The online racing simulator
What subjects should I take???
(36 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :As long as you can understand bearings (compass bearings) then you'll be over-qualified.

you also need to be able to project a lot of points into 3d space... which is something most people are useless at and near impossible to learn
I read some stats a while ago which stated that being an ATC is the most stressful job in the world. Which measurements they used to calculate such a thing I haven't the slightest idea, but it's something to bear in mind. ATCs cannot make mistakes or have off-days. There's no reset button. The safety of thousands of people rests in your hands. It's an admirable field, but not for me at all.
Of course it's a stressful field. As you said the lifes of all in the planes rests on our hands. That will answer your doubt.

3-D projections... Hmm maybe we can practise this thingy at schools. The design & technology course we had also covered 3-D projections of objects at certain length, height, width etc...
I thought your aspiration was to join our team for a moment, I am dissapointed now.
still about that website - that story about the english town-obscuring "Trans Portuguese" plane... Its is true, my dad was on the plane(working), and that is a classic family story. Apparently the plane was sitting there, ready to takeoff, spewing a lot of smoke as the 707's did... for a looooooooong time.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I thought your aspiration was to join our team for a moment, I am dissapointed now.

Nah...my only aspiration for now is to get top grades for academic and top for co-curriculum activities as well. I joined computer club and currently in a robotics competition :P
#32 - axus
Have you heard Air Traffic Controller suicide rate statistics? As a percentage, it's higher than even dentists!

Of all the exciting things you could do with a good knowledge physics... you go and pursue a career in that.
Quote from axus :Have you heard Air Traffic Controller suicide rate statistics? As a percentage, it's higher than even dentists!

seriously? dentists have high suicide rates? are you sure thats not an exclusively british problem?
Well if that's British stats don't bother to share with me because in Singapore we don't have many people who committ suicide because of stress on their job. And I certainly won't!
Sexology? Pimping is also a fashionable job to do nowadays
Quote :Have you heard Air Traffic Controller suicide rate statistics? As a percentage, it's higher than even dentists!

Our friend in Sydney is an ATC. He once saw a major crash landing happen right in front of him (not sure if he caused it though ). He still flies a lot with his wife but is terrified of flying, and apparently drinks quite a bit while on the plane.

What subjects should I take???
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG