The online racing simulator
Engine idle bug?
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Chaos
Engine idle bug?
When I finished the race, some time after i stopped, the whole car started to shake and it looked like the engine ran on 3 cylinders... you can see in the replay what the rpm did...
here you can only see the rpm do wierd things, but when it was live, the whole car shaked pretty quicky (like 1mm up and down, very fast...)
Attached files
3cyls.mpr - 552.4 KB - 193 views
hmm with the jumping, it could have been a glitch in the track itself, i cant exactly because im not home at the moment so i cant check it sorry. but im sure some one will be able to tell you
Dude, that looks like your heartbeat's connected to the throttle!

Very weird behaviour, my first thought was peaking of your gas pedal, though the frequency is too constant for that I think. So either you found out a new type of engine damage (running on 3 cylinders) or this indeed is a bug.
#4 - ORION
If you ask me, your throttle pedal made a weird input, and the car was shaking because of the engine movement. It's as if you would contantly tap on the pedal.
Specially the LX cars have a big rotation mass, maybe the simulation of this is a bit weird... dont know.
#5 - Chaos
well throttle imputs would make the rpm jump up... not down, below the idle rpm....
#6 - ORION
aah good point
so it's indeed a bug I guess - difficult to reproduce though :/

[EDIT]
or...
the clutch comes too late and the engine almost stalls... :rolleyes:

Engine idle bug?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG