The online racing simulator
cant hold drifts
(31 posts, started )
cant hold drifts
i slide out at a good angle but then just spin any tips???????
stop drifting and start racing.
we dont need to know how to hold a drift in racing.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :stop drifting and start racing.

if he likes drifting, let him drift. Do you think you don't need to practise anything in racing?
I like drifting.

Even though I can only do it with the FXR.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :stop drifting and start racing.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :if he likes drifting, let him drift. Do you think you don't need to practise anything in racing?

....And so it starts.
tough
Quote from jayhawk :....And so it starts.

Take cover, woman and children first and in the inmortal words of Iron Maidian.

RUN TO THE HILLS, RUN FOR YOU'RE LIFE.
Quote from apollo1600 :i slide out at a good angle but then just spin any tips???????

Easiest way is to get it sideways, and then hold the revs at about 7x.

Use force feedback to feel what the car is doing, if you can
If you are using a wheel get in 2nd gear and tap the throttle everyonce in awhile to keep the wheels spinning but dont keep it floored..and also get a good drift set.
Quit drifting start werking!
First things first, drifting is a direct result of going too fast in the first place. You need to learn how to control the car on the edge of traction before you can truelly control the car beyond the lateral adhesion of the tires.

In other words, try just pushing it hard enough to get just a little sideways and take it slow and easy learning bit by bit how to "hold" a "drift" longer.

It sounds like your trying to plow the throttle through the floor and hold the steering at the full opposite lock. Drifting is so much more than that. Watch some best motoring, option video, and even just some private video's filmed from off in the "touge". Watching foot movement and steering input of real drivers and practicing alot will eventually lead to being what so many love or hate. A "drifter".

As said in 2nd post, the "drift bible". It's everything you need for the building blocks of a winning ability.

However in the world you can win anything about drifting... if we could put rainbows in zoo's, we would.

Good luck.
So much Negative Influence in this Forum :P Wonder why Racers Hate Drifters?

They Drift Bible is the best Place, Altho myself using a mouse to Drift Its hard to feel what my car is doing, Might get a Racing Wheel.

Just use the Drift bible, Ask others when your drifting for Tips and generally try hard to get used to drifting with a Drift setup.
And what ever you do, do it on the right server.
If your tires are hot, don't get off the throttle. That will increase your angle and cause you to slide to the outside. If you let off the throttle while the car is starting to swing around, it will get more angle and can cause you to spin. If you can actually do a drift but can't hold it, feather the throttle. Gas it a little more if you want some grip and want to go farther inside the corner but don't use so much your car eats tires or becomes too slippery and starts to spin. If you need to let off the throttle, do it smoothly so the weight doesn't get off the rears as quickly. If you need to go to the outside of a corner, let off the throttle but you may need to steer the car inward again with the throttle again to keep the drift going or use the e-brake at the same time you let off the throttle.

If you can't start a drift without spinning, leave the throttle on and force the car to slide with a feint. If you need to slow down, do so before the drift, apply some throttle and turn. If you can't use any power because you have to slow down a lot, don't steer in too violently and try to get some weight to transition to the back as soon as possible by using throttle. If you have to ride the brakes, get off of them once your car starts to drift or steer in less with the brakes on, then get back on them just a little bit. If your car can break traction very easily just by power (examples such as RAC, LX6), you can do everything above but with more delicacy to the throttle. Front-engined cars are easy to drift and more gas gives them more rear traction to hold on. Less power causes them to move outside slightly and spin around if you have a lot of front-end grip. Rear engined cars (they're all powerful anyways) need enough power to keep them sliding and from drifting too far outside. Too little throttle causes them to drift very far to the outside and could spin them out if you cause the car to transition the weight to the front violently. If you use the "right" level of gas, the car will have enough power to send to the rears to regain traction but not enough to spin (which isn't exactly a good thing).

If you're more comfortable to using more violent weight transitions, you have to be very precise and quick with your steering to keep the car on track and to upset it for more violent weight transitions. The same goes for the throttle and brake. If you like it smoother, you must keep everything smooth as well. From the start to the end of the drift, you must stick to one of these two styles because if you upset the balance while drifting smoothly, chances are that you will spin or leave the track because you don't expect it. If you baby the car while upsetting its balance, it could regain traction and snap in the wrong direction because you don't expect it.
Also, ask for setups and try to adapt to them if you do not know how to set a car up to work the way you want it to.
stop drifting start cruising!
I can`t drift either. And I`m proud of it
I like drifting, I can drift, I like racing, I'm a clean and fast racer, had/have WR-s. What am I?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I like drifting, I can drift, I like racing, I'm a clean and fast racer, had/have WR-s. What am I?

A joke !??
Quote from alland44 :A joke !??

Not really.
Im sometimes drifting, sometmes racing, and sometimes cruising. And i dont understand why drifters, racers and cruiser keep fighting. let ppl do what they wanto do.
#22 - Kaw
Quote from Stefani24 :Not really.
Im sometimes drifting, sometmes racing, and sometimes cruising. And i dont understand why drifters, racers and cruiser keep fighting. let ppl do what they wanto do.

I agree.

But the main reason to all theese fighting is that some people feel a strong urge to share there opinion with a rant thread. Sometimes people should pinch themselves and think "Hey, havent this been up before?". And the sad fact is that it has been up around 1 fantasilion times. Some people are just addicted to do a rant every once in a while. But if everyone just kept their disgusting fingers out of the cookie jar, there (I think) wouldn't be any of theese Drifters vs Racers vs Cruisers vs wtf you wanna call them. And that would lead to a more happier lfs forum. But then, everything can be perfect in theory. Dont underestimate it. Sometime soon, you will see a thread where the title is "I dont understand why drifters/racers/cruisers....". And thats just how it goes. Untill we learn to stfu. We cant avoid theese sad threads.

But to the topic. Try being gentle on the throttle. Try to feel when your car reaches the point where it cant keep grip anymore. And just practise. Practise makes perfect mate.
well everyone thinks he uses a wheel right, but maybe he uses mouse or keyboard

if so i recommend you to buy a wheel

EDIT: just noticed he has a G25
the guy first need a good drift setup,and second he needs lot more practice,every1 can make a turn with good angle,but the rest is a bit harder.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I like drifting, I can drift, I like racing, I'm a clean and fast racer, had/have WR-s. What am I?

Bi-motorsportical

cant hold drifts
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG