The online racing simulator
Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread
(177 posts, started )
Get it while it's hot! (Get it?)

http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/

Best team-based FPS around, IMO. Would love to see a bunch of you guys try it out this weekend.

(Yes, it requires Steam.)
Dude thanks for the Notice
Cool, thanks DWB.
For all those that haven't purchased TF2 yet, whats wrong with you...!

One of the best online FPS ever tbh...
Cheers for this, giving it a whirl now
Well, I downloaded it, but it doesn't run. Just kicks back to the desktop after the Source logo splash screen. I've tried running as admin from the desktop as well, no go.
No way, I've been wanting to try TF2, I used to love TF when I was younger!
The free weekend had to be the weekend when I'm back visiting my parents and only have my laptop

Typical!
Quote from hardcoreobscure :No way, I've been wanting to try TF2, I used to love TF when I was younger!
The free weekend had to be the weekend when I'm back visiting my parents and only have my laptop

Typical!

They will do a free weekend next time they release some unlocks for a new character. At the moment we have Medic and Pyro, Valve are releasing there unlocks once per time as to not upset balance I think...or just to extend its advertising period or both.

TF2 though is extremely good fun, and its only $19.99..
it's rly fun i was on there earlier. I want to buy it.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Well, I downloaded it, but it doesn't run. Just kicks back to the desktop after the Source logo splash screen. I've tried running as admin from the desktop as well, no go.

Have you tried starting the game with -dxlevel 80 or -dxlevel 81 as a command line argument (To do it with steam, you haffto right click on TF2 in the games menu on steam, properties, and set launch options).
Thanks for that- but no luck Do you know the command for changing screen resolution?
Quote from Electrik Kar :Thanks for that- but no luck Do you know the command for changing screen resolution?

-w 1280 -h 1024
Cheers

Apparently, it didn't like D3DOverrider being on. Loads fine now
That's awesome Now if only I could get it to update, cuz the steam servers are ****-busy

EK, It's one of the few games that I think everyone should have, because it's massive amounts of fun, and you can play it for any amount of time and enjoy it, even a 5 minute stint or 5 hours.
Yeah, just had a quick blast then- trying to work out which class suits me best. Probably the heavy Very fun game, great humour too in the character animations. I got pulverised online though..
I have this for PS3 - but we never get any updates. I was going to buy it on steam, but steam doesn't work with my PC...

Oh well, I still have fun with the spy
Quote from Electrik Kar :Yeah, just had a quick blast then- trying to work out which class suits me best. Probably the heavy Very fun game, great humour too in the character animations. I got pulverised online though..

Oh, I get destroyed, but I have fun.
Seems like there's something wrong with Steam, atleast I can't even launch it. Can't get past "Updating Steam..." right after install. I've double-checked firewall and router settings, but in logs there's no sign of any connection attempts by Steam.
That happened to me once before. I can't remember what I had to do to fix it, but I know it involved deleting at least one file.
clientregistry.blob in the steam folder?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :clientregistry.blob in the steam folder?

Deleted that one and now it seems to be working. There isn't many files in the directory so it wasn't hard to test which one I can delete

Edit: Nevermind, it's not. Got fooled by "26% done updating..." tooltip on notification icon as it briefly appeared.
Edit2: No idea what I did but it's working now. I'm just not too sure if I get to play it before "free weekend" is over, it's one damn big installer to download.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Best team-based FPS around, IMO.

Still too many people that lonewolf and do their own thing, which turns me off a bit from playing the game. When there are those few cases of teamplay, it is just way too easy to win, or just way too repetitive.

Best teamplay is PR mod for BF2 ... can't get any better than squad organization and crazy tactics required to win. TF2 is just a Q3 style shoot'em up chaos teamplay. Still fun, but team-based? Not really, unfortunately.
Quote from Crommi :Deleted that one and now it seems to be working. There isn't many files in the directory so it wasn't hard to test which one I can delete

Edit: Nevermind, it's not. Got fooled by "26% done updating..." tooltip on notification icon as it briefly appeared.
Edit2: No idea what I did but it's working now. I'm just not too sure if I get to play it before "free weekend" is over, it's one damn big installer to download.

Well, the updater does actively disappear and reappear when updating. The clientregistry.blob though I think is the one file that holds the whole equilibrium of the steam universe in it, and if it gets swayed somehow, it breaks steam/

(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG