The online racing simulator
you never hitten a speedbump at high speed?
(37 posts, started )
well title says it, have you ever hitten a speedbump at high speeds? ive once and it didnt feel nice. 120 km/h and suddenly there is a speedbump in middle of no where. atleast we got a flying toyota yaris and some broken stuff
I have personally never hitten one, but when i was in the car with my brothers GF, she was really flying down the road in her car and as she came round a corner, she hit the bump at about 55mph. Because the car is so low (Ford Racing Puma), she instantly ripped the front bumper off which then went under the wheels. She also buckled both front wheels. She did get a little air but surprisingly, there was no suspension damage. Still, it was expensive to fix, and scary as hell!
Only on a motorbike at 'some' speed.

Was doing about 50mph, saw the speed bump in the distance but it didn't look very big. Got upto it and realised it was a new one which was horrible, no point braking as it would've made things worse. Got a bit of air but not much.

Not a speed bump but I used to try jump over little mini roundabout's on my AR50.
Used to go overthem in my uncles old Mini (With welded rear suspension) @ about 40mph, anyone on back seat used to smack against the roof! was brilliant fun when kids!!!
Those silly little speedbumps in the middle of the lane, I always used to keep the best speed I could over them, and laugh at the car behind who would crawl over them. Did get one or two complaints from passengers about the lack of headroom in that 106, though.

Nowadays in my Focus though, if I have passengers in the back and some shopping then I'm the one who has to crawl over them The sound of the exhaust scraping just isn't nice. Although it only seems to do it to ones in Plymouth, nasty things.
There's a series of speedbumps where I used to live that are large but smooth, perfect for taking quickly for some fun. One day I decided to take them about 40mph, quite a bit faster than usual. Got some air, bottomed out on landing, and broke some beer that was in the trunk that I had forgotten all about! Doh!
A while ago I hit a cut out "hole" in the road which was supposed to become a speedbump. It kinda looked like this: -----____------, and the drop was about 15cm.

Anyhow, there were no signs of roadwork, it was dark, and it kinda was a backroad leading to a hillbilly town (a lot of those in holland), so I was driving 120 on a 80 road.

It didn't result in a lot of damage though, just some scratching on the bottom of the front bumper, but it certainly was the most scary moment I've ever had in a car.
I once hit a speedbump at about 90 kph with my bike, was quite a laugh but I wont do it again, at least not that fast.
Always crawling over them with the car though cause it's my mom's astra and it's rather low compared to my (dead) 84' transit.

Quote from e2mustang :look at the lambo on the end of vid,i dont think he liked it
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg79_mM2CNY

Aren't speedbumps supposed to be a safety precaution? This is just outright stupid, I would so sue the government if I was one of the drivers
The lambo kinda deserved it though, he really was going way to fast.
WOW at that Lambo... WTF!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well there was a thread made loooongggg ago... that a car hit a speedbump and then he crashed = shit.

Concerning me, yes a biiiggg speedbump...my car flew... and omg, i tought it would break in the front parts (bumper)
#13 - Jakg
At about 30 MPH just after i'd seen someone waiting for me (a girl, actually!) - I slammed on the brakes and didn't see it and did a "flying through the air scrotum-crunching landing" which really impresses girls.
#14 - mr_x
I've not jumped a speed bump before, but I've gone over the bump that marked the end of a road (about twice the height of a speed bump) once, it was middle of the night and I went exploring down this road at about 30mph, didn't see the end of the road... Jumped through the air, landed on the front left corner of the car (a Toyota Yaris)... Was very lucky not to write it off or do any mechanical damage!!!

Only damage was some front bumper clips snapped off, and the frame around the engine was bent... got that straightened out, and still got the existing bumper on it, which is held on with 3 clips now instead of 6.
On my old DT 125 I used to hit speedbumps as fast as possible just to see how high I could jump
Problem was, the old DT wasn't very fast
Well, it's not so popular in Hungary... The people who hit them (and that cause damage) simply stop and steal the parts of it So simple, isn't it?!
I've hit some at over 80km/h, didn't feel a thing. Citroen BX.
Quote from Batterypark :I've hit some at over 80km/h, didn't feel a thing. Citroen BX.

Hydraulic suspension FTW?
We have a few pretty low ones here, I take them at 90 km/h in my fiesta and sometimes even faster in the Mondeo. I always love how lowered cars come crawling up my ass and then have to brake to a standstill for a rather low speedbump, and I just keep blasting away
I laughed so hard at that Lambo one, i thought he was gonna roll it !
Quote from Jakg :"flying through the air scrotum-crunching landing" which really impresses girls.

Well I don't see why any girl would like that if it ruined your scrotum.
Have you seen Jakg? I don't think they want him for those skills as it is.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Have you seen Jakg? I don't think they want him for those skills as it is.

LOL now that was below the belt. From what I heard she's an honest keeper
I learned a good trick when taking on speed bumps in a heavy vehicle (express 3500 diesel)

If you slow down, and then accelerate hard just as the rear wheels are at the top of the bump, it plants the rear axle and you don't get any bounce at all.

It works with small cars to, it makes for a smoother ride down streets that have a speed bump every 20 feet. We have alot of those in Canada.

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG