The online racing simulator
Graphics card
(28 posts, started )
Graphics card
Hello. Im currently running 20 fps, on single player, and around 10 fps with 6 vehicles +.

I was told about getting a new graphics card, so Ill post my spec and, could you advise me what to get?

Ive currently got a ATI Radeon Xpress 1250.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

2.10GHz, 896Mb ram

Thanks. racer325
for under $150, there's the Nvidia 9600GT. maybe you should get another gig of ram? i think your cpu might bottleneck anything more powerful, but i could be wrong.
Hi, ive been looking around sites, is a Nvidia 7600 GT 256mb any good?

becuase the 9600 is alot dearer and my pc might die?

thx racer325
#4 - Jakg
7600GT is ok, althought a 7900GS is better for around the same price.

What PSU do you have?
How can i check that? I'm not the best with computers ;p
psu= power supply unit. its the big square usually near the back of the case hanging at the top w/ the big fan. it may have the wattage written on the side of the box.
Ah... It's 230V
#8 - Jakg
Wattage (i.e. 350w) not Voltage.
#9 - ZORER
Is ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 slower than ATI Radeon X300??? I have an X300 and AMD athlon x2 3000something+ and i get 50-60 fps while online racing.
It's doesnt Say the Wattage on the back ;s just the Voltage.
Quote from Racer325 :It's doesnt Say the Wattage on the back ;s just the Voltage.

you have to open your computer case. Then youll see the wattage of your psu. It shoud writed somwhere on psu..
I'll do that in a minute, whats the Min wattage?
It isn't so easy, you have to look at the different rails...most OEM PCs have rubbish PSUs that quit as soon as you attach something else, like a GFX card.
We need to check to see if you also need to buy a better PSU.
I think its a 500W
Quote from Racer325 :I think its a 500W

You think or you know?

What you could do would be to:
1) remove your case side panel
2) take a pic of the psu, precisely of the table on it, because there are many nice things written like the amps on every rail and stuff.
Yes it's a 500W
Quote from Racer325 :Yeah im pretty sure it's a 500W =D

Still, it would be very nice to know other specs of the psu.
Ah.. i orderd a 8500GT How much fps would that make the game run at? ))
Quote from Racer325 :Ah.. i orderd a 8500GT How much fps would that make the game run at? ))

I think you could have got something much better if only you had the patience to ask before ordering...the 8500GT is a mid-low end GFX card, it should move LFS good, but don't expect too much.
You could have gotten a better card. And im pretty sure your PC would benefit with some more RAM.
Quote from Racer325 :Ah.. i orderd a 8500GT How much fps would that make the game run at? ))

You really should have asked before buying. Why bother with all this if you're going to just decide on your own? Had you told us first what you were planning to get, we could have stopped you. Now you've gone and bought a fairly slow card.

You have to realize that any 8000 series card is not better than any 7000 or even any 6000 card. The 8500 is simply their newest low-end card and is slower than even a 6800GT (which is their old high-end card - which would have been a much better option, for example.)
Nobody Was posting, i took my computer apart and it didnt have the PSU written on it, i found out it was a 500W but still nobody posted.

So i decided to take things in my own hands, and i bought a 8500GT for 25£ off my mate.
Quote from Racer325 :Nobody Was posting...

Quote from Fabri91 :It isn't so easy, you have to look at the different rails...most OEM PCs have rubbish PSUs that quit as soon as you attach something else, like a GFX card.
We need to check to see if you also need to buy a better PSU.

Quote from Fabri91 :You think or you know?

What you could do would be to:
1) remove your case side panel
2) take a pic of the psu, precisely of the table on it, because there are many nice things written like the amps on every rail and stuff.

Quote from Fabri91 :Still, it would be very nice to know other specs of the psu.

Quote from Fabri91 :I think you could have got something much better if only you had the patience to ask before ordering...the 8500GT is a mid-low end GFX card, it should move LFS good, but don't expect too much.

Plus all the other guys.

oh you bought it off your mate? Never knew you had to "order" from mates.

Was there a waiting list?
aye ive got it installed and it works like a treat.

:Eyecrazy:

Quote :oh you bought it off your mate? Never knew you had to "order" from mates.

Was there a waiting list?

Haha very funny. I made a mistake, in my typing.

Quote :Plus all the other guys.

I could have easily bought a new PSU, i said it's 500W I couldn't be botherd to open up all the case again and take a picture.

I asked, what graphics card, around 50£ area do you advise, i got No results.

Graphics card
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG