The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, since Y14.

You missed a "not"

Quote from MijnWraak :Is it just me, or does LFS not support AA now or something? Pre- Y22 I was all excited with my new video card because I could put 8xs AA and everything was amazing. Now, the jaggies are back and are an eyesore.

Im going to reinstall 19 to see if it's just me.

LFS has built-in AA/AF support since Y14 now, maybe that is somehow interfering with your profiler software? It's definitely still possible to force AA/AF (because I have to force AF as the ingame setting doesn't work for me )
Quote from AndroidXP :You missed a "not"

@MijnWraak: LFS has built-in AA/AF support since Y14 now, maybe that is somehow interfering with your profiler software? It's definitely still possible to force AA/AF (because I have to force AF as the ingame setting doesn't work for me )

oh, I didnt notice
Quote from neRu :Just a thought. What about a multiplayer setup-lock option, so everybody only can use the standard setup, or make it partially lockable, for instance lockable suspension, gearbox/diff, tires and such

That feature has been requested many times in the suggestions sub-forum. This thread and sub-forum are specifically to report about issues with test patches. This is not the right venue for requests.
Quote from FL!P :I just noticed that when you're in shift-u mode, moving the camera (using the arrow keys) changes the sound of the cars in a very weird way. AFAIK, this is new in Y22.

It seems that I'm getting sound distortion very easily now.
I have compared the same replay (18 FBM's at the start of a SO6 race) played with patch Y and patch Y22. The replay was made with patch Y. Default FBM engine sound has been used.

It's obvious that I get sound distortion on Y22 where I get none on Y, watching at the same car and using the same view. I'm not talking about Shift+U mode but about spectator view and on-board view.
I have used the exact same settings in both Y and Y22 as I've copied my whole patch Y folder and then applied patch Y22 over it.

Personal message to FL!P: Brazil!
Not specific to Y22, but a pretty annoying bug:

When doing a layout on any track, it's possible to get into a situation where everyone on the server goes JOOS - OBJS, and no one is able to connect to the server without immediately being booted. At that point, the server has to be restarted to clear the layout and the layout has to be remade.

I haven't been able yet to isolate what exactly makes it happen, but it's happened to me 3x in the last month or so.
Yup, I can confirm that. It happens a lot on Aston, with the hill beside the pits. Objects placed there fall through the ground unless you place them from far away. Then it gives JOOS - OBJS. But I found that the layout works no problem in single player, and it also has no problem if you place the objects in editor mode while on the server. It crashes if you load the layout on the server though
You don't have to restart the server, a simple /axclear will do.
It really is a very annoying bug though.
Seems to only happen when editing the layout online, with others in the server. Can be avoided by editing the layout in single player mode, but still very annoying.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Not specific to Y22, but a pretty annoying bug:

When doing a layout on any track, it's possible to get into a situation where everyone on the server goes JOOS - OBJS, and no one is able to connect to the server without immediately being booted. At that point, the server has to be restarted to clear the layout and the layout has to be remade.

I haven't been able yet to isolate what exactly makes it happen, but it's happened to me 3x in the last month or so.

Quote from morpha :You don't have to restart the server, a simple /axclear will do.
It really is a very annoying bug though.

To add some more info on this, DWB and I were on a server at Blackwood (BL2) and I was editing a locally saved layout while DWB was testing. There seemed to be some kind of issue where I couldn't select an object and then got the JOOS-OBJS error message. The /axclear command did take of the problem without a server restart and I went back on the server, re-loaded the layout and resumed my editing. This very same thing has happened to me probably 5+ times lately. Not really a big deal, but annoying nonetheless.
Quote from tristancliffe :I had a 9800 Pro for about three years, and I never managed to get more than 60fps with everything on, usually a bit less.

LFS is extremely CPU dependent. A 9800pro is only a few % slower than a 6600GT and I get constant 120+ fps in Hot Lapping mode (1280x1024 4xAA 16xAF) with my 6600GT.

it makes less than 10% difference to my fps if I use 0 AA or 4x AA. So basically with today's graphics cards the fps is only limited by the CPU.
I tested patch Y22 I have these results:
Worst track graphic - the same FPS
The same track graphis - worst FPS

I lost some good demoservers. (ZION) maybe it is ok I have not read all info about patch.

MIP filter has strange function now. If I right remember if I had 100% MIP the track was nice and high FPS. Now it is reversed. 0% MIP = ugly track and high fps

My machine:
ASUS A7N8X 2.0
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1913MHz
512RAM
MSI GeForce 5500 FX 128MB
Max FPS = 65
Min FPS = 22
(FPS values can be different I do not remember I can make screenshot with right values if needed)

edit:
I forgot to say my addons
car shine, digital speedo, hi textures sky and track (BL)

2edit:
Happyly it is not so bad as I post here. It is texture filtering / AS I am talking about, I am sorry :-D I see lower fps number, but it is not easy recognize that the game is "slower"
Hi,

I´m running y22patch, when i created a new server and typed /wind 1 or 2 in the game the flags arent moving around, they dissapear when typed 0
but when i change in the menu and restart, then it works.

BTW keep up the good work
thats not a bug. Its always been like that. There is automaticaly no flags when you set the wind to 0.
Can anyone take screenshots with this patch? I can't
How are you trying to make screen shots?

You can either :

- press CTRL+S to save a bmp to your data\shots folder

or

- press ALT+PrtScn to copy an image of the current window to the clipboard

Both seem to work fine here. It would be best if you would give a full description of exactly what you did, what mode you are in, what you pressed, what you expected to happen and what actually happened, so we can try to reproduce the problem.
I'm knocked over by this new patch. Really has made a significant improvement to the overall look of LFS as well as FPS. FPS though is about the same as before though, as I have turned up all the new features to max. Thanks a lot.

The dials though [INCAR] do look rather too clear compared to crappy dashboard gfx though.

Great job
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Can anyone take screenshots with this patch? I can't

This happened to me once before and then I realised I was looking in the SHOTS folder of my old version Y. I mentioned this just in case.
@Scawen: I press Ctrl+S, and look in lfs/data/shots, nothing shows up.

I deleted all my old screenshots to make sure, and tested again, same result
Screenshots definitely still work on Y22. Do you maybe have Vista? If so, does the LFS.exe have access rights to the data/shots folder?
I can also use screenshots in vista - everything works fine. A small text message saying that it has saved "X" file as a screenshot would be nice, though.

Also, In the FBM, the top of the wheel reflects the sky, but the nose of of the car apparently doesnt. (meaning, the car itself when viewed from inside the car doenst SEEM to have reflections).
Quote from Stigpt :Also, In the FBM, the top of the wheel reflects the sky, but the nose of of the car apparently doesnt. (meaning, the car itself when viewed from inside the car doenst SEEM to have reflections).

It does reflect the sky, the problem is more that the way reflections are rendered isn't necessarily correct (?) for all viewing angles. Especially when viewing a surface from a very shallow angle you seem to mostly see the "bottom" part of the sky reflection texture, which is mostly black or otherwise dark. You can verify that by going into Shift+U mode and slowly reducing the height of the camera till you are at the driver's helmet and see how the reflection reacts.
true, true. Small detail -nvm. Now.. about the car breaking apart on collisions...
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@Scawen: I press Ctrl+S, and look in lfs/data/shots, nothing shows up.

I deleted all my old screenshots to make sure, and tested again, same result

that happens to me..
this update would be helpful if my graphics card supported HVS...sigh
Quote from Danas :thats not a bug. Its always been like that. There is automaticaly no flags when you set the wind to 0.

I know there is no flags and the wind powerstations do not spin when i set it to 0 but in this case, when a start a new game and set the wind to 1 or 2 in the game (typing "/wind 1 or 2")the flags pops up but they doesen´t move (like flags on the moon ) o the wind statons doesn´t spin.

It´s not a huge issue, just a notice
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG