The online racing simulator
Mercury announces a new member
(138 posts, started )
£24 to be in the same team as Ray, No Thanks! (love you really)
Quote from Mbah :

My real S2 account is AMB as you are all so curious,

Ok, sorry to say this, but you suck, and you are not fast ...
kthxbai
Fail!
Quote from PaulC2K :Over TS we were saying it all seemed too good to be true, that someone with so little experience would be able to pick LFS up quick ...

When I first read the announcment that's the first thing that went through my mind I even started to do searches on the guy out of curosity before I found the remaining comments

Even the likes of Modof, wGooden and Bawbag took at least a few weeks to start to get noticed
Quote from mikey_G :I'm curious how you did that, because afaik only moderators can do that, and I doubt moderators just give away IP addresses of s2 members...

Im sure they dont give away IP addresses, which i why i never asked for any IP addresses from them, but i would happily provide them with one in order to get more details about them.
Besides, i dont need an IP for that, i could just ask a forum mod if they can look at mBah's post IPs and see if the same IP has been used for another username, this is something i can do on our forum, but i dont have the user database like here.

Quote from Bob Smith :Hi Paul

For the address:
[removed]

I see two users on the forum:
Mbah
AMB

Those accounts have also tripped our duplicate account detector on the forum, [removed some info based on basic detection methods].

With both of those drivers being S2 licenced we have no problems with them both being used on the forum (assuming they are different people).

I have no idea what goes on in game, that's outside my duties.

Hopefully that is of some help.

Bob

I provided the IP address, as taken from mBah's registration to our forum, and asked for it to be double checked for duplicate forum accounts. Bob confirmed, however it doesnt mean too much, just that our suspicions could well be true, however we simply couldnt confirm it was 1 person, 2 accounts, or 2 people, 2 accounts, 1 computer.

We couldnt come straight out with 'are you AMB' because for 1, if he denied it which he could easily, just by saying he's a mate, we had no answer. Secondly it'd mean he knew we were watching him, so we werent asking too obvious questions (although IMO still too many not to p*ss off geniune new LFSers/new members) just ones we felt we could use to get a better assessment and at least ease our doubts.
At the same time, if he was genuine, we dont want to p*ss them off on the first day, with little/no proof.
At the moment, i dont know the real reason behind why 'mBah' decided to make his confession, but my guess is because Bawbag or one of the lads rumbled him rather than any guilty concience.

To be honest, it was mostly a case of seeing an opportunity of getting a new lfs racer who knows how to drive, just hasnt applied himself to LFS yet, and getting in there before others did.
We're not stupid, he seemed too good to be true (in terms of his claimed potential, with no experience in LFS) and worth taking a chance. When we've signed other drivers, i've set their site account up straight away as its a 2sec job (which i never did, because of our doubts) and i wasnt overly impressed this thread was started or the news put on our site, when we could hold off a while longer, but i wasnt around at the time or aware they were being done.
We've never done this before (as i think the original post says) for an unknown/unproven racer, and from the offset we had suspicions which is why i PM'd Bob about 3hrs after mBah put the wings on.

As Rooble said, it hasnt cost us anything (wasted a few hours of my day though) and it hasnt tarnished our name, we'll carry on as normal.
My guess is AMB/mBah will disappear, and he'll buy another new account in order to play hassle free. Im sure the dev's appreciate another £50 though, courtesy of AMB and his 48hr prank which acheived nothing.
For someone wanting to improve their standard of driving, by learning from the likes of drivers in our team or another team, i wouldnt say he's done too well from it really, hardly prank of the century is it, he's wasted a 2nd account he obviously bought for this use, and got himself kicked out of his original team, and if it provided fun for you Pearcy (or AMB/mBah), for the few hours you knew about it, congrats, but i wouldnt even bother MTV for Ashton Kutcher job

Quote from Mbah :It won't be wasted and certainly goes some way to redeeming himself IMO

...and instead start to tarnish your name, without you having done anything wrong.
Quote from Glenn67 :When I first read the announcment that's the first thing that went through my mind I even started to do searches on the guy out of curosity before I found the remaining comments

Even the likes of Modof, wGooden and Bawbag took at least a few weeks to start to get noticed

yup, with the exception of this occasion, all other drivers we've seen racing for quite some time, and have been well known to us. The only person thats been 'signed' without too much being known about them was our last member, Fox2, and bawbag had raced with him a couple of times in events, and it wasnt a decision made over a couple of hours with half the team having no knowledge of them etc.

Theres only so much double checking you can do, and i dont think there was much more we could have done short of not signing him, and someone certainly would have because plenty were asking. As i said, not sure what the final hurdle was that brought him down, but we'd already seeked assurance from a mod on this forum, and a teammate from AMBs now ex-team we felt we could trust, and i was ready to install additional checks to detect additional/unusual activity on our forum.

Oh well, were coming up to our 4 year Anniversary on Thursday, i'd say our record of driver signings speaks for itself, and the results back that up.
We're more than just a group of drivers, more like a (dysfunctional ) family, and 1 person certainly wont change that.
Sad to see this and glad we never took messy on after him wanting to join dSRC a few months or so ago... what a plank.

It'll blow over pretty quick for Mercury I think.. their only "crime" is being nice to someone who ultimately deceived them.

Haven't raced much in a loooong time now, but the last few times I did was with a bunch of lads from Mercury and although I got my arse well n truly whooped, it was always fun

Regards,

Ian
I certainly wouldn't expect anything negative to come out of this towards Mercury it actually shows you guys aren't nubs and are human

I've always had the highest respect for Mercury, and very much appreciated their friendlyness in helping new guys back in the days when they used to frequent BL1/GTi... yes a loong loong time ago
The story / the thread matches perfectly into the silly season (some call it summer)
Had a good laugh.
That's all you can do: laugh about it and forget it

Cya (real Mercs) on the tracks
Thanks for explaining that side of the story Paul, I can see now there were enough suspicions to warrant a dupe ip check on the forum.

Anyhow, sorry for the whole "who watches the watchers" attitude, and happy 4th anniversary
Quote from BBO@BSR :The story / the thread matches perfectly into the silly season (some call it summer)
Had a good laugh.
That's all you can do: laugh about it and forget it

Cya (real Mercs) on the tracks

yeah same here 1+

it was a good laugh
AMB, been in more teams than anyone I know of.......
#113 - Kaw
Well, I personally have 3 accounts. So I dont blame him :P

But I didnt use mine to scam my way into anyones team

Maybe I should try that ! mKaw. Is comming soon bishes!
Quote from danowat :AMB, been in more teams than anyone I know of.......

Not more than Niko, for sure
#115 - AMB
Look guys, you don't have to like me I know what i've done and i'm not asking to be forgiven, just let the thread die, if you see me online you want to say Hi then I'll say Hi back if not just leave me alone.

@ Danowat: Yes I have been in a lot of teams, but there's a reason for that and if you want the reason feel free to PM me.
Quote from AMB :@ Danowat: Yes I have been in a lot of teams, but there's a reason for that and if you want the reason feel free to PM me.

I'd be interested to hear the reason(s)
Quote from Kaw :Maybe I should try that ! mKaw. Is comming soon bishes!

M-Shag sounds better.
#118 - Dru
Quote from Kaw :Well, I personally have 3 accounts. So I dont blame him :P

But I didnt use mine to scam my way into anyones team

Maybe I should try that ! mKaw. Is comming soon bishes!

but you post pictures of you in girls dresses and claim it's just for 'fun' - you don't need to do any thing else more bizzare mate
I knew that name was familiar...

Quote :Hanson - MMMBah

You have so many teams in this life
Only one or two will last
You're go through all the pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast
And they're gone so fast

Oh so hold on the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
When you get old and start losing your hair
Can you tell me who will still care
Can you tell me who will still care, oh care

Mmmbah, ba du ba dop
Ba du bop, ba du ba dop
Ba du bop, ba du ba dop
Ba du
Mmmbah, ba du ba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du

Plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose
You can plant any one of those
Keep planting to find out which one grows
It's a secret no one knows
It's a secret no one knows
(repeat chorus)

In an mmmbah they're gone
In an mmmbah they're gone. In an mmmbah they're not there
Until you lose your hair. But you don't care
(repeat chorus)

So hold on the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
When you get old and start losing your hair
Can you tell me who will still care
Can you tell me who will still care, oh care
(repeat chorus)

Can you tell me
No you can't 'cause you don't know
Can you tell me
You say you can but you don't know
Can you tell me which team's going to grow
Can you tell me if it's going to be Mercury or DSR
Can you tell me which driver's going to grow
Can you tell me
Don't know oh, You don't know oh
(repeat chorus)

Can you tell me
Can you tell me
Can you tell me
Can you tell me

That's even semi-applicable too
Quote from traxxion :I knew that name was familiar...

You should stop posting the day after your country played football
Fantastic Rene
Quote from traxxion :I knew that name was familiar...

ha, quite the joker. It does seem to fit doesnt it?

Quote from three_jump :You should stop posting the day after your country played football

[ot]Its called SOCCER! Darn non-americans, [/ot]
Quote from greg_slideways :

It involves a foot and a ball, so it's football!
Quote from greg_slideways :

American football - European football. Both can be called football because the two are easy to seperate: American football includes neither a foot nor a ball.
Quote from hyntty :American football - European football. Both can be called football because the two are easy to seperate: American football includes neither a foot nor a ball.

Although A kicker, uses his foot to kick the Ball to the other team at the KICKOFF....Ball and foot both are there.

Mercury announces a new member
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG