The online racing simulator
LFSTweak Competition: 1/4 Mile Monster!
Hello fellow tweakers! I present to you a challenge! This challenge is to make the fastest quarter-mile car you can. The only rule is the tires can't show through the body at any point on the car, or overlap each other. Other than that, you can do anything. Make a 10-pound car, a 12L V12 with 600000 pounds of boost, some wacky super wide wheeled thing, you name it. Any of the three cars can be used. Slicks are recommended! Post your tweak and a replay, or a video, or a screenshot.
A little warm-up...
Attached images
lfstc1_xrg_9.jpg
heres mine
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Not bad. I have drag never finished under 9 sec...
hehe.. in S1 you could do the 1/4 mile in 2.65 sec^^
I can do 8.36 too
Attached images
lfstc1_xrt_8.36.jpg
#7 - ORION
[EDIT2]
hm i thought it displays the times always, not just in hlvc laps... however, attached the presets now (too lazy to take screens :P)
8.09 - gti
8.06 - gt
(default tyre sizes... and R2)
[/EDIT]

well, i actually didnt want to install that tool heh

posting the replay, because nobody would believe a screen from me

Just remove the .txt in the filenames...
Attached files
8-06_gt.spr - 9.2 KB - 994 views
8-09_gti.spr - 9.7 KB - 643 views
drag_gt_8-06.twk.txt - 165 B - 1161 views
drag_gti_8-09.twk.txt - 141 B - 673 views
You can scrap those replays, they will be OOS unless you provide the presets you drove those times with
#9 - Jakg
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :hehe.. in S1 you could do the 1/4 mile in 2.65 sec^^

but due to tire wear and fuel load you have to be bound by more rules
I've pulled mid 5s with meckanik....I haven't checked out the new tweek.
#11 - neRu
neRu, this competion is only for LFSTweak, not Mecanik
At some point they're going to have to make some tires that are soft enough for you to get off the line really fast. It would also be nice to be able to warm them up first and not be stuck at the line until the green light, so that you can actually false start.

An 8.50 at 200mph with 2400HP doesn't make sense considering an 1100HP Grand National ran an 8.60 at 160mph. I guess since it's an unofficial add-on, it's excusable.
Drag racing is all about your start and how quickly you get up to speed. We lack two things in LFS Tweak to make good times - proper drag tyres (i.e. pull 4gs longitudinal instead of 1.4) and downforce to make use of all the power.
Patch Q is the problem

MechaniK is for patch P

Use LFSTweak S2.
Quote from Bob Smith :Drag racing is all about your start and how quickly you get up to speed. We lack two things in LFS Tweak to make good times - proper drag tyres (i.e. pull 4gs longitudinal instead of 1.4) and downforce to make use of all the power.

all about the start right?

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7812/nice6xi.jpg
#18 - saft
Here is mine 7.99 with very little time on the XRG.
Attached images
7.99XRG.JPG
piece of cake XF Gti i did 7:82 (even .81 once with luck forgot to save the twk file of that)..

ok somehow i get OOS errors during replay.. if load tweak and replay doesnt work change "REDLINE" to "1" and then back to "1.1" or something like that.. its weird and i dont know why this happens.. freaking me out .. but anyway if it works .. enjoy this monster gti

greetings : «Øs»ÐRäGK!NG
Attached images
782.jpg
Attached files
782.spr - 9.1 KB - 482 views
XF GTI_dragtweak.set - 132 B - 678 views
782twk.zip - 247 B - 766 views
i duno why i got it it was just on that car? only skin i had for it so
7.67 with the XRT.
Attached images
767.JPG
i tried XRT .. 7:93 is my record.. i couldnt get close to 7.67..

u sure u used lfstweak not mekanik (and no slickmod either)

if u got that time by lfstweak only u did it nicely
Yes, LFSTweak only. No other mods.

The set I'm posting could be slightly different since I played around with it a bit after the 7.64, but it should still be good for like high 60's with the right launch. Be careful not to overrev the engine at the start.
Attached images
764.JPG
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_drag.set - 132 B - 783 views
drag.twk.rar - 194 B - 638 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG