The online racing simulator
Woo getting my Junior Racing License!!
Woop cant wait im doing my Junior License for my 14th birthday in a Renault megane v6 really cant wait costing my parents a bit, but who cares

Then i get to race in saxmax!! and test my mini
#2 - Jakg
Doesn't it feel great to work for something and then earn it yourself?
Yehh cant wait Always wanted just to drive round like silverstone and brands hatch Thats if i pass the test
Good luck mate! I'd give my right arm for a shot at that, although I may then struggle with the test slightly

Think yourself lucky, and pass!
Well Im gonna struggle bad.. iv been learning to drive for 5 months but im getting the hang of it Just succeeded not looking down while changing gear

BTW why dont u have a shot :s its only £750
I'm afraid I don't have £750 to splash out on stuff like this Even if I did have a racing licence, I couldn't really use it as I don't have the money to go racing tbh.

I'm struggling to run my kart as it is, and it's a 4 stroke ffs!
maybe i could do a swap... il give u £700 if u give me... 5k on TC,Good Deal if u think about it!

what do u do in ur 4 stroke..

Anything like buckmore? Bayford meadows? Clay pigeon? whilton mill? lydd?

I Want to know info

or are u up the north
LOL, i'd die of boredom after making 5k on a cruise server!

I race at Warden Law at the moment, i'm pretty much a rookie though, the engine's allready needed one rebuild, but i'm doing pretty good so far in the races
Niccee I done Honda Cadets about 3 years a go, got 2nd in South East Championship

Iv learnt a bit... but i really didnt wana be stuck in a kart.. wasnt progressing but its gr8 fun
#10 - Jakg
#11 - JJ72
what's a 14 year old supposed to work for.
Well i got myself a good Sponser for racing.. thats a good start ? i helped my parents a bit there
you need to post some pics of ur mighty Mini Btw Congratz mate, really good start
not exactly Mighty But i think it is a cool car

EDIT: (oops kinda posted same one twice :o ) GTG for bed
Attached images
DSC00224.JPG
DSC00225.JPG
DSC00226.JPG
sweet man, looks cool Mind telling me how much you got it for?
Quote from Jakg :You missed the part of my post where I said "earn".

You seem like a quite sad person right now Jakg. I don't understand your attitude and your mindset. I think it's great that people like him have that opportunity, stop ruining it with your "you didn't buy it yourself"-shit.

This doesn't make much sense, might get some sleep.
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :You seem like a quite sad person right now Jakg. I don't understand your attitude and your mindset. I think it's great that people like him have that opportunity, stop ruining it with your "you didn't buy it yourself"-shit.

While yes, it's great this kid has this type of opportunity, however, I believe what Jakg (and myself) see is a significant lack of respect towards his parents.

Quote :costing my parents a bit, but who cares

As this opportunity was created entirely his parents support, I (even as a university student and not a parent myself), take offense to the lack of respect. Lets see him come up with 750 pounds on his own, and wave it around like he doesn't care.

But, regardless, congrats on your opportunity and definitely have fun with everything.
#18 - 5haz
Good luck with getting your junior license!

Don't worry about the ARDS test, it's easy really, just so long as you dont panic and make any daft mistakes, when I did mine at Mallory Park all you had to do was get in a car and drive round a few laps at about 70mph tops and then do a multiple choice theory test which consists mainly (apart from the identifying flags section) of questions that are common sense.

And to Jakg, I understand what you mean, and I do indeed feel very guilty that I have been given the chance to go racing, it makes me feel awfully spoilt. My dad has forked out loads of cash and sweat so that I can go racing, and thats something I will always owe him for, but he loves going racing more than I do, even though he's not the one driving, and so he forks that money out because he wants to, not because I want to.

I'm excited myself as im about to get my full 16+ racing license so I don't have to drive in the ridiculously expensive junior series such as Ginetta and the now dead T-cars, soon I will be able to race in far cheaper club series.
#19 - aoun
When i was 12 years old i wanted to start karting. Ive always enjoyed racing and so i asked my mum (my brother had a kart, he was 21), "Can i get a kart?"

She said No, too expensive, i have to earn it myself. Of course, I'm 12, i cant get a job and buy a kart THEN keep it maintained.

I'm 17 now and been saving, I'm going to get a kart next year and start racing. Ive saved enough to maintain the kart for a long time (meaning race costs, tires, spare parts etc).

In the end, i have earnt it all on my own, i feel big even though i haven't started racing in a league yet, but at the same time, starting at 12 can get you somewhere... starting at 18, unlikely.. prove me wrong.

So IMO, as long as you got the opportunity to get there, parents, friends, whoever, you've gotten there and should take full advantage of it.
I have a question...On a lot of the road racing cars they have X's on their headlights...mind telling me why thats on there for?
Quote from scoobyrbac :I have a question...On a lot of the road racing cars they have X's on their headlights...mind telling me why thats on there for?

Incase of accident the glass doesn't shatter and end up as a road hazard?
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :You seem like a quite sad person right now Jakg. I don't understand your attitude and your mindset. I think it's great that people like him have that opportunity, stop ruining it with your "you didn't buy it yourself"-shit.

I was just pointing out that he hasn't really earned the money at all, and he doesn't care that it's going to cost his parents a fortune. £750 is a lot of cash, but with a job, even one like my old eBay thingy, not hard to earn in less than a year if your 16 with no proper outgoings.

I used to be a bit spoilt - I was given my "old" Dad's PC (which he built to tease me into getting good grades, to give it to me) a few years ago - but it meant nothing. It was just my PC. I hadn't earnt it, really... I then upgraded it with money that i'd got from Christmas, Birthday etc, but still, it was just like the money flew in from somewhere magical. Time came, and about 9 months ago I realised I needed money, which culminated in my highly profitable little PSP battery venture - of course having a rather large income for the first time meant I blew it all (), but every time I look at the things I bought I smile - I earned them. It's nice to be able to take your girlfriend out for a meal, and know that you are paying with the money you earned, etc...

</old-fashioned>

I'm not having a go at you, 5haz, as you'd be a fool not to take free money () but the idea is you are grateful - Jordan doesn't even seem to care.
But why does he need some kind of sweeping "life lesson" from you?

Jealousy of a 13 year old? You really should be better than that.
i see what Jakg is saying, and i do support him, but i also support the fact that if you get this kind of opportunity, then there is nothing wrong to be happy about it.... maybe even showoff abit.... yes its nice to know that your PC was built from your money... yes its nice to buy a present to your family/gf from your money.... but earning money yourself can be hard sometimes, especially when your not old enough to get a job....

Also, if you get a loan from a bank and get a brand new car, its not yours is it? ofcourse you can say that you will work that loan off, and its true, you will have to pay back the money, but you probably needed or wanted that car really badly that you didnt bother whos money it is, aslong as you get it as fast as possible its ok with you.....

So the sane applies, who knows, maybe he will get really good at racing and make a fortune, and not only pay back the 750£ to his parents, but get them a whole new house, cars etc....

Anyways i think it doest really make sense to you, what i am saying is:

Dont bother where others got their money from... if you feel that they dont deserve it just because you worked really hard for it, keep your mouth shut, keep it to yourself.... thats all
Get an onboard camera, use it (you'll need permission forms from each track, but that's easy), and fill youtube or vimeo up with them for our viewing pleasure.

And don't worry about presents/freebies from your parents. In the end you'll become addicted to racing, and spend far more on it then your parents spent initially!!!
-
(Jordan2007) DELETED by Jordan2007

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG