The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
I'm getting really annoyed now.

This is the TEST patch forum where Scawen kindly asks us to report only problems on his current work. But it seems like 80% doesn't care and simply just spams on as in the other subforums.

It's really annoying to keep track of things already reported when they
a) are hidden between the unbelieveble amount of crap which gets posted here from time to time,
b) blowing the thread up by several pages when actually having nothing important / usefull to say.

I understand than some of you are "excited" to have a closere insight on what's in developement, but this is just joke what some are posting here.

Please, If you don't have to contribute anything which is at least related to the TEST patch stay f****** out of this subforum and make it easier for the rest of us.

Thank you.

//
sorry for the off topic
I didn't know.. Since i saw him test FBM so..
But you say over half of them are nor real, what about the others?

New Q: What cars have you tested in LFS in real life

Edit: Sorry Three jump, didn't read the post
Quote from aroX123 :I didn't know.. Since i saw him test FBM so..
But you say over half of them are nor real, what about the others?

New Q: What cars have you tested in LFS in real life

Edit: Sorry Three jump, didn't read the post

All cars in LFS are fictional except the Formula BMW, Formula 1 and the MRT.

And I suppose he only drove the FBM in real life.
Quote from -V-Max- :All cars in LFS are fictional except the Formula BMW, Formula 1 and the MRT.

And I suppose he only drove the FBM in real life.

And Raceabout...
Thanks
i hope it fixes my crash,
after 30 min, lfs allways crashes, once i got a bsod, might be my psu, might be lfs
Quote from Scawen :Some new keys have been added :
1) Single frame step : ',' or '.' (SHIFT + ',' or '.' = one second step)

It still doesn't work at all with a french keyboard.

Suggestion: why not using the cursor keys for this feature when watching at a replay and not being in Shift+U mode ? This should be compatible will all keyboard layouts.

You could even use the Up and Down keys for other steps (e.g. 10 seconds step and 1 minute step when used with Shift). Usefull for very long replays like endurance races ones
If that keys are compatible with all other features in the game it could be a step in the right direction
Quote from kiss me :i hope it fixes my crash,
after 30 min, lfs allways crashes, once i got a bsod, might be my psu, might be lfs

I'd say that's almost guaranteed to be your computer in some way. There's nothing LFS could do to BSOD your computer, unless it's rubbing a buggy driver the wrong way (unlikely and still not LFS' fault).
Quote from kiss me :i hope it fixes my crash,

I had that same problem when i trie dto run Y24 with High res extrapack.
did a fresh install with only Y24 and that sorted the problem.
Q6600+88ooGTX+3gb ram....
might be a hint..might be another useless comment..but i try
well since y24, no crashes so far...
i do think its the psu tho, i had it before, buying budget psu's...
overloading them, cuz my system demands to much power wich the psu can give...
just gotta buy a new one...
cuz i can use my pc, when not playing games, so when the psu isn't loaded to much
ok, this is more of a vista thing i belive, Me on my computer is not an admin, because my dad doesnt trust me..IDK Y but anywho. Y must it be admin to install it, I can not extract and run it without admin permmisions. Any way of avoiding that?
Install the game in your user directory (Documents or something) and it should work fine. You have write permissions in there.
Why do I get this horrible reflection off my steering wheel centre???

Attached images
Eww.jpg
Because of the improvement. Why dont you like that?
Does it not look to you like somebody's put a glass bowl on my steering wheel?

Seriously... I hate it
Well you modded the damn thing. The original wheel looks just fine. Tough. Now, could we please stop spamming this thread with all this nonsense?
i might be a bit slow with this, but how long have the FXO XFG etc headlights been 3d, ie lens is seperate from the glass....
Its the texture not 3D lights.
ummmm nope using DEFAULT textures the lens's are now seperate from the outer glass, and i don't recall having seen that before, i'll post a pic...

I don't recall the cars having that much detail ie 3d modelled lenses, but maybe i just missed it in a previous patch a long time ago??
The headlights have been separate from their glass covers in all versions of LFS the public has ever seen.

This is a test patch thread and you should only be reporting issues that have come up in the new test patches and were not there before, or serious issues that must be resolved before Patch Z.

"General LFS discussion" in this thread is just spam. Please avoid it to save us time - time is tight approaching Patch Z.
Have install the test patch y22, but can´t start the game. i have vista and when i try to start i get the failure text box "could not load font". pls help anyone quick. thx
Apparently that is Vista trying to protect you against something, and I've heard the solution is to run LFS as administrator.
Could be possible you installed "Y19 to Y22 patch" without Y19? It is the same error if you do this way
i am admin and a install the x to y22 patch! so is there no solution how i can fix it?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG