The online racing simulator
Triple Monitor Gaming for EVERYONE (who has 3 monitors)
ITS HERE! http://www.firingsquad.com/har ... triple_head_2_go_preview/

after many requests... well at least mine http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=17945 , seems like the chaps at matrox have delivered.
if u dont have 3 monitors, why not start looking for 3 good 17" or 19" used and cheap 4:3 monitors, coupled with this baby (non dvi) it will rule all sims and apps!
Its a dream come true for many, shame price is a bit steep 299$, but its A LOT cheaper than a curved display lcd at that res
The dualhead was useless, but this is GOLD!
More details here (max refresh75hz) http://www.matrox.com/graphics/offhome/th2go/home.cfm
and specifically gaming http://www.matrox.com/graphics/offhome/th2go/gaming/home.cfm

have fun

ps: i know a coder who has no excuse now for not grabbing a dx9 or dx10 card from ati or nv for coding on his triplehead enviro
Sounds awsome

Now, all I need is three flat screens
Seems really silly that Matrox didn't release that three years ago. I guess they don't like money. I hope the best for that unit, the specs and price look alright, so hopefully it'll work great and sell nicely. Not much competition on multi-display adapter market, so that's covered already.
#4 - ScHiZ
Great find kid, glad I always make a point of reading your posts
#5 - Fetzo
this looks great! i need more money .
Amazing news, kid.
Now i just hope that a 6800LE@GT with 3x19" puts out decent fps.
wouldnt their dual head splitter + a dual head graphiccard (which basically means any modern graphiccard) be significantly cheaper ?
I think the point is that if you use any kind of graphics card based dual/triple head system, the computer sees them as separate monitors and it can be very difficult to get full screen directX applications to spread accross all monitors.

The beauty of this system is that windows just sees one big monitor and provided your game allows you to use any resolution that your system supports, it will work.
the not so beautiful bit about those systems is that your desktop isnt two seperate monitors but a single one so any programm you run maximised (and videos in full screen) spans across all three monitors and you have big gaps between parts of the picture ... or even words when you surf the net
sounds cool but then I'd need a graphics card that can do 60fps at 3840x1024 (and 1024 is kinda low)
#11 - Vain
Do the math:
300€ for the splitter
500€ for two new TFTs
Thats 800€ for a triple-head-system (not counting a new GFXboard that may be necessary)
For 800 loose €s I'd head myself towards a HeadMountedDisplay. Those things price similarly, but they recognize the turning of your head so you can turn your head to the right and see the correct picture to the right of you (because the display is moving with your eyes). That is better than a triple-head-solution or TrackIR.
Still a lot of money.

Vain
Quote from Shotglass :the not so beautiful bit about those systems is that your desktop isnt two seperate monitors but a single one so any programm you run maximised (and videos in full screen) spans across all three monitors and you have big gaps between parts of the picture ... or even words when you surf the net

watching the pics and reading the website helps. thats where powerdesk software comes in

Financial and Enterprise http://www.matrox.com/mga/corp/th2go/home.cfm

Creative Professionals http://www.matrox.com/graphics ... o/products/th2go/home.cfm

CAD and GIS http://www.matrox.com/mga/work ... triplehead2go/release.cfm

Security and Process Control http://www.matrox.com/mga/work ... triplehead2go/release.cfm

@vain: math is simple for me. In new condition, u can get 3x 1280x1024 lcd monitors for 600 euros, so thats 900 euros for a 3840x1024 realestate. where can u buy such a monitor at that price? nowhere. not even close.
If u go for used monitors, then it becomes even more atractive. u can even add 13x 9" fresnel lens and get seamless connections! all for 500 to 600 euros!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Shotglass :the not so beautiful bit about those systems is that your desktop isnt two seperate monitors but a single one so any programm you run maximised (and videos in full screen) spans across all three monitors and you have big gaps between parts of the picture ... or even words when you surf the net

The software that comes with it catches any desktop applications and only maximises them to the current screen.

Note, I'm not a matrox employee or anything, I just read the technical page.
I so have to get myself one of those. Damn does it look kick ass One of those and a 7900GTX, oh yeah :insane:
It'll be interesting to see just how good frame rates are in games with 3 monitors and decent resolutions, with AA and AF, on more modest (ish) graphics cards.

Not everyone can justify the megabucks for a top of the range graphics card that'll be out of date before you get it home, but more could justify spending money on something like this that is likely to last until either monitors become really cheap or vga outputs become a no no.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
i already ran my old gf4 on resolution at 3840px wide and it didnt suffer much. with any modern card u can even enable low AA and AF.
totally playable lfs. trick is dat it isnt drawing much vertical res (usually 768 or 1024 max).
so yes, on a gf4 u can play lfs at those res. anything better will only improve the experience further.
#17 - SamH
Well I guess BANG goes my vacation this year! Suddenly the money's needed for more important things

A triple-head is such an obvious gaming solution, it amazes me that it's actually so late in arriving, and that it's Matrox (no disrespect to them) that are first to market with it, over ATI/nVidia. Credit to Matrox for demonstrating the ability to be more consumer-driven than those GFX giants.
Can LFS display 3840x1024? or any of the other resolutions that this divice does, as they are all about 4:1 aspect ratio... I'm very likely going to get one but would just like to know for sure if LFS will display properly accross all the screens
yes it will display properly. i've tested and matrox also. u can see lfs listed as supported games in their site. not that it was needed to be there. in fact lfs is much more modern than most of those on the list since it adapts to dif screen sizes very well. no stretched 2d ui unlike many other games...
all vector baby.
even bg images are constrained ratio
btw i have ran lfs at higher res than that of the triplehead max can display
btw u can also run lfs on origami and oqo. (not that i tested that one)

aditional scawen info:
Quote from Scawen :Ah, I'd better mention what most people probably don't know...

If you select any 16:3 ratio screen mode (same as 3 normal 4:3 monitors) then LFS goes into a special "parhelia" mode, and the text / laptimes / etc - all 2d display things, are confined to the central screen, plus a couple of other layout improvements.

Thx for the info KidCoDEa, I know LFS was in the support list excetera but find info like that can be rather sketchy, and just wanted to get confirmation in black and white
cheers for bring this little beast into the light

i'll wait for the price to come down however
matrox = good; lfs = good :)
this has already been done earlier
back in RSCNET days we played lfs on 3 monitors, with a matrox parhelia with triple head support (we had a big center 21" and two 19" iiyama CRTs)

i still had some screenshots of that on my ftp, but deleted them some weeks ago..

cheers
Attached images
lfssur10.jpg
lfssur11.jpg
lfssur12.jpg
lfssur13.jpg
But the (one of the) point is that you don't need to use/have parhelia for this.
wow misterx u totally missed the point. which is strange on such a detailed and linked thread...
lfs is deved on parhelia for 3 years or more... that wont impress anyone here.
this is not about 3 monitor gaming. this is about 3 monitor gaming for everyone using nonmatrox cards. dx9 cards etc etc.
Quote from Jarmin :cheers for bring this little beast into the light

i'll wait for the price to come down however

Wouldn't hold my breath for that one Matrox has a history of keeping there pricing on products fairly consistent (i.e. they don't drop much over time)

I know where your coming from, I'm the same I generally don't buy the latest hardware and wait for it to go down in price, but in this case I think I'll make an exception

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG