The online racing simulator
Setup Field vs. Setup Grid.
(79 posts, started )

Poll : Which One Has The Higher Quality Setups?

Equal
Quote from Bawbag :And what's setupfield....GP1???? Sorry but that's just plain fanboi bollox, same with alland, what crap.

On about stealing ideas and stuff, what happend in WRC when paddle shifters started getting used, you didn't see those teams complaining when others followed and made them better?

Apart from the fact that there is other setupfields for differn't games which have been around for a long time aswell, it's so stupid that you guys could even think of calling it copying.

Even though I don't use either of the setup sites, from what i've saw of them i'd say the new setupgrid is better, the layouts and mostly I guess is the freshness of it.

I don't follow WRC so I don't really have any idea what you are talking about

But I just tried to point out that running such a contest like Setupgrid's 'most sets posted'-contest won't bring any quality sets at least.. For money people do whatever to get it (topic was about quality now wasn't it :razz

For different topic as copying stuff etc.. No comment as this thread isn't about that at all

Personally I use setupfield, just for the record
Quote from BenjiMC :Setups are user dependant. So that arguement is simply blunt since quality of sets is equal on both sites tbh. Same as quantity...

The difference is in functionality/eye candy, where i'll let you make your own decisions.

yes, that's is the main point here, some people might find completely different sets suitable for them, and where they find those is just down to luck.

Allowing public to upload setups on setupfield has had an effect of some sets with questionable credibility, but having checked some of those myself, I can assure you that despite the crap laptime it was posted with, the setup could be useful for somebody on that track (or as a base for another track) as it did not have totally weird values. Somebody may find that setup to be the best for him/herself.

Most people use these setups as a base anyways and tweak them to their liking, it is all about having something to start with, both sites allow this for the user.
Quote from (FIN)Eza :I don't follow WRC so I don't really have any idea what you are talking about

But I just tried to point out that running such a contest like Setupgrid's 'most sets posted'-contest won't bring any quality sets at least.. For money people do whatever to get it (topic was about quality now wasn't it :razz

For different topic as copying stuff etc.. No comment as this thread isn't about that at all

Personally I use setupfield, just for the record

In case you don't know, for someone to win, the setups he/she uploaded must be good quality, since the admins will test each one of them.
Quote from Bawbag :And what's setupfield....GP1???? Sorry but that's just plain fanboi bollox, same with alland, what crap.

On about stealing ideas and stuff, what happend in WRC when paddle shifters started getting used, you didn't see those teams complaining when others followed and made them better?

Apart from the fact that there is other setupfields for differn't games which have been around for a long time aswell, it's so stupid that you guys could even think of calling it copying.

Even though I don't use either of the setup sites, from what i've saw of them i'd say the new setupgrid is better, the layouts and mostly I guess is the freshness of it.

My name is Allan D 44 - Not alland (alland44)

"Some birds feed on dead meat, and some birds hunt for fresh meat. I like those birds who hunt for the fresh meat"

"If one walks in another mans footsteps, then you can never ever overtake that man"

Let this be my absolutely last comment to this matter
Put it this way, one caveman sat in his cave cold in some bear skins. While another caveman went and discovered fire.
Quote from BenjiMC :Put it this way, one caveman sat in his cave cold in some bear skins. While another caveman went and discovered fire.

I can`t comment on this matter, because I stated the last comment was my last. Sorry mate
Sounds like someone's got an axe to grind.
Aaah i was just waiting for this thread to turn into a bitch fight between inferno and 3id, hopeuflly it might still happen
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Aaah i was just waiting for this thread to turn into a bitch fight between inferno and 3id, hopeuflly it might still happen

and why would that be good for you?... or us?....
For me/community, entertainment

For you, the chance to have a good bitch

btw, it was meant as a joke no need to get your panties in a twist...
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Aaah i was just waiting for this thread to turn into a bitch fight between inferno and 3id, hopeuflly it might still happen

(I use both setup sites..)
-
This is strting to look like my country's parliament.
Of course everyones gonna have their own opinion and attitude and there's no need for insulting their projects.
You all give out suggestions and noone has an idea how much effort was out into it. To be honest I know nothing about Infreno since when I started driving that setupfield was already there but I know full well ho much effort Jack put into his project.
Take a step back, few people have said "good job guys for trying to make something like this".
Of course, I have my own opinion and thats setupgrid and not because setupfield looks bad or anything, but because I was in 3id and I know they try hard, but again, that's probably what Inferno is doing just that they probably have little time to finish it up and tweak it.
Where's your project since you're going around pointing fingers?!? Yea thats what I thought...
-
I'm really happy to have setupgrid around, cause tbh, I'm tired of going to this dark site of inferno lol!
The site is kinda emo!
Quote from RudiTurbo :I'm really happy to have setupgrid around, cause tbh, I'm tired of going to this dark site of inferno lol!
The site is kinda emo!

Lmao,

BIO!
emohazard is mah babe
Had never heard of SetupGrid until I read this thread (I'm not paying much attention to this forum or LFS much anymore...)

In patch Y all my setups needed changed and I haven't been racing LFS like I was, thus didn't have the time to tweak for the patch. I have downloaded quite a few from Inferno.

Previous to that, through patch X, all of my setups were my own tweaks from clear back before patch P. Or at least when ever that April 2006 tire patch was. Previous to the April 06 update, my sets were mild tweaks from online racers, league racers (way back in the NAL), or Inferno downloads. From the tire update patch and on, I had always worked on what I had to get them to work in later patches until the latest with the RPM change and the clutch/gear change stuff.

I still have to change Inferno sets quite a bit to get them drivable past swapping ends in the first corner. I have to check out this SetupGrid thing.
I Vote For Inferno.

Setup grid look´s Better,thats Right.But the Better Set´s You Only Find on Inferno.(i Think)
Quote from baSh0r :Remember Guys. We do all this stuff for YOU, for the Setups and for LFS

bootlicker
I voted for setup grid since I all take my race sets from there now.
I make my own setups, but since I suck both at driving and at making setups from time to time I go shopping just to see what choices other people make and learn from them.

So far, I've had more luck with 'Field rather than 'Grid.
Setup quality: Inferno. Good setup and a lot of combo aviable.
But since we can download the setup in game with the setupgrid's app, my preference go for SetupGrid.

Team Inferno should realy think about updating their website. It look quite old and the setup table take age to load
Quote from shadow2kx :Team Inferno should realy think about updating their website. It look quite old and the setup table take age to load

we know that very well and we have updates coming sometime in the future, so don't worry about us
Quote from csurdongulos :we know that very well and we have updates coming sometime in the future, so don't worry about us

Glad to hear that! It would be a great thing. Your team website is up and running since in joined LFS and I can't count the times I browsed it. I just hope that "sometime in the future" is not too far
my vote to setupgride

Setup Field vs. Setup Grid.
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG