The online racing simulator
=)

Kinda these you place on the wheel and at certain revolution rates the lights will make a picture
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Bob, I'm disappointed in you...where's the neon pads and the NAWZ Dot 21 brake fluid? I thought you were committed to this idea

Well you can't see inside the brake pipes. I've got some extra virgin dot 21 fluid on order though - just you wait.

I'm not interested in the bling though. This is a serious racing machine. No other car will be able to fry eggs as well or as fast. Maintaining a minimal quality standard is important. We're not Minardi.
See-through brake lines then?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :See-through brake lines then?

That would work, as long as the brake fluid is glow in the dark =)
It's gonna be neon, glow in the dark, translucent, fluorescent, hypervescent, uber-virgin Dot 21. And it's going to go on a Peugot 106
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It's gonna be neon, glow in the dark, translucent, fluorescent, hypervescent, uber-virgin Dot 21. And it's going to go on a Peugot 106

LOL With a big rear F1 wing and wide body kit? Don't forget you go faster with a stock engine and lots of stickers, especially NOZ!!!1111!! ones.
Yup Didn't you know bolting on the heaviest crap you can find makes you go faster
I knew I was doing something wrong...
Quote from Jamexing :Oh sorry, I had no idea that people who can't even understand servo control (which is relevant from everything such as control by wire to too many to mention) is smarter than me.

Oh dear. Next thing I know everyone INSISTS that someone who fails algebra is smarter than me.

I had no idea that views that are based on physical/mathematical understanding, practical experience and serious thought are actually unusual. Next thing I know, to oppose racism is abnormal. Oh dear.

No you don't need to have an automotive eng degree to know cars. just lots of understanding of engineering theory, practical experience and lots of learning from reputable sources (such as SAE, IEEE, etc.). Simply working as an engineer these days might mean diddly squat, since anyone can be a monkey working for a small number of engineers that actually know what they're doing. In RL engineering practice, there are all sorts of people like every other field. There are some that take credit for other's work, others that DO work but are nothing more than grunts and there are those who REALLY know and work their stuff but still end up with jack s**t. Only a TINY number of people actually get what they really deserve, and that's life.

What I find so shocking these days is that people aren't really that good (if any good) at what they're supposed to specialize in at all. And to be told that I am of inferior intellect because I actually bother to think about, investigate, learn and understand stuff to what some my say are hardcore levels of depth? Insanity.

WOW, get over it man.
This thread has become very peculiar, but it nearly made me cover my keyboard in tea, so that's alright then. Keep it up!
Quote from tristancliffe :it nearly made me cover my keyboard in tea

Only nearly? Quess we must work harder.

Besides my dad doesn't need tinfoil to make discs. That's for amateurs.
He uses old tea bags and banana peels.

I tried it myself but I think I got the mixture wrong because slipped on them. But that must be because I can't do laplace transforms.
Or maybe you're blond?
Nope. I'm a brunet.
Ah. So it MUST be this Laplace whatever messing up with you. If you want my advice a good hit between his eyes with a hammer onr any other tool of the same shape and weight might do the trick.
Always pleased to help
Quote from tristancliffe :I've driven quite a lot of road cars, on quite a variety of roads, at quite high speeds (when I was younger and more foolish), and never once experienced brake fade due to pads boiling or exceeding the temperature range of my pads. I have, however, suffered green-fade a few times when pushing new pads hard, but that is to be expected (but not encouraged!)

was looking at some old improvement suggestions and found this
Quote from tristancliffe :I cooked the brakes on my old 306 once. Pedal went all mushy, and no amount of bleeding, changing discs and pads, rebuilding the master cylinder etc could cure it.

So I sold it It wasn't unsafe, just never felt as good as it had done...

I don't think that was pad, fluid or green fade though, because otherwise replacing the bits I did would have helped... Something else went wrong with the car, and I don't know if it was temperature related or not (I suspect not).

It was probably because the car was French, and they can't make cars.
Quote from March Hare :Oh BTW. My dad can do laplace transforms in his sleep and he has majored in math and physics and computer scienses in the university and all that so he is smarter than you.

i can do them without even thinking while being awake... try to beat that
on a more serious note he wouldnt perchance like to try his hands on a nasty fourier transform with singularities and everything?
If you'll send me the formulae I'll ask him what he thinks.
Ok this thread is a bit long for such a simple suggestion. Since I did not read the whole thing I will just say this. I do not see a problem with removing the max brake pressure setting option from the setup screen for based on whether brake is mapped to an anolog control or not.

If it is then remove the option and set it to a predefigned setting. If not mapped to an anolog control show the setting and allow the user to adjust the max pressure as they lack the ability while racing to esaly modulate braking force.

Makes it more realistic for people with peddels while still being accessable to people without.
ok im not exactly sure what u guys are talking about but to clear up a few things

i run normal road pads and dot4 fluid in my car and 235-40-17 tyres

when i raced on the track the first time
after 2 laps tyres were to hot at 27 PSI along with brake fade

fade was geting worse every lap
on lap 6 the brake pedal hit the floor and had no braking what so ever the fluid was fuked.
after i let the car sit for a few hours my brakes were fine

and i have no abs or brake bias but the feeling of the pedal didnt help me to not lock the wheels that much
-
(Christopher Raemisch) DELETED by Christopher Raemisch : why bother...
Quote from Gimpster :Ok this thread is a bit long for such a simple suggestion. Since I did not read the whole thing I will just say this. I do not see a problem with removing the max brake pressure setting option from the setup screen for based on whether brake is mapped to an anolog control or not.

If it is then remove the option and set it to a predefigned setting. If not mapped to an anolog control show the setting and allow the user to adjust the max pressure as they lack the ability while racing to esaly modulate braking force.

Makes it more realistic for people with peddels while still being accessable to people without.

Gimpster, you must have missed my post.

Take out the max brake force and put it at a predefined setting. At what setting are you going to put it at? With an FZR, I would have no brakes if I had the squashball mod done in my pedals as I sometimes do if you put it at the normally seen 1600-1900. Predefine it to what I would use with the squashball mod and you will lock your brakes up by breathing on the pedal with the brake force at around 2900 (guessing, I haven't had the squashball in for quite some time.)

It's just not as simple as "you have an analog controller thus you should use pedal modulation" as all controllers are different and folks also mod theirs to be very different.
Quote from mrodgers :Gimpster, you must have missed my post.

Take out the max brake force and put it at a predefined setting. At what setting are you going to put it at? With an FZR, I would have no brakes if I had the squashball mod done in my pedals as I sometimes do if you put it at the normally seen 1600-1900. Predefine it to what I would use with the squashball mod and you will lock your brakes up by breathing on the pedal with the brake force at around 2900 (guessing, I haven't had the squashball in for quite some time.)

It's just not as simple as "you have an analog controller thus you should use pedal modulation" as all controllers are different and folks also mod theirs to be very different.

Isn't that what the adjusting the "center" is for?
In the end does it really matter? Even in a real car you can adjust this by altering the size of the rotors, the number of cylinders/caliper and the brake boost/pressure feeding the system by using a different master brake cylinder. So who really cares if its alterable. People that set it not lock on full push are loosing out on maximum braking power as you can often brake much harder if you slowly bring up the pressue. I always set it high enough to lock all 4 tires at the end of a long brake run.
Hey guys, as most of you i've been laughing during the read of this thread. (ps. Dont let the low post count fool you as me being new, i've been reading this boards usually once a week, on and off, for the last few years). Anyways, as I was laughing because the forum's biomedical engineer posted a Laplace transform to illustrate being smarter (??), I also noticed a few posts that replied with something like this:

Quote from ajp71 :Biomedical engineering has absolutely no relevance to car braking systems.

I want to rectify this. I study mechanical engineering in Delft, Holland, and I've designed and produced a disc brake for a bike in my first year. Although that's not the same as a car brake, it is not too far off, and this is basic engineering 101. Biomedical Engineering (BE) however, is a 2 year Master, which requires the Mechanical engineering bachelor diploma to enter.

So it is safe to assume that a biomedical engineer knows its way around mechanical systems. Also the Systems&Control (SC) part, is all about modelling reallife situations into formulas, and someone experienced in (SC) is generally quite good in understanding how a process works.

Concluding: I'm saying (BE) is a serious occupation that creates tools for better operations or small mechanical systems to replace bodyfunctions, which in my opinion is a lot more difficult (but in the same area) as engineering a brake.

Continue.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG