The online racing simulator
Moving "3D" photos, how the hell?
(17 posts, started )
I noticed this thing lately, mostly on TV jingles and commercials... I don't know how to explain it, basicaly a photo comes to life It looks like just the camera zooms on the photo, and i thought that's it, but not quite, there's actually things moving there Don't know if you watched NBA finals, you could see that in commercials beatween quarters and when there were timeouts... There's like a photograph of Cobe (for example) and he actually "moves", like, the guy defending him stays stationary, and Cobe actually risses above him, while keeping the same facial expresion, so it's obviously not slow motion video, everything is just like in the normal photo, but it's just like you "cut" Cobe on some separate layer and move him around, but it's "3D" so it's not some Photoshop trick i think...
Anyone knows what i'm on about? I can't find any example now, but i'm sure someone knows what's this all about... sooo, how do they do it?
I've no idea but i've noticed this recently also it just keeps comming up and i've no idea how they do it, either it's awesome photoshop work (probably is)

actually I bet it is, I thought it was at first and I still think it's just a lot of hours spent behind photo software.

and then it's just layers and the layers move. Basically the idea that Mr Walt Disney had to get his motion captures; images on a layer machine with a scanner atop it all so the background can move, but the foreground will remain.
#4 - JJ72
Actually I remember there's a software out there that can transform 2D images into semi 3D environments. It analyses the picture and figure out the perspective, then it creates a semi 3D model, using the original photo as a texture base.
not sure how its done. maybe photoshop layer works? and not exactly the same, found this and thought it was pretty cool

http://make3d.stanford.edu/
I was about to post that .
found this explaination in the comments of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... qkdcY&feature=related

Quote :I used photo shop to separate the photographs in 4 or 5 laysers with. I airbrushed out the forground elements from the background layer. Then I imported them into sony vegas (however after effects will work just fine) and used the keyframe to to resize each layer at it's in and out points.

Yah - a more advanced movement would require you to restore the background/hidden elements.
lol one problem glyphon, good idea but you chose the wrong focal point; the crew guys are what are in focus in that picture, not the car, thus you should have done it the other way around, instead you land up focusing on something.. out of focus and really blurry!

good job nonetheless though, looks good
hmm...good point
You can do it in another way to, you make 2 pictures, one is for the left eye, and one for the right, and you make the left picture at one point, and the right picture 5/6cm to the right (same as space between eyes) and then you make on picture blue, one picture red (can be done in other ways) and put them together in a special program, grab yourself some 3D glasses, and voilá!
yes, that would make a 3d picture, but not a "moving" one.

you can also do 3d stereoscopic photography by taking a picture, and shifting ever so slightly to one side and taking the picture again. put the images together in photoshop, and then use special glasses or just cross your eyes until the images merge, and voila, 3d. but again, not moving

instructions and more examples, again, not moving
Tried the cross-eyed technique...
I have it to the point where there is 3 images but they're all blurry. Now I have an eyesore.
It's interesting but I can't seem to do it too well.
Edit: Nevermind. When I cross my eyes I tend to focus on something very close to my face so all I had to do is look very closely at the image. I can't hold it for long but it is striking. It also gives me a bigger eyesore so now I have to rest.
my guess would be 2 slightly different angles.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG