The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :I think he was in the oval server because like he said that's one of the only servers that are populated during the US main hours. Plus he just mentioned FOX @ SO Classic. So I don't think he is an oval nut.

yeah not an oval nut, a close racing nut.

Anyway, to post a happy update and give credit where credit is due, I got a PM from an FM guy wondering if it was there server (it was) and I'm already unbanned but more importantly vote ban/vote kick is disabled

Take that Android sometimes people care This has restored my faith in this game.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I care. I care about each and every one of you. All you need to do is believe in me, worship me on weekends and give me 10% of your income and in return I'll have a half-hearted go at providing some spiritual solace.

Deal?

Kev, I already worship you on weekends, I have a 0$ income so take 100% of it if you want (Muhahaha, 0 / 1.. ). So yeah, if you stop being a homolover (), I'll start building the Church of Kev.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I care. I care about each and every one of you. All you need to do is believe in me, worship me on weekends and give me 10% of your income and in return I'll have a half-hearted go at providing some spiritual solace.

Deal?

Click me!
Man, I can't believe so many people have flamed me for what I said.

Okay, it's not ALL oval racers, but the ones in LFS are notorious for it. A while back there was hardly a week went past without someone coming onto the forums to complain that they joined an oval server and got kicked and banned without reason or explanation.

And the fact that you've come in and flamed me for saying it proves that you clearly have short tempers. Go figure. Remember that you are in the same group of people who banned the OP for making a simple mistake, like the rest of you are perfect.

That football fans are all hooligans is a sweeping generalisation too, but that's because the only time you ever hear about them is when they do something stupid - think about that and maybe the bad rep will stop.
Quote from Dajmin :Man, I can't believe so many people have flamed me for what I said.

Okay, it's not ALL oval racers, but the ones in LFS are notorious for it. A while back there was hardly a week went past without someone coming onto the forums to complain that they joined an oval server and got kicked and banned without reason or explanation.

And the fact that you've come in and flamed me for saying it proves that you clearly have short tempers. Go figure. Remember that you are in the same group of people who banned the OP for making a simple mistake, like the rest of you are perfect.

That football fans are all hooligans is a sweeping generalisation too, but that's because the only time you ever hear about them is when they do something stupid - think about that and maybe the bad rep will stop.

You come here, knowing nothing about oval racing in LFS, and shoot out such crap, and you even wonder why you are getting flamed?

And then I have short tempers? Even the OP found your post peculiar. Go figure.

No one is saying that we are perfect, we are just being passionate about oval racing, like some are about circuit racing. I'm sure it is hard for you to believe that, being filled with prejudice and all. And I have nothing to do with people getting banned. That's the sole decision of the admin.

The most annoying thing is, that when people have a problem with our server, of any kind, they come running and yelling here. No shit our rep isn't immaculate. I can't really figure out, what the people here can do if they are banned, or just have an issue considering out server?
That's what out forum is for..

Then again it might be those oval-haters, getting banned for not taking it seriously, and instantly coming to rant here, just looking for general agreement to their views from fellow oval-haters.
#31 - Juls
It happens very often too on non-oval racing servers. From my experience, one guy gets furious because of you crashing, and he starts a ban vote, and 10 other guys vote yes without asking for any reason.

This side of LFS is not very well balanced...but it is a difficult problem to solve. Same issue for all multiplayers games: how to prevent morons from ruling.
Not sure if it is a multiplayer games issue, just have a look around and see where all democraties are headed...
Quote from Dajmin :Man, I can't believe so many people have flamed me for what I said.

So what kind of reactions did you expected? Your reasoning is getting more and more absurd, really. Preconceptions and generalisations seem to be unavoidable when talking about this topic on this very forum for some reason. Not the mention the blunt insults and provocations by some people every now and then.

Quote from Dajmin :

We are notorious? Thats interesting. While there is a nice search function im curious if you could find at least a handful, or to be fair just one example where people have been kicked/ banned without any reason or explaination. And while doing that you could also look for simular situations based on curcuit track racing.

Quote from Dajmin :

As far as i can see it the group of people where users and the method was a vote ban.

Quote from Dajmin :

Wow now everything makes perfectly sense. Thank you for those profound thoughts. :doh:
Quote from Juls :It happens very often too on non-oval racing servers. From my experience, one guy gets furious because of you crashing, and he starts a ban vote, and 10 other guys vote yes without asking for any reason.

This side of LFS is not very well balanced...but it is a difficult problem to solve. Same issue for all multiplayers games: how to prevent morons from ruling.

If ever proof was needed of the inadequacies of democracy the LFS voting to ban/kick system is it.

People just vote whenever a vote is started:

a) as above out of pig minded stupid ignorance

or

b) can anyone say "clique" ?

Unfortunately these do exist on LFS and the only thing to do about it is steer clear of these servers. Not always possible I accept, but not much else to do usually.

Glad you got a second chance (everyone deserves one IMO even if they did wreck on purpose first time around), and good to hear another server removing the pointless vote option.
Quote from Juls :It happens very often too on non-oval racing servers. From my experience, one guy gets furious because of you crashing, and he starts a ban vote, and 10 other guys vote yes without asking for any reason.

yeah.

That's why I feel the best thing to do is to just review the replay and have vote kick/ban disabled.
That's definitely the best way and the only way you can make accurate judgements (which is the reason CTRA uses this exclusively). The drawback (for the server admin, not us) is that it creates a lot of extra workload and many server owners simply, yet understandably, don't have the time and/or will to invest their private free time additionally to the server cost just to ensure maximum fairness.

The moral view clearly dictates that every server admin should do his best to give everyone a good experience, since they're kind of responsible for how LFS itself is perceived. From a legal standpoint however, they paid for the server and NOBODY else has any say in how they run it. In really extreme cases the devs could theoretically block the online access of the offenders and thus remove the problem, but that would be a last resort kind of thing, nothing I personally ever expect to witness happen.

It's nice to see that in your case this "moan" thread has actually had a positive effect, but it's unfortunately an exception to the rule.
#37 - Juls
Quote from gezmoor :
Unfortunately these do exist on LFS and the only thing to do about it is steer clear of these servers. Not always possible I accept, but not much else to do usually.

No problem, I always steer clear of these servers after the ban
Quote from DanDectis :before you even have a chance to apologize or explain that you were between two cars and had no where to go and no time to react.

It's not like I was wrecking people, or being beligerent. It was a coming together on the front straight at KY1 in F08 w/3 cars, I was in the middle.

All I'm saying is I wish people would excersize a little bit of restraint or at least give people a chance to explain themselves.

With the lack of servers on Live for Speed, especially late at night EST, to be banned for no reason from one of the few servers that always has racers really diminishes the value of the game that I paid for.

Just gimme a chance is all I'm saying, it wasn't even clearly my fault being as I was in the middle

this is the biggest problem with lfs. people abuse the ban system because they get annoyed, and alos simply do not know when they are aty fault. i personally think incidents should be reported, and then the admin should decide whther a ban should take place.
i dont think ive actually seen a ban or kick vote for months now, must be the servers i use (apart from ctra)
Quote :Okay, it's not ALL oval racers, but the ones in LFS are notorious for it.

I found totally the opposite to be true. The Oval racers in LFS are some of the most supportive and helpful for new racers i have ever come across, either in the game or the real world.

When i went onto the FM servers for the first time on a Oval ever to prepare for a round of a series our team runs in, racers there helped with advice, serious set ups and how to race Oval. They got us and friends up to speed very fast.

We crashed a lot learning, wrecked a few races no doubt, but where not or never banned and for sure, due to that experience we really fell in love with Oval racing in LFS, its really as good racing as it gets.

Best, Maz
I hate racing on servers with kick/ban voting disabled. Mods well, they can do their thing but there's usually no quick response which means you're stuck with whoever's lagging and won't leave/fix it, the nub who can't control his car in the slightest, or the outright idiot/wrecker on track. And you may never see the offender again in your LFS travels, or at least not on that server, so I really don't care about more permanent bans, but I do want to have a good race right then. Plus for me it's always been quite the opposite to what you experienced, where it takes a couple attempts (and often a couple people involved in separate incidents) and some explaining to get someone booted off for perfectly valid reasons. Negatives of being able to boot an innocent are nothing compared to the positives in my book. (And I have been booted off for no good reason myself a few times with how long I've been playing, still rather have user kicks/bans, it's not like the vote bans are permanent anyway.)

On a side note, the oval servers are kinda weird. Not my thing so I don't normally play them at all, but I've gotten yelled at for getting taken out by someone else during perfectly valid racing because 'the situation was too risky' just because of how many cars were in the group. Had my own private laugh at that though considering the guy who stuffs it in a risky passing maneuver anywhere else would get laughed at if they tried to blame the other guy. Plus I've been in much tougher situations in league racing where if anyone stuffs it their hour long race is done. I got yelled at for coming up into the middle making 3 wide at an oval (accident being me getting squeezed by the two already there, left no room for me) with 2 behind , try doing 3 wide with 2 behind into the 1st turn of Kyoto National.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG