Opera
Firefox 3
IE7
Other
IE8
IE6
Safari
Konqueror
Quote from dawesdust_12 :How do you get Safari to crash?! I don't think I could pay it to crash. Firefox on the other hand...

Safari/WebKit on a Mac is faultless. I've had one crash in about a year and a half. Safari/Webkit on Windows, however, is prone to relatively frequent crashing... and not leaving any debug info. It also doesn't play nicely if Firefox is also open and you're trying to tab between them! It's a lot more stable than it used to be, and the 3.x builds are a great improvement, though.

Consequently, I use Safari on the Mac... and Firefox/Safari combo on Windows (mainly Fx). Of course, I do tests on many other browsers for development, IE6, 7 & 8 beta; Opera; and Lynx (for textual goodness).
Quote from hiroshima guy :IE6 pwns all! Firefox sucked too much ass on my comp because it lagged too much!

hahah... since when do web browsers have these kinds of sexual fetishes?

Regards,

Ian
Opera 9.23, Firefox just pissed me off too much and I use IE to check my emails, only because MSN opens it.
IE 8.0.6001.17193 Beta
Got it to check how my sites are going to look and kept it cause I rather like it.
The developer tools are brilliant
I use Firefox, the 2.0.0.0.....0.14 version, at home and I also installed it at my school
Waiting to download FF 3 on the worldwide download record day!
Quote from sgt.flippy :
Waiting to download FF 3 on the worldwide download record day!

What's so goddamn special about that day? It's just a cheap, irritating marketing trick. Apparently, when it's about getting publicity there's nothing Mozilla wouldn't do.

This is one of the resons I use Opera. When their downloads exeded a million the ceo of teh company went, as he promised, for a swim in the ice cold ocean.
I have the latest Firefox. 3.psoiuyf0s98ae7ryw384.

Or something complicated like that. There are some pretty neat features of FF3, but I miss FF2 because the colourful tabs extension worked with it, but not with this one.
Firefox 3
Opera 9.5
Internet Explorer 7 (Used via IEtab in Firefox)
Added poll. Probably should have made it multiple choice but it's too late now. :doh:

Quote from hyntty :This is one of the resons I use Opera. When their downloads exeded a million the ceo of teh company went, as he promised, for a swim in the ice cold ocean.

Oh because that's not publicity.
Quote from Bob Smith :Added poll. Probably should have made it multiple choice but it's too late now. :doh:

Yeees. Now how am I supposed to select all of them, without mad hax0ringz skillz? :P
Opera... used to use Firefox but sadly it was developed into a big heavy bloated hog
Using firefox, best browser out there IMO
Easy, fast, reliable and advanced if you need it to be.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Opera, but now I get rid of it... Mozilla is waaaay faster!

lol try opera 9.5 which is about 5x as fast as any browser out there
Quote from mythdat :Opera... used to use Firefox but sadly it was developed into a big heavy bloated hog

I'd like to swap, but unfortunately, Opera has too much missing that I've come to rely on from the Firefox extension repository.

Firefox used to be the dog's danglies.. now it's more like your average M$ product, all bloat and not much additional function.

I'll be waiting a few months after launch to possibly run Firefox3.

As for the "download day".. what a load of marketing bollox! (not that there's any other type of marketing 'anything').

Regards,

Ian
Firefox 2. If it crashes, it´s due to a crappy extension
i have tried all browsers BTW
I know it's marketing, but I already use FireFox, so why wouldn't I help them break the record? I'll download it anyway at some time in the future, so why not that day?
If it doesn't cost me an effort to do and I can help someone with it, it would be kinda lame not doing it..
Quote from sgt.flippy :I know it's marketing, but I already use FireFox, so why wouldn't I help them break the record? I'll download it anyway at some time in the future, so why not that day?
If it doesn't cost me an effort to do and I can help someone with it, it would be kinda lame not doing it..

Break what record? AFAIK, there is no record to break, so even 10 downloads sets the bar. There's probably a reason no-ones gone for this record before.. it's so damn lame!

IMO, this is just some marketing ploy as some kind of "retaliation" against Apple and their stupid Safari stunt.. Mozilla have been up in arms about that since it happened (and thank fsck, none of the windoze boxes I use at home or at work have windoze update enabled).

Think of all the other, far more established open-source projects out there (Apache, MySQL, etc).. you don't see them having "download days" trying to set non-existent records.. a bit like winning a football match, due to the other side preferring to stay in the pub.. it's hardly winning / achieving anything is it

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Break what record? AFAIK, there is no record to break, so even 10 downloads sets the bar. There's probably a reason no-ones gone for this record before.. it's so damn lame!

IMO, this is just some marketing ploy as some kind of "retaliation" against Apple and their stupid Safari stunt.. Mozilla have been up in arms about that since it happened (and thank fsck, none of the windoze boxes I use at home or at work have windoze update enabled).

Think of all the other, far more established open-source projects out there (Apache, MySQL, etc).. you don't see them having "download days" trying to set non-existent records.. a bit like winning a football match, due to the other side preferring to stay in the pub.. it's hardly winning / achieving anything is it

Regards,

Ian

Half the Guinness book of records contains stuff nobody cares about. But once you find something to set a record for, other people will probably try to break it. I'm actually surprised it wasn't in there before. But if you just take some nude pics of a celeb you'll get more downloads in 24 hours than with any kind of software
Quote from sgt.flippy :Half the Guinness book of records contains stuff nobody cares about. But once you find something to set a record for, other people will probably try to break it. I'm actually surprised it wasn't in there before.

True, but for most records, don't people try to actually achieve something? Hoping (and that's all it is on the part of Mozilla.. it's hardly them setting a record anyway) that people download on a certain day is as lame as it gets. Maybe I should set a record of the most drops of rain caught in a 1/2" diameter cup placed on a wall in an hour while I do umm... oh, nothing.. it'll still be _my_ record.. woohoo!.... and I guess I'll just have to hope it rains

Quote :But if you just take some nude pics of a celeb you'll get more downloads in 24 hours than with any kind of software

Ahh, now we're talking! What day did you say it was again?

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :True, but for most records, don't people try to actually achieve something? Hoping (and that's all it is on the part of Mozilla.. it's hardly them setting a record anyway) that people download on a certain day is as lame as it gets. Maybe I should set a record of the most drops of rain caught in a 1/2" diameter cup placed on a wall in an hour while I do umm... oh, nothing.. it'll still be _my_ record.. woohoo!.... and I guess I'll just have to hope it rains

Well, I'm just checking on the site and from the top of my head: you're not really achieving something by being the tallest person, you just are. But okay, that's still one person who does it.

But there are also records of mass participation. Like the largest tea party, then it just gets set to the place it happend. So technically, this record will get featured as "world"

Quote from Ian.H : Ahh, now we're talking! What day did you say it was again?

rofl
firfox ftw!!!!! lol
what are you doing with my avatar-gif?
Opera 9.27
But i use firefox too. And sometimes even IE
Firefox 3.0 RC1 FTW!
I use IE8 and Mozilla

(i have some sort of virus so my IE8 crashes most of the time)
Then i use mozilla, i should use it all the time because it's so fast.
IE loads, and loads all the time

Whats your browser?
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG