The online racing simulator
ICON Racing - Tryouts
(20 posts, started )
ICON Racing - Tryouts
Hi All,

ICON Racing is now up and running...

We are about to start recruiting drivers and will be holding several tryout sessions in June. If you are interested in taking part or just want to know more information please go to:-

http://iconracing.do-forum.com ... -racing-tryouts-t9.htm#14

Hope to see you soon....
From your site/forums:

Quote :ICON Racing will soon be starting it's driver recruitment !!!!

Starting in June 08 ICON Racing will be holding several "Tryout Sessions" on its Race 1 Server. These sessions will be approximately 2 hours long 7pm - 9pm GMT and will give drivers the opportunity to show what their made of, as well as meet and chat with the teams managers.

Initially 4 slots will be available within ICON Racing and the tryout sessions will continue until suitable drivers have been found.

What we're looking for:-

- Consistancy - We are more interested in someone who can produce a good pace lap after lap... WR are of no interest.
- Race Ability - How you handle close racing, attacking for position or defending against a faster driver?
- Attitude - How you conduct yourself on servers.
- Stats - We will also be looking at your LFSW & CTRA Stats.

We will be posting final date and time of the first session within the next few days...

See you all soon...

Good to see a new team with more than one driver and with some goals for what qualities you are looking for in recruits.

Good luck with ICON Racing!
Good Luck with your new team.

I know that you and joe will make a good job .

Cheers
Tom
Good luck ICON Racing.
Good luck from Rising Phoenix Motorsports.
best of luck from Storm Racing. See you on the track
We have now set the first tryout session for 5th June between 19.00 & 21.00 GMT...

Anyone interested should check our team forum for more info or by all means drop us a line (do people still say that or am I just showing my age again )

Hope to see you all soon
Quote from Pantera70 :We have now set the first tryout session for 5th June between 19.00 & 21.00 GMT...

Anyone interested should check our team forum for more info or by all means drop us a line (do people still say that or am I just showing my age again )

Hope to see you all soon

Yeah, that means your old. That from the days when people still had to use home phones to communicate. GET WITH THE TIMES OLD MAN! pssshhhh
thats it i'm ripping the home phone out the wall.... Sticking to the Mobile and buying a Harley....
Quote from Pantera70 :thats it i'm ripping the home phone out the wall.... Sticking to the Mobile and buying a Harley....

*sniff sniff* Is that a midlife crisis I smell? j/k

I'll try to show up for one of those "tryouts" but I'm on the crazy US time.
Quote from Pantera70 :We have now set the first tryout session for 5th June between 19.00 & 21.00 GMT...

Hope to see you all soon

Just a bump to highlight the tryout session on Thursday night of this week, the 5th of June.

We're looking for clean racers with a passion for sim-racing, come and along and race, and say hi. If you're looking for a team and you think you fit the bill (clean, fair racing) then turn up and make it count!

See you on the track!

Joe Keaveney
good luck and hope to see you soon on the track!
Good luck with the team guys!
I raced with one guy from ICON Racing, they're good IMO. Good luck!
Quote from Kristjan.J :I raced with one guy from ICON Racing, they're good IMO. Good luck!

Thankyou for the compliment! Both myself (ICON JOE) and Darren (ICON DAZZA) are looking forward to these tryouts, we both know there are plenty of drivers out there who can drive clean AND fast, it's just a case of finding them and getting them racing with us!

We really want to have a club atmosphere, helping each other with setup, teaching racecraft, and then getting us into competition.

1) Walk 2) Run - that's pretty much our attitude!

Hope to see you all on our server on Thursday night, 19:00 - 21:00
Good luck for this project!
Thanks guys for all your comments... Like Joe said we're looking forward to Thursday and hoping to find some like minded drivers.

During the evening we will be looking at peoples race craft and can only recommend that anyone attending drives within their ability... being the fastest will NOT make Joe or myself go WOW... Showing good control and technic will...

Anyone is welcome to attend. But please, if things get busy don't hog a slot if your not seriously looking for a team...

Hope to see you all soon
The ICON Racing tryouts are tonight....

The tryouts will be held on our server which will be renamed to:-

ICON Racing - Team Tryouts

The server will be shut down from approx 5pm GMT today and will be restarted at about 6.45pm GMT for the tryouts to start at 7pm GMT.

The format will be as follows:

7pm - 7.30pm Open practice (Joe and myself will also be open to questions).
7.30pm - 8.30pm 4 laps races of AS North.
8.30pm - 9pm Debrief

(Depending on how things go, we may have 1 or 2 races afterwards for which we will take a vote on Track, Car, Laps etc, just for fun)

You will be informed as to which car to use in each race and we will only start a race once everyone is ready. As a reminder, although we are setting this up in race format this event is not about who comes first...

After each race we will give people a chance to chat and ask questions (please DO NOT start asking questions during a race)

We hope to see some of you later

Kind Regards
Very interesting and hard
The Tryout sounds very interesting and hard

All drivers who want to join a good team, should go there and show their best. I know the teamfounders and they are very kind and good drivers. You will be in good hands for the future .

See you tonight.
Tom :rally_dri
Good luck for tonight ICON

ICON Racing - Tryouts
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG