The online racing simulator
Anyone wanting to join iRacing now?
(126 posts, closed, started )
if that sim is any good, there will be a "demo", maybe not released by the developers themselves, but ... meh
Quote from Mp3 Astra :http://www.iracing.com/membership/tech.php?lc=3

"System Requirements
# Windows XP or Windows Vista
# Hyperthreaded Intel CPU, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, or any dual-core CPU
# 128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700Pro or nVidia 6600 or better); 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI X1600 or nVidia 6800 GT/GS or better recommended) graphics adapter
# 1 GB system RAM
# 3Gb free hard disk space
# Steering wheel and pedals required
# Microphone optional, required for voice chat

Internet Browser Requirements
# Firefox 1.5, Internet Explorer 6, or newer
# Javascript enabled
# Cookies enabled
# Flash Player

Internet Connection Speed
# 56K dial-up at a minimum, Broadband (DSL or Cable) highly recommended. Satellite broadband excluded."

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyArct33g8
Watching that video, LFS is way better.... That's just simply disgusting. And the sounds... like an RC car, or whatever.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Well if that is true (pc aparently under spec) then thats not bad at all, ok there's still the issue of how doe it react with other cars, draw rate etc etc. But I'm impressed never the less.

Yes the netcode is near flawless. It makes LFS look very shakey indeed. I found collisions to be poor, lacking any sense of contact or violence, but apart from that it's hard to fault. If the iRacing software came in a package more suited to the way I want to play these games, then I'd be happy, but it's certainly not something I cannot live without.
So what is the bank account specs for iRacing?
If you have a job that pays well enough that you do not need to borrow money on a credit card so you don't have one - is there a way to pay?
Íf it's free, I guess I'll give it a go.

Does anyone got invitations left?
It's not.
Beta-testing isn't free?

0.o
The invite is so you can buy the subscription, not for beta testing.
Quote from AndroidXP :The invite is so you can buy the subscription, not for beta testing.

stupid me, still lame though.
It's only because their charging system is single-user and there's going to be a queue - so they're giving you a chance to be first in line, see?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :If you have a job that pays well enough that you do not need to borrow money on a credit card so you don't have one - is there a way to pay?

Not currently apparently, though i believe paypal will be an option soon.

I'd bet if you have a debit card from your bank,issued by Visa/Mastercard it would work. I always used my debit card in the past for things that require a credit card online. Cant guarantee it though
Quote from The Moose :Not currently apparently, though i believe paypal will be an option soon.

I'd bet if you have a debit card from your bank,issued by Visa/Mastercard it would work. I always used my debit card in the past for things that require a credit card online. Cant guarantee it though

Thats what I'm hoping for, I cut all my cards couple years back and it was one of the best moves I made.
Pretty sure debit cards repped by major credit card companies will work fine.
#42 - JJ72
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Watching that video, LFS is way better.... That's just simply disgusting. And the sounds... like an RC car, or whatever.

you didn't try LFS on minimum spec do you?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pretty sure debit cards repped by major credit card companies will work fine.

Yep, a VISA debit card will be accepted anywhere with the VISA logo.
Waiting for my invitation to show up:Kick_Can_

Been a while since i got interested in another sim than LFS.
Any invites left? Willing to have a crack at paying with my debit card.
Everyone I promised an invite... submitted them earlier today.
^ Lookin forward to it! Cheers mate
thanks a lot
Invitation time is over.
This thread is closed

Anyone wanting to join iRacing now?
(126 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG