The online racing simulator
#26 - Jakg
Quote from Don Merino :Duh...
Seems you're right and I don't know jack.
I had never heard of a V5 engine before.

errrr, Beetles? Certain Golfs?
#27 - kone
Quote from danowat :I would be inclinded to say there is a problem with sharing tweaks, kones R32 has 400,000bhp, and this is what that sort of power does to the poor XFG illepall .

Umm.. I don't know but when I made it, it had 241bhp and everything was fine. When I load it now, it has only 155bhp and everything's messed up. LFSTweak shows that the engine is a 3189cc V6 but in game it's a V4. Not my fault
#28 - Vain
That depends wether your VB-dlls use a , or . as comma.

Vain
You'd know if you had read the posts

When saving presets, they aren't saved culture invariant but with the local decimal settings. So on a german PC a value will be saved as 1,23 and when an UK user reads it with his LFSTweak it will be transformed to 123 and vice versa.
I've pretty much finnished making a corvette C5 out of the xrt. the only thing is i'm not sure quite how the suspension/lsd and wheel pressure are set on the car in real life so i'm asking for help .

I'll further finetune the engine later. its pretty damn close but i need help with suspension. Here's the preset. and i've also uploaded a setup with the correct gear ratios.
Attached files
corvette c6.rar - 219 B - 666 views
XR GT TURBO_Corvette SETX.rar - 223 B - 686 views

I would honestly like to see V5 engines in mass production motorcycles, it is quite a ingenious idea to fit one of those in a bike. 3 cylinders facing front, 2 cylinders facing behind, leaving space for gearbox and clutch to make a tight package. And the Honda MotoGP V5 engine sounds... *feints*

Sorry for offtopic
Quote from yodman :By the way guys, feel free to request some tweaks from me, as I'll be glad to do them as I have time!
Yod

Welcome Yodman

Seeing as you offered, how about a Trabant, a Lotus Esprit Turbo and a Mercedes Mclaren SLR. what do ya reckon?
Hmm...a Trabant, eh? Shouldn't be too bad, even though I don't truly know the car...The Esprit Turbo is a good choice, and an SLR? Sweet stuff...I'll see what I can whip up in the next couple hours!

Yod
#34 - axus
Here's my first two efforts:

BMW M5 E60
BMW Z4 M Coupe Racing Car

No setups for now

It is quite easy to get the specs right with LFS Tweak now though! Its great!
Attached files
M5.rar - 197 B - 599 views
Z4 M Coupe Racing.rar - 224 B - 416 views
A corvette C6 has a 6.0L V8, not a 5.7L
#36 - wak
As for the V5 engines, the only mass production cars with real V5 engines (developed from VR6 2.8L, known from the times of Golf MKII crosscountry) are VW´s 2.3L with 2 or 4 valve technology. They are in Golf, Bora/Jetta and Passat models. Other car makers like Volvo, Audi and some others use inline 5.

My Ferarri F50 tweak with proper setup coming soon..
Quote from DratsaB :Welcome Yodman

Seeing as you offered, how about a Trabant, a Lotus Esprit Turbo and a Mercedes Mclaren SLR. what do ya reckon?

Guess what? I have them done already! I chose the Trabant 1.1...Yes, I realize they're all slow cars, those Trabants...I chose a 1993 Lotus Esprit Turbo S4, the 265 hp 2.2 liter turbo 4-banger, and the SLR McLaren from 2005 with its 5.4 liter supercharged V8 and 617 hp!

As per usual, Ihave included both tweaks and sets for them...feel free to modify my setups as I know they aren't up to par with some people's setup skills...Please enjoy!

Yod
Attached files
Trabant_1.1_&_03_SLR_McLaren_&_93_Esprit_Turbo.zip - 1.4 KB - 538 views
Quote from wheel4hummer :A corvette C6 has a 6.0L V8, not a 5.7L

i meant to say c5
about the v5..

the engine to talk about when it comes to 5 cylinders, is the audi straight 5! the V5 was hardly ever used, am i right? can't say i've heard to much talk of the v5.. but on the other hand the straight 5 engine is more like a stroke of genious!

and because i love this engine som much, i thought i'd share a lfstweaks2 setup..
Attached files
audi_l5_turbo.rar - 205 B - 383 views
Quote from yodman :Guess what? I have them done already! I chose the Trabant 1.1...Yes, I realize they're all slow cars, those Trabants...I chose a 1993 Lotus Esprit Turbo S4, the 265 hp 2.2 liter turbo 4-banger, and the SLR McLaren from 2005 with its 5.4 liter supercharged V8 and 617 hp!

As per usual, Ihave included both tweaks and sets for them...feel free to modify my setups as I know they aren't up to par with some people's setup skills...Please enjoy!

Yod

Cheers mate, there all great, Lotus is lots of fun ty

Did you mean for the SLR to be based on the XRGT Turbo? 'cause the .set included was for the XRGT, but the .twk is based on the Turbo.
Viper SRT-10
Here is a Tweak and Setup (XRT) for a 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10

HP/TQ Figures are precise:
501HP @ 5593RPM (actual is 500@5600)
524LB/FT @ 4216RPM (actual is 525@4200)

Tire size & Gearing is ALL Viper!

Differential is viscous since that's closer to how the real one behaves (It's speed sensing, NOT torque sensing in a Viper - partially hydraulic, but the Viscous setting in LFS is way closer to the real viper than the current LSD would be)

Weight and weight distribution are bang on as well.

Attached files
2006SRT10.zip - 479 B - 557 views
#42 - axus
3 more from me:

Koenigsegg CCX Road car (Road Super tyres)
Koenigsegg CCX Race car (same specs but with slicks)
Sportec SPR1

All have 800hp+ and around 900Nm of torque so hang on tight. No setups that make them reasonably easy to drive yet though...
Attached files
Koenigsegg CCX Road.rar - 210 B - 373 views
Koenigsegg CCX Race.rar - 208 B - 389 views
Sportec SPR1.rar - 204 B - 306 views
Its actually a testiment to the LFS engine, that by plumbing in a few figures the sound, power figures and feel of the car are pretty good.

This is a Subaru Impreza, been test driven by a current impreza owner and approved

One with comma's for euro spec systems, one with dot's for UK systems

Dan,
Attached files
Subaru_Impreza.zip - 734 B - 701 views
#44 - axus
There seems to be a bit of a bug with loading some presets... unless the Trabant 601 has a "5.9 Liter inline twin" engine with 23156kW...

These are the engine settings in LFS Tweak that I get:

inline
Off

EDIT: Figured out what it is - it doesn't seem to load the "." position - anyone else get this? It is on other presets too for me.
@axus
Quote from AndroidXP :You'd know if you had read the posts

When saving presets, they aren't saved culture invariant but with the local decimal settings. So on a german PC a value will be saved as 1,23 and when an UK user reads it with his LFSTweak it will be transformed to 123 and vice versa.

#46 - axus
Eye sea. Thanks for the explaination.

The trabant is awesome 2:15.01 on blackwood with it.

Here's my E30 M3 2.3L
Attached files
BMW M3 E30 2.3L.rar - 217 B - 523 views
Quote from yodman :Guess what? I have them done already! I chose the Trabant 1.1...Yes, I realize they're all slow cars, those Trabants...I chose a 1993 Lotus Esprit Turbo S4, the 265 hp 2.2 liter turbo 4-banger, and the SLR McLaren from 2005 with its 5.4 liter supercharged V8 and 617 hp!

Yod

Trabant!!!! hahah classic.... still see them on the road where i am from lol... the engine sound a ding ding ding dang dang ding ding dong ding hahahah will try asap...

has anyone made the Bugatti Veyron yet??? i know Bob Smith said is working on it but hes very busy at the mo
#48 - Jakg
Quote from keltern :the engine to talk about when it comes to 5 cylinders, is the audi straight 5! the V5 was hardly ever used, am i right? can't say i've heard to much talk of the v5.. but on the other hand the straight 5 engine is more like a stroke of genious!

and because i love this engine som much, i thought i'd share a lfstweaks2 setup..

i learnt that for my self, would send the .twk, but it wont let me save it, so ill give you the specs, using the XRT, put a 2.5 straight 5 with a 1 turbo, dont change any other settings, makes a beatiful sound, for actually driving, make it awd with larger (ie about 300) tires!
Heh, I'm driving an Audi 100 CC with an inline 5
19 years old by now with about 345000km on it, but still running much better than many cars half of that age.
#50 - axus
Here's the first drivable hyper-car preset that I have made - McLaren F1

Makes an awesome V12 noise.

EDIT: Added McLaren F1 Race - simmilar specs (as close as I could get them) with slick tyres.
Attached files
McLaren F1 Road.rar - 226 B - 375 views
McLaren F1 Race.rar - 229 B - 401 views
This thread is closed

LFSTweak Presets - Post 'em here! [old thread]
(285 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG