The online racing simulator
cpu problem or lfs problem?
(12 posts, started )
it seems that after a few minutes of play lfs laggs out (5fps)......EVERY TIME im using all the high res stuff and have everything like aa turned on and i get around 35fps , so at first i thought it was all the beautiful high res stuff, but no it wasn't, thought it was new patches but had the same problem with original y with like 200fps, cleared A LOT of memory on my comp, updated drivers.... and the same thing happens. im out of ideas can anyone help me?
Mostly this comes down to an overheating GPU which clocks itself down or crashes. Though it could be the CPU that is overheating and downclocking, it more often happens that it is the GPU. Can you monitor the temperatures of these components somewhere and what are the specs of your PC?
The first thing I always say to people with any PC performance problems is make sure everything is running at stock speeds/voltages; some games simply do not like OCing.

If you are running stock speeds (CPU/GPU/RAM) then as stry90dis has said, monitor your temps with ATI Tool or Ntune (both good enough for monitoring) and maybe run some CPU/GPU tests while keeping an eye on temps.

Also check CPU/GPU fans and heatsinks.
#4 - Woz
yep, sounds like heat. Improve cooling or turn down detail.
well speaking of over heating....i just found out my fan is broken but my comp. never told me so this could have been happening for a month now will i nice new fan fix my problem and is there any permenant damage that could have been done? thanks a bunch
#6 - JJ72
could be, if that happens a lot of time chance it would have damaged the motherboard.
Quote from jonny dank :well speaking of over heating....i just found out my fan is broken but my comp. never told me so this could have been happening for a month now will i nice new fan fix my problem and is there any permenant damage that could have been done? thanks a bunch

Exactly which fan is knackered? If it's the CPU fan then you might be lucky, with down-throttling and a good thermal grease (if that's what you have) a CPU can survive quite a bashing. If it's the GPU fan then a damaged core will nearly always result in noticeable artifacts in games after a short time of being played. Or is it a case fan?
problem solved, u guys were right! i put a big room fan behind it and turned it off for a little while, turned it back on and played a whole hour online, new patch, best aa, 31fps, works completely fine and there isn't any damage that i know of. so i'll be getting 2 new fans tomorow and thanks a lot for the help
#9 - dadge
it's nice to see a thread run its course and have a good ending. not often this happens on lfs forums.
Quote from dadge :...not often this happens on lfs forums.

Not often this happens in life in general my friend.
I suspect it only happens so infrequently because people do and say so many stupid things. It was a sensible question asked in a nice way, there's no reason anyone would jump on it.

If on the other hand he'd posted
"LFS sucxxxx!111 my pc is fckuked now cuz lfs gets lo frameratez evry cupl laps. only installed hires texchure n game cnt handel it? ?>?? i run defarg an upd8 drivyurs but it still fuxed. omgz u guyz help!11!!111eleventyone"
he would have been kicked from here to eternity
Quote from CardinalStorm :The first thing I always say to people with any PC performance problems is make sure everything is running at stock speeds/voltages; some games simply do not like OCing.

If you are running stock speeds (CPU/GPU/RAM) then as stry90dis has said, monitor your temps with ATI Tool or Ntune (both good enough for monitoring) and maybe run some CPU/GPU tests while keeping an eye on temps.

Also check CPU/GPU fans and heatsinks.

Not true entirely. OCing doesn't jack with games unless the OC is too high. If you know how to OC it should be no problem what-so-ever.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG