The online racing simulator
Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
#1 - gru
Digital Speedo
Digital Speedo is small LFS mod displaying speed, gear, shift-light, or rpm
It connects with LFS through InSim, and uses d3d8 proxy dll to display data

main functions:
- configurable gauges (visibility, position, size)
- each car has its own cfg
- option to set speed visible only in pitlane
- configurable digits color

additional functions:
- built-in OutGauge gateway
- applications startup configuration

program requires .NET Framework 2.0
it has been tested on few machines with XP system (no drastic FPS loss noticed).
unfortunetly there were no tests with Vista

installation instructions and FAQ in readme.txt

changes:

*** v 1.0.3 - 27.06.2010
- Z25 compatibility

*** v 1.0.2 - 18.07.2008
- configurable window state for startup programs

*** v 1.0.1 - 13.06.2008
- fix: no outgauge request in spr mode
Attached images
ds_lfs.jpg
ds_tab1.jpg
ds_tab2.jpg
ds_tab3.jpg
Attached files
ds_1.0.3_bin.zip - 248.9 KB - 2909 views
ds_1.0.3_src.zip - 225.1 KB - 1650 views
Works ok for me, thanks.
#3 - Nilex
Praise The Lord
Amazing work!
Works like a charm
Thank You very much for this!
-
(nesrulz) DELETED by nesrulz
Great work!
Thx.

Quote from gru :
...unfortunetly there were no tests with Vista...

I've tried it on Vista and it work very well ...thank you very much for this little app and keep up the good work!
Attached images
Speedo.jpg
hack
#8 - G!NhO
thanks for this, its great
#9 - gru
Quote from LiveForBoobs :hack

excuse me?

i'm not member of "We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now" club

i don't like overheated clutch after 1 (one!) bad start (but i can't do anything about it, and if i did, that would be hacking)

i don't like speeding penalty in pits (i have 19" monitor and still can't see if i'm under or over 80)
i also dont like gear number hidden under steering wheel in some cars
and i want to have shiftlight as big as i want it to be

what's bad about it?
Hello,

You're right, i hate this too!!

Gai-Luron
Quote from gru :i'm not member of "We're glad LFS is harder and "more realistic" now" club

We don't have RL G forces (and RL FOV) in SIM, so... we need digital speedo in all cars.

Digital Speedo rulz!
You point to the outgauge thread like it is new? It was made in 2006... Catch up! About the digital speedometer, it is in a way a hack, but where as really all your doing is being distracted by closely monitoring your speed I don't really care. I won't be using it as its easy enough to stay under the pit limit speed without losing much time, and its not that hard to read on a 19" monitor, I have a 17" monitor that I had been using until a month ago. But I am not here to complain, if you feel you must use a digital speedo, your disadvantage.
Hi all,
Gru nice work but you just did life much more ease for all pit-line freaks.In my opinion if you need Digital Speedo thats ok but if you are pure driver you wont use. Yes it is hack,
BTW works on vista ultimate x64 after some work.
#18 - gru
Quote from marek100 :In my opinion if you need Digital Speedo thats ok but if you are pure driver you wont use. Yes it is hack

i wonder why there was no such a discussion with Analogue Gauges or LfsRelax which also can display digital speed in all cars?

isn't it idea of unofficial addons? to "make life easier"?

if anyone claims that racer using DS is faster on track, hmm...
more comfortable, yes, but not faster
Quote from gru :i wonder why there was no such a discussion with Analogue Gauges or LfsRelax which also can display digital speed in all cars?

'Cause the digital speedo kerfuffle was another utterly specious 'realism' argument... It would be nice to able to configure such stuff within LFS. I'd get rid of the speedo altogether, but horses for courses and so on...
Thank You very very much! I missed DS so much!!! its a lot more comfortable than analog-one
Quote from gru :...i wonder why there was no such a discussion with Analogue Gauges or LfsRelax which also can display digital speed in all cars?

Hello,

Don't worry, this is normal this kind of reaction. People are never satisfied with what other propose. It is not even necessary to respond. Continue to make programs, as few person can do it and for this they need respect.

Continue gru

Gai-Luron

PS: marek100, i'am not pure driver, but player who love to play with LFS. I'am not Fangio!!!
Quote from gru :excuse me?

i'm not member of "We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now" club

i don't like overheated clutch after 1 (one!) bad start (but i can't do anything about it, and if i did, that would be hacking)

i don't like speeding penalty in pits (i have 19" monitor and still can't see if i'm under or over 80)
i also dont like gear number hidden under steering wheel in some cars
and i want to have shiftlight as big as i want it to be

what's bad about it?

If I were you I would Ignore the guys on this forum like that because they have the attitude of LFS being their way or no way at all. This is a welcome addition.
#23 - gru
*** v 1.0.1 - 13.06.2008
- fix: no outgauge request in spr mode

thx nesrulz
Thx gru!
btw, I'm sure that many from that club use this program, but they won't admit it and thank you for it. :shhh: :biggrinfl

Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG