The online racing simulator
Do you possess a drivers license?
(79 posts, started )

Poll : DO you have a drivers license?

Yes.
No.
Learners permit.
I passed my licence at the end of march 2007 (i'm 28) and I haven't used it so far. It's just to expensive nowadays.
License? What are those?
Quote from Blas89 :License? What are those?

Some useless papers that cost a bomb....
I have, for about 3 years...
#30 - Osco
yup
Quote from Glenn67 :um 23 years an counting
Have had about the same number of cars too

Glenn's got 3 years on me. Couldn't survive without a license. 30 miles to walk to get a gallon of milk is a bit far for these old legs.

Quote from th84 : Ive had mine for almost 16 yrs. Damn, Im getting old.

Pfffttt.... Just a kid, you're just a kid.....

Dang young whippersnapper....
Yep, driver from 2007..
#33 - Jakg
In New Zealand it's something like 13 / 14 to drive a car and insurance is NOT mandatory (!)

I have a "learners permit", aka a Provisional, but only for a bike. Will be applying for a Car Provisional soon, and then finally (hopefully) getting a car.
Jakg, if you can, have it perfectly timed so you do your test on your 17th birthday. That's what I'm doing Just give 'em like 6 months notice that you want to do it on that day.
I passed my test on the first attempt on my 17 and a half'th birthday (i.e. when I was 17 years and 6 months). Almost 6 years ago...how times flies
#36 - Jakg
...except I need to do lessons first. Which I can only start doing when i'm 17.

Also, theres the small manner of raising the cash to pay for the damn thing - luckily my Dad (in a rare moment of generosity) is willing to pay for "part of" the Insurance or Driving Lessons, but the cost of the car is up to me - and atm I have very very little cash - hopefully I can get out buying the new phone I just got, and i've got to work out the best way to sell my (now totally fooked) bike. Also got to see if I can bare to sell my PC to get a better car...

</Ramble>
Look on the bright side - 2 more posts to 14,000
Its always worth getting a car, but you dont neccesarily need to sell your PC. You dont need something mega for your first car if you cant afford it. £500 is enough to get you something decent, like a fiesta, and your even able to get decent first car's cheaper than that.
#39 - Jakg
We both know how expensive it is to get a car, insurance etc in the UK, and we also both know i've "invested" far too much cash in my PC...
Quote from Jakg :We both know how expensive it is to get a car, insurance etc in the UK, and we also both know i've "invested" far too much cash in my PC...

I know that, but you seem to live in countryside. This can bring down your insurance a fair bit. I know its expensive jack, but all im saying is dont let technology get in the way of you getting a car. I know your into all that techno stuff but i would seriously suggest putting money towards a car instead of small gadgets, (unless you REALLY need them of course). Sorry if i sound like an old man.
Learners permit, since april this year.
#42 - LewX
Got Learners permit a few days after my 16th birthday. Had them for 5 months now.

In Sydney, Australia we have to 100 hours of daytime and 20 hours of night time driving and must hold the permit for at least a year before we can attempt the [impossible] driving test to progress to a provisional permit.
Quote from Shotglass :a eu licence should be accepted just about everywhere... although i think slovak should be one of the cheaper/est countries in the eu

In Texas, we recognize foreign and out of state licenses as long as our license is valid in those places too. Like I dunno - Estonia. If my license is valid to use in Estonia, then an Estonia's license is ok to use here.

I've had a car license for... I dunno a long long time and I finally got a motorcycle license about a year ago. It used to be a real hassle to get a motorcycle license. So most of us simply didn't bother with it
I turned 18 on the 18th of September 2007 and got my license 8 days after on the 26th of September.
#45 - aoun
Quote from Jakg :...except I need to do lessons first. Which I can only start doing when i'm 17.

Also, theres the small manner of raising the cash to pay for the damn thing - luckily my Dad (in a rare moment of generosity) is willing to pay for "part of" the Insurance or Driving Lessons, but the cost of the car is up to me - and atm I have very very little cash - hopefully I can get out buying the new phone I just got, and i've got to work out the best way to sell my (now totally fooked) bike. Also got to see if I can bare to sell my PC to get a better car...

</Ramble>

What you need lessons for mate? You got LFS .

I had a license. It's currently suspended for speeding 10kph over. I get them back next month. 3 month suspension all together! I am getting my own car when i get my license back, alot to choose from, cant decide between car or ute. (i need a tray for a kart and id perfer a tray connected rather then a trailer )
3 years
damm, just turned 36 today, and passed my test when i was 17!!!!!!!!!
Quote from mrfell :damm, just turned 36 today, and passed my test when i was 17!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
cheers

The best day of your life (passing driving test) and being able to rip off the L plates. I must have drove over 100 miles that night taking mates here there and everywhere, just because you could...!!!!
Quote from mrfell :I must have drove over 100 miles that night taking mates here there and everywhere, just because you could...!!!!

won't be doing that with petrol prices these days!!

happy birthday btw.

Do you possess a drivers license?
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG