The online racing simulator
Y30 Dedicated Host (incompatible)
(29 posts, started )
Very nice
servers up and appear to be running (according to LFS World) Ta Scawen
Quote from franky500 :servers up and appear to be running (according to LFS World) Ta Scawen

Oh, so we were waiting on you eh?
Quote from scoobyrbac :Oh, so we were waiting on you eh?

no, im working ahead of time to make sure that nobody is waiting on anybody.. just getting a couple of hosts up ready for people to play on straight away.
Quote from franky500 :no, im working ahead of time to make sure that nobody is waiting on anybody.. just getting a couple of hosts up ready for people to play on straight away.

Alright...
All Storm-Servers customers are able to install this patch on there servers when they want to update
Quote :All Storm-Servers customers are able to install this patch on there servers when they want to update

Killed me server installing it

Host as a different game code

Mick
Quote from Mikjen :Killed me server installing it

Host as a different game code

Mick

it will do that until your client is on the same test patch (Y30 is incompatible with all current LFS Versions)
Quote :All Storm-Servers customers are able to install this patch on there servers when they want to update

I presumed he was ??

Mick
when i say your client, i mean the game that you run, locally, on your computer to race with.

If the host has been updated to Y30 then until your own game is also Y30 you will not be able to join it. But when Y30 is released you will be able to patch up to that and play.

I should mention that i dont have any affiliation with Storm Servers and was just making the point that you can update your server now if you wish but you will have to wait until Y30 client (the game you play on) is released before you can play on it. Some people prefer to do this so that their server(s) will be online straight away for a new patch.
Ahhh sorry Franky, i get it now
in any sense Y30 is out now, so enjoy
Quote from franky500 : in any sense Y30 is out now, so enjoy

Thanks.
[LFSNZ]5 is updated to Y30 (just leaves the other 4 to when the users get the patch).
Dedi Host
Um, ok. Now that the new patch is out, noone can join my Dedicated Host,and neither can I because I updated as well. I clicked on the link to download the new Dedi. But the link is invalid. Please, someone tell me where I can get the Dedi. that runs with this patch. Thanks.
DEDI Host
Alrighty. So, now I have the new DEDI running. My server shows up in the Master List of servers. However, when anyone, including me, clicks on the Go button, it sais "Host not found on Master Server." Whats up with that? If ya wanna try diagnosing this personally, my server is (FA)FastAmericans (FastAmericans in white text). Thanks
Update
Ok, here is an update on my situation. It seems as though I, and others, can get into my server SOMETIMES by using "JoinSPecific" if we type in the server name PRECISELY, (With colors and everything perfect). But even then its not 100% of the time that it lets us in. None of us have yet been able to connect by going through the normal way (By way of the master list of servers). It still tells us "Host not found on MasterServer"
Can you post here the actual host name text used in the setup.cfg file?

Just the text from the /host=xxxxx command.

Then I can have a look in the morning and see if it I can figure anything out.
Quote from Scawen :Can you post here the actual host name text used in the setup.cfg file?

Just the text from the /host=xxxxx command.

Then I can have a look in the morning and see if it I can figure anything out.

// host name
/host= ^4(^7F^1A^4)^7FastAmericans

If it makes any difference, we also run the latest LFSLapper. On that note, all of our PBs seem to have disappeared. Thanks.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG