The online racing simulator
SKID SOUNDS REWORKED Update 02.08.2015
Update 02.08.2015
- all sounds tweaked, new version included in attachment

details:

-crash sounds are original, but at lower frequencies, additionaly scrapehard is mixed with scrapesoft, and first part of both saples is slightly tuned to give better first bang (try this one with hitting cones and tyres, sounds lovely IMO)
-skid sounds tweaked to real life
-skid sounds based on same sample as previous attempts but now they are cleared and well-balanced
-dont remember what sounds are original, but every sample is tweaked except of system sounds and horn sounds,
-grass/dirt/sand sounds are also balanced to sound good from the oustide and from inside view

Preview:
-Real life car skidding watch
-LFS ingame low quality preview watch (pops clicks and muffling comes with convertionFrown )

Install
1 unpack .wav files to your "...LFS/data/sound" , rewrite old files
2 ...and You are up to date, an can also download engine sounds (from optional download) and install them into your ".../LFS/data/engine"

Hint when online, u may want to turn down your exhaust volume a bit ~25% (for example 0.6 instead of 0.8) using shift+a so all other sounds are louder, and other cars can be heard from greater distance.

Credits/thanks:
-Thanks for levelcore for skid sample
-for Gills4life for his great skid sand and skid dirt sound samples
-and for commentsBig grin

Previous attempts moved to
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41666
Attached files
engine.rar - 1.7 MB - 7798 views
SSrv2Full.rar - 1.5 MB - 15783 views
SSrv2Fullv2015.zip - 2.9 MB - 1584 views
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
very nice skid sounds!!!
Thanks for the preview, looks good.
Love your sounds! Using it right now, the best asphalt skid sounds for me so far.
Great sound, i love it!!
Now i feel like in real car while playing LFS!!
Cheers man.
i like it!
Great sounds!
Super duper sounds , nice work
Very nice skid sounds man now i can drift with some awesome sounds when i have the RX-7 car sound and these new skid sounds awesome man
Please don't take this in a negative way. Those tarmac skid sounds do sound really nice. They sound very alive and are nice and realistic.

The problem I have is they don't feel like they are a part of LFS. It's hard to describe. Like when you drive in LFS, compared to other games you feel like all the sensations are real and less plastic. Like all the parts integrate together and complement each other. Sometimes these skid sounds sound like they are "floating" separate of LFS. I can't put my finger on it. The sounds are really nice, but just don't complement LFS properly.

Anyway just some constructive criticism from a fussy old woman, I'm sure alot of ppl will like these ones you have done because they are quite exciting. Have you tried DaweWS' skid sounds V2? They fit LFS really well because they are less "synthetic" is the best word I can think of. (Im still only talking about tarmac sounds BTW)

Good Luck
About realism...
Thanks!
i Know this set form DaveWs, but i found it unrealistic enough for xfg/xrg that is why i made my soundpack.
My all sounds are one pack, and should not be used separately, since the overal enjoyment drops, and thats why i recomend downloading engine(car) sounds

Actually if we want more realfeel, there should be DIFFERENT SOUND PACK FOR EVERY CAR (and tyre!!) or it should be realtime-calculated

So finally i think that We have got two different needs/ideas/expectations
It's quite possible to make LFS change the sounds when you change cars using LFS scripts and dos batch files. Entering a car can call a different batch file to move files about within the LFS file structure. FlipCams uses this principle, but the user presses a key to change views instead.

Something to ponder if you like.
Quote from JasonJ :It's quite possible to make LFS change the sounds when you change cars using LFS scripts and dos batch files. Entering a car can call a different batch file to move files about within the LFS file structure. FlipCams uses this principle, but the user presses a key to change views instead.

Something to ponder if you like.

sounds interesting... a lot of work and fresh sound samples
The sounds on tarmac get a bit annoying after playing for about an hour. I think the sound should kick in when you are already sliding. Maybe it should be a little more quite
i cant stop myself from tweaking sounds, ivgot another idea.

original skid is here

and preview of my current beta-tweaked skid samples in attachment.

Please tell me what you are thinking about it
Attached files
skidsample.mp3 - 124.5 KB - 1177 views
Very nice!
Great, it's getting better and better.
Keep it improving. In the last preview it sounds great. Much better than previous.
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz : not needed anymore
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz
When comparing real sounds with yours, your sounds are a bit silenced from real.
Quote from PioneerLv :When comparing real sounds with yours, your sounds are a bit silenced from real.

Actually sound samples are louder than in previous sets, i used 100% dynamic loudness(always used 80% to avoid clipping).
They will never be the same as real onesl, and there is some strange volume ballancing in ingame preview i think that is because of converting from fraps to aimersoft and to youtube...
I really like these sounds Nice work
Need help convering previews!!
I am still not satisfied with these sounds. I will spend some time on updating again, i found that there is part of skid sample that sounds better and that scrape soft sounds more realistic even for hard surfaces, much like a real steel car hitting another object like cone/ wall/car. And grass/dirt/sand still needs balancing a bit. Furthermore i can not use 100% dynamic loudness for skid medium and heavy, as they are too loud compared to road noise(which was maxed already).

I need help
Convering lfs-fraps-aimersoft-youtube costs me a lot of sound data loss!!!
How to avoid this??
Quote from Karl Morytz :I need help
Convering lfs-fraps-aimersoft-youtube costs me a lot of sound data loss!!!
How to avoid this??

Record audio directly from LFS, I recommend Audacity (free, open-source), Wavelab (proprietary and quite expensive, Steinberg) or SoundForge (proprietary, Sony).
I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about the bad sound quality on youtube, but you could release high quality sound previews using a lossless format like flac.
They sound very low-fi, and there are clicks in it. But you're getting close to it.
-
(Karl Morytz) DELETED by Karl Morytz
Nice!!!
Its gonna be big!

SKID SOUNDS REWORKED Update 02.08.2015
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG