The online racing simulator
Is my g25 broken??
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Spils
Is my g25 broken??
Hi guys, right i havent been playing on my g25 of late i kindly borrowed it my brother along with live for speed and the system its installed on..

Anyway got it back now was having a game the weekend and it seems as if its lost exactly half its power ie the force feedback.
At the mo i have outside setting to 101% and hvaing to stick the ingame to between 105% and 200% depending on the car..

Im sure i remember when i played it in the past i was using no more than 50% ingame usally 35% and anything over 100% would pull my frigin arms off.

That isnt the case now i can still feel force but its so easy to use at 200%

anyone got any ideas?? or will you guys need more info.. It doesnt sound broke and theres still force there but i remember it being solid as a rock at 200% barley unable to turn the wheel.
I have never had this problem myself.. but I know that the G25 has two motors in it to give you strong force feedback. If you're saying it has lost 50% of its power I would check to see if one of the two moters has died on you or has come unplugged.
#3 - Spils
Quote from wtf im nameless :I have never had this problem myself.. but I know that the G25 has two motors in it to give you strong force feedback. If you're saying it has lost 50% of its power I would check to see if one of the two moters has died on you or has come unplugged.

And how would one check this??
well, you can open it up and check. There are two motors pretty much right behind the paddle shifters.. one on each side... When your racing they will get warm over time... if one gets warm and the other doesnt you'll then you know. Check connections too. I'll see if I can post some pics of the inside of the wheel later, i'm working right now.
#5 - Spils
Quote from wtf im nameless :well, you can open it up and check. There are two motors pretty much right behind the paddle shifters.. one on each side... When your racing they will get warm over time... if one gets warm and the other doesnt you'll then you know. Check connections too. I'll see if I can post some pics of the inside of the wheel later, i'm working right now.

Thxs mate, will opening up now void my warrenty thou??? its less than 9 months old.

Not discounting this soulution but does anyone no of any other way i can test this, or work out if im just imaging it being alot stronger..

how hard do other find it to turn the wheel at 101% in the profiler and 200% ingame?
If it's still under warrenty, then send it back and tell them the problem. Let them determin and fix wot ever is needed. DO NOT open it if under warrenty! IF they say it's physical damage or user abuse, and rejectes ur claim, THEN do a DIY repair.
yeah, guess I should have asked how old it is.. mines just so hacked up I forget that some other people have warranty still. hehehhehe

just send it in for warranty.

Is my g25 broken??
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG