I was testing Y32 just on my server when a new guest joined and left the pits in XRR. I pulled into the pitlane shortly after and thought I would have a nose at his car while waiting. This is what I saw which to me don't look right.

Just been back and as a spectator the car looks fine in spectator mode.

Someone please join [AKM] Racing UK Y32 Server in XRR within next 25 mins as going to bed. Too late off bed.
Attached images
LFS 2008-07-02 02-26-31-39.jpg
Quote from Andy King :Hi,
I was testing Y32 just on my server when a new guest joined and left the pits in XRR. I pulled into the pitlane shortly after and thought I would have a nose at his car while waiting. This is what I saw which to me don't look right.

Someone please join [AKM] Racing UK Y32 Server in XRR within next 25 mins as going to bed. Too late off bed.

I think you're out of video memory there bud, and the textures can't be rendered.

Anyway, about the shift light, a nicer idea (not for this patch though) would be to make the RPM bar flash quickly when you hit the shift point.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I think you're out of video memory there bud, and the textures can't be rendered.

Hi,
Seems odd that all other textures were fine and its the first time I have ever seen it.
Is it still possible to paint roll cages in skins?
please, fix the problem with the 5th gear (XFR). sometimes the 5th gear doesn't work. and i'm not the only one with that problem. sometimes we have to use the shifter between 2 - 5 times to change from gear 4 to 5.
You need to lift the throttle in order to shift, just like in FBM
Seems odd that all other textures were fine and its the first time I have ever seen it.

What you mean fine. Your dash gauges are all empty and stale. You are driving minimum specs on gfx i guess.

Whats with the name or something on left, is that an insim?

Sometimes happens... same like with skin. Did skin load? Next time go to spectate, or if you were, join race... and textures + skin should load. Worked for me, but still it's bad that it happens.
I got a error if opening lfs after installing x32 patch
[edit]now lfs opened without a error
Attached images
error.JPG
Quote from Shotglass :not really an issue but more of a constant annoyance:
every time i had to reunlock lfs after installing a patch it defaulted back to not loading a track at startup
shouldnt it be able to remember my settings before it locked itself to demo?

Well that doesn't happen very often. It's just that when you unlock, it stops loading the track at startup, which is what most people would want so LFS loads quickly. I've just been making the unlocks vanish for various reasons in these final test patches.

Quote from bmwe30m3 :I got a error if opening lfs after installing x32 patch
[edit]now lfs opened without a error

When you get a crash report like that, please click the blue text there for more info. Then it will tell you the crash address and I can try to find out what the problem is.

Like this : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=257641#post257641
#49 - Woz
Scawen: With the XRR when I look left/right I get a small triangle appear as the view gets past about 50%.

Looks like fibreglass sort of texture.

This is on my Laptop with an ATI HD2600 gfx card

I will check in the other cars if I get a chance later
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :....Whats with the name or something on left, is that an insim?

That was Team Speak Overlay.

I've noticed this bug ever since W patch folks. I only had a 256MB card then, so maybe, it was outta memory. Just pit and rejoin and the dds texture files reload somehow. Spectating to other players sometimes fixes it to. Once I had to hold TAB for 20 seconds and go disco mode. :color:
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y32 - Final Test
(124 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG