The online racing simulator
hamilton's mclaren seemed twitchy in the lowes hairpin, but very steady in the chicane after the tunnel and the swimming pool complex.
So, who do you think has the greatest chance to win? I vote for the Ferraris.
Go Rosberg!
Is there anywere I can watch the highlights of the quali... I woke up too late

And those ITV guys wont let me cuz I don't live in the UK.
What if it rains tomorrow and everyone else but Rosberg will start with intermediate tyres. And then the track drys and he wins?
Quote from hyntty :What if it rains tomorrow and everyone else but Rosberg will start with intermediate tyres. And then the track drys and he wins?

That would be interesting. What if a flood comes and destroy whole Monaco? Back to topic, I don't think Rosberg would win the race tomorrow. Remember, there were several occasions when Rosberg was fast as hell at qualification, but he badly failed at race. I hope he'll be lucky this time. This guy has great skills, he needs a proper car to get closer to the podium.
V surprising to see Massa on pole. Heamultoni looked a shoe in since Thursday morning. Lets hope Ferrari are running light.

A big 'Tommy Two Thumbs' up for Rosberg too, he's got some talent that kid, lets hope he gets into a top team in the next few years. Or better still, lets hope Williams remember how to make a front row car.
i absolutely loved hamiltons corner entries
I haven't watched the Q footage, but if McLaren is faster in S2, it probably means their suspension is softer. I think that might help them if it rains during the race: less chance of aqua-planing and so forth.

Not an expert, of course, just a semi-educated guess.
Quote from samjh :I haven't watched the Q footage, but if McLaren is faster in S2, it probably means their suspension is softer. I think that might help them if it rains during the race: less chance of aqua-planing and so forth.

No its Ferrari thats faster in S2.
Quote from samjh :I haven't watched the Q footage, but if McLaren is faster in S2, it probably means their suspension is softer. I think that might help them if it rains during the race: less chance of aqua-planing and so forth.

Could be anything. Could be shorter wheelbase, different diff settings - all sorts of things.

On a happy note - I see that it is raining for the Porsche Supercup race.
Well, the Porsche Supercup is going on Eurosport and it's raining as hell. We'll have an interesting race in the afternoon.
Im a merc fan but i hate Hamilton i liked him in his Rookie season but by the end of that season i was like MEH!

I hope webber pulls something he could win if he really wanted to.
Unlucky DC, looked a nasty crash at 181mph

looking forward to this one if its wet
Quote from mookie427 :Unlucky DC, looked a nasty crash at 181mph

looking forward to this one if its wet

My way of thinking:

Coulthard? Nooooo!!! Wet track? Epic Fail!
DC is not the one to worry about, the ones to worry about are the rookies like Vettel and Piquet, they do well to finish dry races on wide tracks with plenty of room for error, so Monaco in the wet with no TC should equal massive noob pile up.

EDIT: Have to add that the driving standards in the Porsche Supercup were superb in comparison to the F3 race at Monza that I watched before it.
I think Ferrari will win this, especially now its soaking wet, long wheel base cars usually do better in the wet. I think my prediction about a suprise in the top 3 due to a big accident could turn out to be correct, of all the places to have the first wet race, this is the one all the drivers would have asked to avoid.
http://www.meteox.com/gmap.asp ... 89151&lon=2.900390625

^^ a lot of rain there!!

Anyhow, I think mclaren uses less downforce than ferrari because of the big differences in sector times yesterday, so mclaren will most probably suck today even if they have a better strategy.

Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :
and the dry tunnel section might add some uncertainty into the race as well.

The track officials will probably hose the tunnel part, so the difference isn't too big between dry and wet. They also did that in 1984 (watched that race yesterday on utoob)

edit: They might not do that anymore, we'll find out later i guess
Safety car and the new pit lanes rules could have a massive influence on this race. It is impossible to predict. If someone pits just before a SC then they will get to the front as everyone else cycles through. Pitting early would be the smart thing to do, except that could put the front runners right in the middle of the pack.

If it is complete chaos then who knows? Maybe Button, Webber or Rosberg could win.
This was the situation 2 hours ago:

It's not raining but the track is wet.
c'mon webber win it!!
Quote from Mustafur :c'mon webber win it!!

No, Couldthard will crash everyone an win the race. Or Nakajima...
Atleast now there is only 5 cars behind him

[F1] Monaco GP 2008 *SPOILERS*
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG